11/20/09 06:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

sr440,Is it 3 or 4 years in a row you guys have come over to tour the USA? (You need an "A" body in the stable) Im hoping 09 includes Heartland Park Topeka so we can all at Mike Crows house.

Thanks.09 was year 3 for us. My friend Andrew drove my 63 440 this year (yes the old Tony Sauer car)got a best (I think) time of 11.63 out of it. Good car still running strong. A testament to Tonys building skills. I think I have sold the car to another Aussie friend who wants to run it in 2010. My plan is to bring an Aussie car over next year(time permitting)
I do have an A body. I bought it off a moparts member in Washington a few years ago and drove it down to LA for shipping via Las Vegas Where I got married in it. Literally! Drive through. No not by Elvis.(that would be tacky)
Last wednsday I ran 11.04 @ 122 in it at a Street meet here in Sydney.(our roll bar rules ect click in at 11.00)So Im happy with it.
I would love to bring it back over for Drag Week but that would be like bringing ice to Eskimos wouldn't it?

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530718
11/20/09 07:47 AM
11/20/09 07:47 AM
pa
572charger Offline
top fuel
572charger  Offline
top fuel

pa
u may see me there next year !! i almost went this year but could not get that week off [not enough senority ] good chance of going next year ! i love driving my car !! i go 100-150 miles almost every weekend i love going to woodward and sitting in 18 miles of traffic with people tossing buckets of water out in the street to do burnouts just don't try to talk to me when i get out of my car , 4 1/2 " exhaust and 50 miles of driving is like being at a metallica concert in the front row bring back the pump gas drags !!!!!!!!!! i'm also going to norwalk for the street assasin class sounds like fun ! ran a string of 9 ohs last week in bad air !! street assasin has a 8.90 index on street tires and exhaust right?? ps if i cant drive it on the street its no good to me !!

606 hemi pump gas best 9.60 at 142mph on motor
05 hemi daytona 1500 go-mango 4wd quadcab
2007 hotrod mag pump gas drags runner up, roadkill nights dodge big tire winner 2018 2019 back to back
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530719
11/20/09 09:20 AM
11/20/09 09:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I bought it off a moparts member in Washington a few years ago and drove it down to LA for shipping via Las Vegas Where I got married in it. Literally! Drive through. No not by Elvis.(that would be tacky)
Last wednsday I ran 11.04 @ 122 in it at a Street meet here in Sydney

Here's a pic of it, kinda small though.......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 572charger] #530720
11/20/09 10:57 AM
11/20/09 10:57 AM
nw pa
steelhead Offline
mopar
steelhead  Offline
mopar

nw pa
Quote:

u may see me there next year !! i almost went this year but could not get that week off [not enough senority ] good chance of going next year ! i love driving my car !! i go 100-150 miles almost every weekend i love going to woodward and sitting in 18 miles of traffic with people tossing buckets of water out in the street to do burnouts just don't try to talk to me when i get out of my car , 4 1/2 " exhaust and 50 miles of driving is like being at a metallica concert in the front row bring back the pump gas drags !!!!!!!!!! i'm also going to norwalk for the street assasin class sounds like fun ! ran a string of 9 ohs last week in bad air !! street assasin has a 8.90 index on street tires and exhaust right?? ps if i cant drive it on the street its no good to me !!

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530721
11/20/09 12:05 PM
11/20/09 12:05 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

I have no need or desire for a streeter being that fast ....

You want the truth?!?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: CrAzYMoPaRGuY] #530722
11/20/09 12:21 PM
11/20/09 12:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

I have no need or desire for a streeter being that fast ....

You want the truth?!?
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thats just plain old fashioned crazy.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: ] #530723
11/20/09 12:30 PM
11/20/09 12:30 PM
Canada
CrAzYMoPaRGuY Offline
I Live Here
CrAzYMoPaRGuY  Offline
I Live Here

Canada
Quote:

Now thats just plain old fashioned crazy.

