10/06/09 05:16 PM
10/06/09 05:16 PM
charlotte nc
J
jimmysarrow Offline
jimmysarrow  Offline
J

charlotte nc
Sent the BG 2 port regulator for repair & it arrived at BG on7-24-09 and shipped on 8-10-09. I called on 8-3-09 and was told that when you work on it you will call me. Two days later was called by BG and they left a message I returned your phone calls for 2 days, told on first day that only one person worked on them and he was out that day. I left 2 phone numbers home & cell , so thay had contact numbers. Nobody said a word about after 7 days it was free.Not bashing BG , I have a 280 pump for 8 years with no problems. This is second time for repair on regulator in 8 years, but 2 fuel pressure gages that did not make a year each. So who do i contact about a refund on my $25.00 rebuild charge ? I am located in Mt Holly , NC , should be easy to locate the time it was at BG because the dates are the paper work you sent me , or PM me & I will give you the invoice #

Last edited by jimmysarrow; 10/06/09 05:27 PM.
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488671
10/06/09 05:20 PM
10/06/09 05:20 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Quote:

Sent the BG 2 port regulator for repair & it arrived at BG on7-24-09 and shipped on 8-10-09. I called on 8-3-09 and was told that when you work on it you will call me. Two days later was called by BG and they left a message I returned your phone calls for 2 days, told on first day that only one person worked on them and he was out that day. I left 2 phone numbers home & cell , so thay had contact numbers. Nobody said a word about after 7 days it was free.Not bashing BG , I have a 280 pump for 8 years with no problems. This is second time for repair on regulator in 8 years, but 2 fuel pressure gages that did not make a year each. So who do i contact about a refund on my $25.00 rebuild charge ?

"Barry Grant"
I tell you boys what. Starting September 1, all pumps that come in that aren't returned in 7 business days from date of receipt, not including weekends, or freight time back to you, whether it needs a seal or complete rebuild, it'll be free.

Those of you that don't like me - Barry Grant doesn’t suck - you do.

Mopar Performance
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488672
10/06/09 05:21 PM
10/06/09 05:21 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Good luck on 7 days. Sent mine back in July received almost 3 weeks later , and BG sent it back with signature required so it took another 2 days to get it from UPS ( UPS normally delivers @ my house between 4-5 pm, signature required they tried to deliver at noon , I guess UPS thinks nobody works in the daytime )

Now...here is what REALLY happened directly from my guy that handles the paperwork and off the repair sheet.I x'd part of his name but verified in his profile that he is the one.

"Adam if this was Jimmy snxxxr we recieved it on the 24th he was left a message on the 31st no answer, 3rd no answer ,4 th no answer.He called me on the afternoon of the 7 th and gave me his credit card and it shipped the following monday the 10th."

Technical Support Barry Grant, Inc. www.barrygrant.com
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488673
10/06/09 05:35 PM
10/06/09 05:35 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Sent the BG 2 port regulator for repair & it arrived at BG on7-24-09 and shipped on 8-10-09. I called on 8-3-09 and was told that when you work on it you will call me. Two days later was called by BG and they left a message I returned your phone calls for 2 days, told on first day that only one person worked on them and he was out that day. I left 2 phone numbers home & cell , so thay had contact numbers. Nobody said a word about after 7 days it was free.Not bashing BG , I have a 280 pump for 8 years with no problems. This is second time for repair on regulator in 8 years, but 2 fuel pressure gages that did not make a year each. So who do i contact about a refund on my $25.00 rebuild charge ? I am located in Mt Holly , NC , should be easy to locate the time it was at BG because the dates are the paper work you sent me , or PM me & I will give you the invoice #

Jimmy, you edited this AFTER I posted that we had already located the paperwork and posted what went on. Now you don't know this but I am out sick today from work so my guy had no idea why i asked him to locate this paperwork and email me with the time line on it but as you see from what was posted our first attempt to contact you was less then 7 business days and we actually left messages on THREE different occasions. I'll be glad to scan and post the worksheet with Jeffs notes when I get back in the office if needed. We are here to help but at the same time are not going to be taken advantage of just because somebody wants to post something.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488674
10/06/09 05:37 PM
charlotte nc
J
jimmysarrow Offline
jimmysarrow  Offline
J

charlotte nc
Write person but wrong date called, or you called the wrong number. I was at the beach and got back on 8-1-09 with no message on home answer machine , and I had my cell with me while i was at the beach. Thats why I called on 8-3-09 to see what was going on with the regulator ,and was told that you would contact me when you worked on it. Not Bashing BG , just expect a quicker turn around on rebuilds , and 7 working days seems long , do you guys not race ? How would you like to be down this long waiting for part to go racing ? I didnt bring up the refund you guys did , I just sent my version of the story, Remember i am the CUSTOMER.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488675
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Quote:

Jimmy, you edited this AFTER I posted that we had already located the paperwork and posted what went on. Now you don't know this but I am out sick today from work so my guy had no idea why i asked him to locate this paperwork and email me with the time line on it but as you see from what was posted our first attempt to contact you was less then 7 business days and we actually left messages on THREE different occasions. I'll be glad to scan and post the worksheet with Jeffs notes when I get back in the office if needed. We are here to help but at the same time are not going to be taken advantage of just because somebody wants to post something.

