Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
Power Tour Follow the leader,on the best roads,car show,bs,blah,blah,blah.I couldnt do it. To boring.DW Drive to the track. Flog it.Known destination(it is a test of man and machine) but dont know the route or if the car will make it X5!
BTW Larry gets more than 10 mpg but not by much
If DW doesnt interest you then do the PowerTour,bracket race,headsup only etc.Just dont say you have the fastest street car.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530738
11/21/09 01:12 AM
11/21/09 01:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

BS ... you have the "prize" for that !! ...

My hats-off to the guys who run the Power-Tour ... THAT is even ... IMO ...way more of a "test" of a genuine STREET CAR.

But YOU ....can keep calling an orange ...a potato.

What we really need is a Fabulous Doc Fiberglass Mr. Potatoe Head Practical Pump Gas Drags Magical Mystery Power Tour........

Rules would be;

Obviously, pump gas......since it's everywhere....

Heat and A/C.....Heat's pretty practical to clean off your fogged windows and A/C's pretty practical if you want to cool off your arm pits.....

Cruise control.......that's pretty practical for driving long distances........

Tires and wheels all the same size......Not many practical cars sold without all being the same size....that way our mini spare will fit in case we have a flat.......

Tires........No soft side wall or sticky tires of any kind.........since tread wear is so high, they're impractical.......and no new car comes with them.......

No trailers......What kind of PRACTICAL car needs a trailer for spare parts and different tires?.......

Keyless entry.......It's not very practical to have to fumble with keys in the Wal-Mart parking lot during the rain while loading your groceries........

Mufflers that make your exhaust as quite as a Geo Metro and tail pipes that exit at the rear bumper.......It's not very practical to have to shut your car off at the drive-thru to order your Big Mac.........

Rear seat...........You'd need a rear seat to take the ol lady and bambino to order at the drive-thru at McD's............

Catylitic converters.....It's not very practical to hurt the O-zone layer any more.......

It must get more than 20MPG on the highway at 70MPH.......It's not very practical to have a gas guzzler..........

Must have fuel injection........Carbs just aren't practical anymore.........

Must have power windows.......Heck, my cousin's kids didn't even know how to roll the window's down in my Dart (because I don't have that all important, practical, A/C system), so that must not be very practical........

Must have a radio.......What percentage of new, practical cars don't come with one?.........and it sure would be handy when driving cross country.......and AM only doesn't count, because it isn't very practical......

Must have anti-lock brakes......what if we have to slam on the brakes, in the rain, coming around a turn into a 3 car pile up???

How does the Doc draw the line???

Quote:

well i left for a bit and come back to a guy who is obsessed with cuddling statements...my statement was just about street cars, that is TRUE street cars...i didnt say anything about minivans...lots of people drive new cars fast, like idiots, the same way people drive their muscle like idiots and "powershift"...that is half the fun of driving, to not do it all is very unlike any car enthusiast to say the least...i could care less about those cars on powertour- to say that they have cars but dont know how to use them? i dont think so, because atleast they are driving them and not pulling a barret jackson on everyones ass...to you a street car is something that is so radical that you want to drive it for half an hour and thats it? half an hour on the XXXXXX street is nothing...thats pretty much what old bags do, driving to cruise nights, parking their old dusty asses, and then drive home..GAY! real street cars get driven and get driven HARD...you guys may say it cant be done, its expensive, its stupid...well, im only about 20 years old and have a good group of friends who are around the same age as me (no older than 25)...when we go cruising, we go out for hours on end constantly beating on out cars- one drives a 9 second mustang every single day in the summer! that is a street car...im talking about sub 11 second cars here (theres about 10 of us in total)- to me a fast TRUE street car can run 12's and drive to the track and back, but my buddy's are pushing it further than that, as are many others...stick to your little outings on the street that are so enjoyable, but id rather much spend 3 times as long behind the wheel in my car and powershifting and driving it HARD the way its meant to be, than pampering it like its my 2 year old daughter...i love guys who say oh its a street car, but pull it out for 5 minutes on the street, or trailer it to a street race...please go back home and rethink what a STREET car is LOL

oh and about corvettes...friend of mine has a c5 with a procharger that makes 989 to the wheels, drives it everyday (even drove it to corvettes at carlisle), gets wicked gas mileage, and its built to take one of the texas mile records...just some food for thought

Dude......You need to watch your Potty mouth......This isn't YellowBullet.......

It's funny how you argued WITH my point.....You never mentioned driving for an hour and half at a time, AT A STEADY SPEED.......

Who said I pamper my cars??? That's the majority of the Powerless Tour crowd.....I never said my cars were so radical I couldn't drive them....They can be driven as far as a tank of fuel will get them, but that's just not my thing......... .....I'm like you......I hammer the snot of them the majority of the time I'm in the driver's seat........