I'm sure Doc will see that pic, recognize the truth, and 100% completely accept it.
There IS no alternative.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 572charger] #530724
11/20/09 01:23 PM
11/20/09 01:23 PM
WASHINGTON, PA
11secaarcuda Offline
top fuel
11secaarcuda  Offline
top fuel

WASHINGTON, PA
Quote:

Need a copilot?

67 Dart GT 340 4 speed
70 AAR Cuda 408 6 barrel
96 Indy Ram original owner
2011 Hemi Durango
Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 67HEMI] #530725
11/20/09 02:06 PM
11/20/09 02:06 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
It's too far east for you, too far west for me, my car's too slow to win, I don't need to be in a magazine (again) that badly, it's no fun to actually drive my car for hundreds of miles at a time, my car's too loud (headaches), my car's too quiet (fall asleep at the wheel), blah, blah, blah... That should about cover it, right?

Do I think it would be a memorable experience? Yep.

Do I think it would be worth participating in even knowing my junk is not "win worthy?" Yep.

Is the fact that it's being held smack in the middle of the country (give or take) a logistical deterent to giving it a serious try? Yep.

Do I think that HR should alternate locations each year (west coast, central states, east coast) and see if they could draw in some different cars from each region? Yep.

Until then, I'll stay a mildy interested spectator from afar.

Y'all can go back to your pissin' contest now.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: 67HEMI] #530726
11/20/09 02:14 PM
11/20/09 02:14 PM
Canada north shore lake Ontari...
ross Offline
ross  Offline

Canada north shore lake Ontari...
Anyone who has not done Drag Week have no idea what they are commenting about, those that have are members of a very elite fraturnity. I have been 4 times in my 68 Runner and can't wait for the 2010 event. I would encourage anyone who is thinking about going to do so. You will not be disappointed.I don't fall into the fast Mopar list because I do not want a bar in my car but you can have a lot of fun in daily driver.
Cheers Ross

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530727
11/20/09 05:26 PM
11/20/09 05:26 PM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
Quote:

Toughen up princess!
Funny how a lot of people talking their car up as a street car dont want to drive it for more than a half hour or so at one time..........
Not many people who compete at Drag Week dont want to go back the next year. You might be missing out on something..........

i think this statement pretty much sums it all up! I love how people say they have 8,9,10 second street cars...oh really? would you be willing to drive it for an hour and a half on the freeway? how bout stop and go traffic? most people consider their car being fast and street legal a street car...i say if you cant drive it like a regular car you buy at the new car dealership everyday, then its not a street car but a race car that is legally allowed to drive on public roadways...nothing beats seeing cars driven atleast and hour each way to the track, pulling some fast times, then coming home...even low 12 second cars doing it impress me...that is a street car!

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: mshred] #530728
11/20/09 11:26 PM
11/20/09 11:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Toughen up princess!
Funny how a lot of people talking their car up as a street car dont want to drive it for more than a half hour or so at one time..........
Not many people who compete at Drag Week dont want to go back the next year. You might be missing out on something.......

i think this statement pretty much sums it all up! I love how people say they have 8,9,10 second street cars...oh really? would you be willing to drive it for an hour and a half on the freeway? how bout stop and go traffic? most people consider their car being fast and street legal a street car...i say if you cant drive it like a regular car you buy at the new car dealership everyday, then its not a street car but a race car that is legally allowed to drive on public roadways...nothing beats seeing cars driven atleast and hour each way to the track, pulling some fast times, then coming home...even low 12 second cars doing it impress me...that is a street car!

All this kind of talk sure gets old.......I wouldn't even want to drive a bone stock 383 Roadrunner, that runs on pump gas, for an hour and a half .......I just don't understand the thrill in that???.......I've done it, and it doesn't get me giddy....... I know people LOVE it (Power Tour is proof of that), but why is it such a big deal that people's Hot Rods be able to do what my wife's minivan can do???

I compare most of the Power Tour crowd to the guys that have trophy wife's.......They like to show them off to other people to stroke their ego, but don't really know how to use them for what they're made for and don't even know how to get them to perform to their fullest potential..........