I LOVE impractical cars......and your buddies Vette is a prime example.......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530739
11/21/09 01:18 AM
11/21/09 01:18 AM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
Easy now,It's getting ready for Brown Suger time.
LOL

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530740
11/21/09 01:30 AM
11/21/09 01:30 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
Quote:

Quote:

BS ... you have the "prize" for that !! ...

My hats-off to the guys who run the Power-Tour ... THAT is even ... IMO ...way more of a "test" of a genuine STREET CAR.

But YOU ....can keep calling an orange ...a potato.

What we really need is a Fabulous Doc Fiberglass Mr. Potatoe Head Practical Pump Gas Drags Magical Mystery Power Tour........

Rules would be;

Obviously, pump gas......since it's everywhere....

Heat and A/C.....Heat's pretty practical to clean off your fogged windows and A/C's pretty practical if you want to cool off your arm pits.....

Cruise control.......that's pretty practical for driving long distances........

Tires and wheels all the same size......Not many practical cars sold without all being the same size....that way our mini spare will fit in case we have a flat.......

Tires........No soft side wall or sticky tires of any kind.........since tread wear is so high, they're impractical.......and no new car comes with them.......

No trailers......What kind of PRACTICAL car needs a trailer for spare parts and different tires?.......

Keyless entry.......It's not very practical to have to fumble with keys in the Wal-Mart parking lot during the rain while loading your groceries........

Mufflers that make your exhaust as quite as a Geo Metro and tail pipes that exit at the rear bumper.......It's not very practical to have to shut your car off at the drive-thru to order your Big Mac.........

Rear seat...........You'd need a rear seat to take the ol lady and bambino to order at the drive-thru at McD's............

Catylitic converters.....It's not very practical to hurt the O-zone layer any more.......

It must get more than 20MPG on the highway at 70MPH.......It's not very practical to have a gas guzzler..........

Must have fuel injection........Carbs just aren't practical anymore.........

Must have power windows.......Heck, my cousin's kids didn't even know how to roll the window's down in my Dart (because I don't have that all important, practical, A/C system), so that must not be very practical........

Must have a radio.......What percentage of new, practical cars don't come with one?.........and it sure would be handy when driving cross country.......and AM only doesn't count, because it isn't very practical......

Must have anti-lock brakes......what if we have to slam on the brakes, in the rain, coming around a turn into a 3 car pile up???

How does the Doc draw the line???

Quote:

well i left for a bit and come back to a guy who is obsessed with cuddling statements...my statement was just about street cars, that is TRUE street cars...i didnt say anything about minivans...lots of people drive new cars fast, like idiots, the same way people drive their muscle like idiots and "powershift"...that is half the fun of driving, to not do it all is very unlike any car enthusiast to say the least...i could care less about those cars on powertour- to say that they have cars but dont know how to use them? i dont think so, because atleast they are driving them and not pulling a barret jackson on everyones ass...to you a street car is something that is so radical that you want to drive it for half an hour and thats it? half an hour on the XXXXXX street is nothing...thats pretty much what old bags do, driving to cruise nights, parking their old dusty asses, and then drive home..GAY! real street cars get driven and get driven HARD...you guys may say it cant be done, its expensive, its stupid...well, im only about 20 years old and have a good group of friends who are around the same age as me (no older than 25)...when we go cruising, we go out for hours on end constantly beating on out cars- one drives a 9 second mustang every single day in the summer! that is a street car...im talking about sub 11 second cars here (theres about 10 of us in total)- to me a fast TRUE street car can run 12's and drive to the track and back, but my buddy's are pushing it further than that, as are many others...stick to your little outings on the street that are so enjoyable, but id rather much spend 3 times as long behind the wheel in my car and powershifting and driving it HARD the way its meant to be, than pampering it like its my 2 year old daughter...i love guys who say oh its a street car, but pull it out for 5 minutes on the street, or trailer it to a street race...please go back home and rethink what a STREET car is LOL

oh and about corvettes...friend of mine has a c5 with a procharger that makes 989 to the wheels, drives it everyday (even drove it to corvettes at carlisle), gets wicked gas mileage, and its built to take one of the texas mile records...just some food for thought

Dude......You need to watch your Potty mouth......This isn't YellowBullet.......

It's funny how you argued WITH my point.....You never mentioned driving for an hour and half at a time, AT A STEADY SPEED.......

Who said I pamper my cars??? That's the majority of the Powerless Tour crowd.....I never said my cars were so radical I couldn't drive them....They can be driven as far as a tank of fuel will get them, but that's just not my thing......... .....I'm like you......I hammer the snot of them the majority of the time I'm in the driver's seat........

I LOVE impractical cars......and your buddies Vette is a prime example.......