Cruising a car down the highway for hours is like cuddling.......I can only take so much of it, and hours of it would kill me, especially if she was stinky and noisy (like Elvis's car)..........I've got to pull on the pistol grip shifter at wide open throttle and do the BIG, 1-2, POWERSHIFT!!! ......for me, that's what it's all about.......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530729
11/20/09 11:38 PM
11/20/09 11:38 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006
The village idiot's idiot
dOc !  Online Penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

but why is it such a big deal that people's Hot Rods be able to do what my wife's minivan can do???

....because THAT is what defines a TRUE street-car !

Now if you other guys want to call an orange ....A POTATO ......

GO ferr it ! ... ...

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530730
11/20/09 11:47 PM
11/20/09 11:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

but why is it such a big deal that people's Hot Rods be able to do what my wife's minivan can do???

....because THAT is what defines a TRUE street-car !

Now if you other guys want to call an orange ....A POTATO ......

GO ferr it ! ... ...

Says who??? you??? Just because my car isn't as practical as a minivan doesn't mean it's not a street car........Corvette's aren't practical.......Driving a car down the highway like Larson's getting less than 10MPG isn't practical.......Who made YOU in charge of drawing the line of how pratical somebody elses car needs to be???

For the most part, this boils down to money.....we can't all have the coinage like Larson to have a 6 second car you can drive cross country......and honestly, if I did, I still wouldn't care to.........

Now, if you guys would rather spend hours cuddling instead of hammering on what you claim to be a hot rod, GO ferr it !

I'd venture to say that 95% of the people that have a pre '75 model car, drive their cars less than 2,000 miles per year and less than 60 miles in any one direction........If you agree with that, then why make those cars run on minivan propellant? Why cut the sack off their prized bull???

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530731
11/20/09 11:57 PM
11/20/09 11:57 PM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Corvette's aren't practical.......Driving a car down the highway like Larson's getting less than 10MPG isn't practical.......Who made YOU in charge of drawing the line of how pratical somebody elses car needs to be???

Now looky what I did ... I got BS's panties ina' wad !

A Corvette is not practical ? ..... oh geese !! .. I know a guy who drives a ZR1 to FL every year !!

not practical ? ... me thimks that YOU are toooo USED to your wife's mini-van !! ...

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530732
11/20/09 11:58 PM
11/20/09 11:58 PM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
OK guys you want to take a car and the parts that (WE)most racers can barely afford and tear up in one week.That does not sound fun to me.Yes most everyones car can make the drive.Big deal,yes I do think alot of the cats that do it.But lets face facts it's a hole lot of money.For what????Mine's bigger than your's.After all this the car would need freshed from front to rear.So yes you guys win!!!!!!!!!!!I'am just to damn poor for some pissing match.Lenny

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530733
11/21/09 12:08 AM
11/21/09 12:08 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Now looky what I did ... I got BS's panties ina' wad !

There you go strokin' your ego again.....What makes you think my panties are in a wad??? you need to take a couple of steps back.....

Quote:

A Corvette is not practical ? ..... oh geese !! .. I know a guy who drives a ZR1 to FL every year !!

not practical ? ... me thimks that YOU are toooo USED to your wife's mini-van !! ...

A relatively expensive, two seater isn't a practical car for 95% of the population.....just like a car like Larson's........or the Silver Bullet.......or really any gas guzzlin, carbureted Muscle car.......

I, and others, like to push the edge of practicality....

Just keep talking in circles.......you're actually pretty good at it......

If you, and a lot of other people, would rather cuddle than power shift, have at it.......

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? #530734
11/21/09 12:15 AM
11/21/09 12:15 AM
Florida STAYcation
dOc ! Online penguin-006

Florida STAYcation
Quote:

Just keep talking in circles.......you're actually pretty good at it......

BS ... you have the "prize" for that !! ...

My hats-off to the guys who run the Power-Tour ... THAT is even ... IMO ...way more of a "test" of a genuine STREET CAR.

But YOU ....can keep calling an orange ...a potato.