You definitely put some thought into that post

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 8secDart] #530741
11/21/09 01:33 AM
11/21/09 01:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

well i left for a bit and come back to a guy who is obsessed with cuddling statements...my statement was just about street cars, that is TRUE street cars...i didnt say anything about minivans...lots of people drive new cars fast, like idiots, the same way people drive their muscle like idiots and "powershift"...that is half the fun of driving, to not do it all is very unlike any car enthusiast to say the least...i could care less about those cars on powertour- to say that they have cars but dont know how to use them? i dont think so, because atleast they are driving them and not pulling a barret jackson on everyones ass...to you a street car is something that is so radical that you want to drive it for half an hour and thats it? half an hour on the goddam street is nothing...thats pretty much what old bags do, driving to cruise nights, parking their old dusty asses, and then drive home..GAY! real street cars get driven and get driven HARD...you guys may say it cant be done, its expensive, its stupid...well, im only about 20 years old and have a good group of friends who are around the same age as me (no older than 25)...when we go cruising, we go out for hours on end constantly beating on out cars- one drives a 9 second mustang every single day in the summer! that is a street car...im talking about sub 11 second cars here (theres about 10 of us in total)- to me a fast TRUE street car can run 12's and drive to the track and back, but my buddy's are pushing it further than that, as are many others...stick to your little outings on the street that are so enjoyable, but id rather much spend 3 times as long behind the wheel in my car and powershifting and driving it HARD the way its meant to be, than pampering it like its my 2 year old daughter...i love guys who say oh its a street car, but pull it out for 5 minutes on the street, or trailer it to a street race...please go back home and rethink what a STREET car is LOL

Post back in a few years!!!

No kidding and when you have a mortgage and every other bill on the list to pay and see much you will be willing to rip it up every day and ya we were 20 before so we know. Everyone should just take a deep breath and relax.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ksj] #530742
11/21/09 01:36 AM
11/21/09 01:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

LOL

It's not practical enough for this crowd......

Quote:

ROFLAMO......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530743
11/21/09 01:55 AM
11/21/09 01:55 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
I was impressed,Kudos!

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ksj] #530744
11/21/09 02:46 AM
11/21/09 02:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets not confuse Drag Week with power tour. Not that I have anything against those guys 'cause at least they drive their cars.
Drag Week is like having a good girl: Cuddle, cuddle, nice, nice for most of the day. Then slam the [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] off it that night! Isn't that how it works the world over?
As for those going on about a pissing match. Isn't that what it is every time you run at a drag strip?
Or am I missing some thing?

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530745
11/21/09 03:20 AM
11/21/09 03:20 AM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
So your just a trophie hunter if you go and if you dont go your car isnt really a street car and just making excuses!

Mopar Performance
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530746
11/21/09 04:24 AM
11/21/09 04:24 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Quote:

LOL

It's not practical enough for this crowd......

Quote:

ROFLAMO......

Have to agree ... GREAT post .... if you want talking-in-circles and lotsa' BS -- yeah dat beeez Big Squeeze !

NO cruise control, AC or your other BS ... just the Power Tour.

Do you THINK your minivan could handle that ? ..

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530747
11/21/09 07:52 AM
11/21/09 07:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Have to agree ... GREAT post .... if you want talking-in-circles and lotsa' BS -- yeah dat beeez Big Squeeze !

Now you're the one getting your painties in a wad because maybe you're realizing that the way YOU decide who's car is a street car or not is looking just as silly as those rules in your new racing class.......

Quote:

NO cruise control, AC or your other BS ... just the Power Tour.

More rules for your class;

Headers.....Not allowed because they're not practical because with the miles you put on your car, they'll rust out in less than a year and if you ever have to change starters, pulling a header off to do so isn't very practical either.......

Air Bags (not the kind for raising or lowering your pimped ride)........Must have them in case you're in a wreck.......With today's technology, it's not practical to not build a safe car...........

Fiberglass body parts........Not allowed because of crash test ratings........The car needs to crumple around you in a crash, not all the way up to you........

Nitrous.........Isn't allowed because you can't refill bottles once you've closed your trunk......It's not very practical to fill bottles just to make your car run faster........

Quote:

Do you THINK your minivan could handle that ? ..

Yes, my wife's minivan does fit the rules in your new class 100%......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530748
11/21/09 09:12 AM
11/21/09 09:12 AM
Cincinnati Oh
F
fasthawk6 Offline
enthusiast
fasthawk6  Offline
enthusiast
F

Cincinnati Oh
Too each their own, its all about the ego.Do you need a 8sec car to bracket race no you can do that with a every day driver and win money.Does someone need a 7sec street car.What about the guys that build cars just for street racing and trailer all over the country , i think one was already mentioned here.Its all about the $$$$$ and how you want to spend it and want to do with your car.