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: dOc !] #530735
11/21/09 12:32 AM
11/21/09 12:32 AM
Toronto
M
mshred Offline
master
mshred  Offline
master
M

Toronto
well i left for a bit and come back to a guy who is obsessed with cuddling statements...my statement was just about street cars, that is TRUE street cars...i didnt say anything about minivans...lots of people drive new cars fast, like idiots, the same way people drive their muscle like idiots and "powershift"...that is half the fun of driving, to not do it all is very unlike any car enthusiast to say the least...i could care less about those cars on powertour- to say that they have cars but dont know how to use them? i dont think so, because atleast they are driving them and not pulling a barret jackson on everyones ass...to you a street car is something that is so radical that you want to drive it for half an hour and thats it? half an hour on the goddam street is nothing...thats pretty much what old bags do, driving to cruise nights, parking their old dusty asses, and then drive home..GAY! real street cars get driven and get driven HARD...you guys may say it cant be done, its expensive, its stupid...well, im only about 20 years old and have a good group of friends who are around the same age as me (no older than 25)...when we go cruising, we go out for hours on end constantly beating on out cars- one drives a 9 second mustang every single day in the summer! that is a street car...im talking about sub 11 second cars here (theres about 10 of us in total)- to me a fast TRUE street car can run 12's and drive to the track and back, but my buddy's are pushing it further than that, as are many others...stick to your little outings on the street that are so enjoyable, but id rather much spend 3 times as long behind the wheel in my car and powershifting and driving it HARD the way its meant to be, than pampering it like its my 2 year old daughter...i love guys who say oh its a street car, but pull it out for 5 minutes on the street, or trailer it to a street race...please go back home and rethink what a STREET car is LOL

oh and about corvettes...friend of mine has a c5 with a procharger that makes 989 to the wheels, drives it everyday (even drove it to corvettes at carlisle), gets wicked gas mileage, and its built to take one of the texas mile records...just some food for thought

Re: Where were all the fast STREET MOPARS? [Re: mshred] #530736
11/21/09 12:45 AM
11/21/09 12:45 AM
Salisbury North Carolina
8secDart Offline
pro stock
8secDart  Offline
pro stock

Salisbury North Carolina
Quote:

well i left for a bit and come back to a guy who is obsessed with cuddling statements...my statement was just about street cars, that is TRUE street cars...i didnt say anything about minivans...lots of people drive new cars fast, like idiots, the same way people drive their muscle like idiots and "powershift"...that is half the fun of driving, to not do it all is very unlike any car enthusiast to say the least...i could care less about those cars on powertour- to say that they have cars but dont know how to use them? i dont think so, because atleast they are driving them and not pulling a barret jackson on everyones ass...to you a street car is something that is so radical that you want to drive it for half an hour and thats it? half an hour on the goddam street is nothing...thats pretty much what old bags do, driving to cruise nights, parking their old dusty asses, and then drive home..GAY! real street cars get driven and get driven HARD...you guys may say it cant be done, its expensive, its stupid...well, im only about 20 years old and have a good group of friends who are around the same age as me (no older than 25)...when we go cruising, we go out for hours on end constantly beating on out cars- one drives a 9 second mustang every single day in the summer! that is a street car...im talking about sub 11 second cars here (theres about 10 of us in total)- to me a fast TRUE street car can run 12's and drive to the track and back, but my buddy's are pushing it further than that, as are many others...stick to your little outings on the street that are so enjoyable, but id rather much spend 3 times as long behind the wheel in my car and powershifting and driving it HARD the way its meant to be, than pampering it like its my 2 year old daughter...i love guys who say oh its a street car, but pull it out for 5 minutes on the street, or trailer it to a street race...please go back home and rethink what a STREET car is LOL

oh and about corvettes...friend of mine has a c5 with a procharger that makes 989 to the wheels, drives it everyday (even drove it to corvettes at carlisle), gets wicked gas mileage, and its built to take one of the texas mile records...just some food for thought

Post back in a few years!!!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7