Would i do drag week yes i would all i need is a gearvendors or a 5speed.Its not about the winning or ego trip for me it would be about having a good time.We have allready traveled 7 hours one way to race at pinks allout , made 4 passses and back home and had a great time

5618133-newdart.jpg (43 downloads)
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: fasthawk6] #530749
11/21/09 09:52 AM
11/21/09 09:52 AM
Canada north shore lake Ontari...
ross Offline
ross  Offline

Canada north shore lake Ontari...
Wow! What happened to the original question? These posts put a smile on my face and are fun to read but the fact remains that if you haven't done Drag Week you really don't know what it's all about. Good luck to you who want to come. I hope you make it.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ross] #530750
11/21/09 11:04 AM
11/21/09 11:04 AM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
there was no potty mouthing in my post, but its moparts i guess i gotta watch out...never driven for an hour and half straight? um youd be surprised what we do...like i said the track is an hour and half/ 2 hours away and my friends drive their cars there, on the highway, with at minium 4.10 gears, screaming, and even still hammer it on each in high gear...i love how people think its my age...you think that i HAVE money at 20 years old? I think that is probably one of the most uneducated statements ive heard of all time- how many 20 year olds do you know with deep pockets? (and no, i dont get any financial help before you even go there)all the money that goes into my car is from a part time wage with only a couple months of full time in the summer...i have bills to pay too, but i wont get into those because im obviously too young for that right? so in reality, im just like every other "poor" racer out there...that doesnt mean though that im going to tippie toe around driving it everywhere- if stuff breaks, you fix it, and if you have to wait to get the money then so be it...All im saying is plain and simple dont go around boasting my car is a street car when you cant even run it on pump gas or for more than a half hour because its too loud this, or it overheats that...the impracticality of these cars as street cars is what makes them so flippin cool! and as for roadtrips like the power tour or drag week, if you can drive your car there and enjoy it kudos to you! like i said these cars are meant to be driven, and driven damn hard! for anyone who disagrees with me i could care less, because i have a hell of a good time doing this stuff with my cars and my friends...you only live once, so live flippin fast!

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ksj] #530751
11/21/09 11:13 AM
11/21/09 11:13 AM
Mopar Lane,Mississippi
67HEMI Offline OP
super stock
67HEMI  Offline OP
super stock

Mopar Lane,Mississippi
Quote:

If DW doesnt interest you then do the PowerTour,bracket race,headsup only etc.Just dont say you have the fastest street car.

Precisely! My original post was intended to see WHY there were no Fast Mopars (7,8,9's) at drag week. Then the debates started. I guess chevy people just have more money,more spare time,more grit,more determination, and faster cars

'33 Plymouth 5 Window Coupe Blown Aluminum HEMI w/bolt ons (under construction) '69 Chrysler 300 Convertible 375 HP 440 '71 Plymouth Duster 360 W/EFI (Wife's Ride) '12 Ram MegaCab Dually 6.7 Cummins
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 67HEMI] #530752
11/21/09 11:23 AM
11/21/09 11:23 AM
Canada
M
Mofopar Offline
Mofopar  Offline
M

Canada
Quote:

Cruising a car down the highway for hours is like cuddling

Or, NASCAR if were talking about performance cars.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530753
11/21/09 04:38 PM
11/21/09 04:38 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006
dOc !  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Yes, my wife's minivan does fit the rules in your new class 100%......

Come on BS ... no "rules". Just TWO WORDS ... Power Tour.

Now you can continue here with all your BigSmoke(and mirrors) ....and talking-in-circles.

I will have to agree with another guy ... your posts DO bring a BigSmile to my face ..... with all your shuck-and-jive. ...

ARE YOU by any chance a politician ?

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530754
11/21/09 04:53 PM
11/21/09 04:53 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Like i posted before, this site sure has a lot of haters on it.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: bigtimeauto] #530755
11/21/09 05:08 PM
11/21/09 05:08 PM
BX, CT, FL.
B
B1KILLER Offline
pro stock
B1KILLER  Offline
pro stock
B

BX, CT, FL.

5618832-MoPower4.jpg (39 downloads)
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: bigtimeauto] #530756
11/21/09 10:50 PM
11/21/09 10:50 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
Quote:

Like i posted before, this site sure has a lot of haters on it.

Yep, it's amazing. Some of the guys preaching about how everyone should build, use, and enjoy their cars have never even posted any info or pics of their own cars. Do they even have cars? And I'd have to hit the lottery to beat the snot out of my 9 second street car 7 days a week. Most the time it's on jackstands with a car cover over it but I sure do enjoy it when the time and money are there. And yes it's more of a race car with plates and mufflers but I'd drive a ProStock on the street occasionally if I had one.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7