edit time 5:27

Edited by jimmysarrow (Tue Oct 06 2009 05:27 PM)

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488676
10/06/09 05:38 PM
10/06/09 05:38 PM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
after reading that yellowbullet link i...i...i'm kinda proud to have a bg carb on my turd. yes, i had issue with their world class not so good service, but they don't know me (or anybody else, for that matter) from adam. i got the safe answer (send it in, kid, and we'll see if big louie can fix it) on my stripped pump squirter threads, so i fixed 'em myself. no biggie.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488677
10/06/09 05:42 PM
10/06/09 05:42 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Write person but wrong date called, or you called the wrong number. I was at the beach and got back on 8-1-09 with no message on home answer machine , and I had my cell with me while i was at the beach. Thats why I called on 8-3-09 to see what was going on with the regulator ,and was told that you would contact me when you worked on it. Not Bashing BG , just expect a quicker turn around on rebuilds , and 7 working days seems long , do you guys not race ? How would you like to be down this long waiting for part to go racing ? I didnt bring up the refund you guys did , I just sent my version of the story, Remember i am the CUSTOMER.

7 days is very reasonable and I don't know of many companies that would give you the repair free if it went over that time. Barry had to wait nearly 30 days to get a laptop back and I could go on and on with a list.

Yes we do race but we also keep our parts serviced and also keep spares. You said you had 8 years on the pump with no issues, has it been sent back every 2 years as recommended? The regulator been rebuilt twice in the same time but was it sent back every 2 years? Try going 8 years and not changing the oil and see what happens.Parts wear and break and some level of maintainence should be performed.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488678
10/06/09 05:43 PM
10/06/09 05:43 PM
charlotte nc
J
jimmysarrow Offline
jimmysarrow  Offline
J

charlotte nc
Read the reply , I said I am not Bashing BG, just stating my side , I have the Regulator AND PAID for the rebuild. I reposted so you could find the dates that i sent the work in . If you dont want to refund , I dont care , you said after 7 days it was free. I didnt even know about your 7 days refund until you posted.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488679
10/06/09 05:53 PM
10/06/09 05:53 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Read the reply , I said I am not Bashing BG, just stating my side , I have the Regulator AND PAID for the rebuild. I reposted so you could find the dates that i sent the work in . If you dont want to refund , I dont care , you said after 7 days it was free. I didnt even know about your 7 days refund until you posted.

And my point is the we did attempt to contact you prior to that 7 days and you would have had it back sooner. I have all kinds of stuff up there now that the people either wont call us back , dont have the money to have it fixed right now but want to at a later dater and even a few sent with no phone number or contact information. Should we give all that away as well because it goes over 7 days?

We have made GREAT improvements in our repair times over the last years or so because we do listen to what the racers have to say but you have to be reasonable at the same time. 2 years ago our repair times averaged 4 to 6 weeks which was totally unacceptable but the person over them at the time was telling Barry we were only 2 weeks behind. I put an end to this and worked with Barry and the departments involved to get the system we have in place now as well as putting Jeff in charge of making sure the repairs were done and customers called.Every step of the process is now documented from the time it hits the door to the time it leaves.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488680
10/06/09 05:58 PM
10/06/09 05:58 PM
charlotte nc
J
jimmysarrow Offline
jimmysarrow  Offline
J

charlotte nc
Sorry BG Tech Guy , I thought I was saying something nice about BG , when I said I had a 280 pump without any problems , everybody was bashing BG , I thought that the was some positive info , and I really didnt think having a regulator rebuild twice in 8 years was that bad . When I win the lottery I will be sure to buy spare everything since that is what you post states , and as the customer i am sorry that i did not read the instructions that i was supposed to send everything back every 2 years . Does the 2 years include the two FUEL pressure gages that broke in less then 1 year ? However to BG credit thay did replace one pressure gage , but was told they would not replace again. Sorry trying to say something nice again.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488681
10/06/09 06:04 PM
10/06/09 06:04 PM
charlotte nc
J
jimmysarrow Offline
jimmysarrow  Offline
J

charlotte nc
You have your documentation and I have mine, not going to air this out anymore , you have my info , when you are feeling better and back to work , and want to discuss this, you can call me , you have my phone number in your records or PM me with your number and I will call you.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488682
10/06/09 06:06 PM
10/06/09 06:06 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
hey TECH, does Barry sell alot of six pack setups that you copied from me?

Last edited by Diego_Ted; 10/07/09 09:34 AM.
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: sixpackgut] #488683
10/06/09 06:23 PM
10/06/09 06:23 PM
nc
E
emarine01 Offline
master
emarine01  Offline
master
E

nc
This could be the start of a new video

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: sixpackgut] #488684
10/06/09 06:26 PM
10/06/09 06:26 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.

nice setup Ray

Last edited by Diego_Ted; 10/07/09 09:34 AM.
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: sixpackgut] #488685
10/06/09 06:28 PM
10/06/09 06:28 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

hey TECH, does Barry sell alot of six pack setups that you copied from me?

Barry is a hack thief and so are you

Don't flatter yourself.

Not even on our radar nor was anything copied from you.

So you put 3- 2bbls on top of a tunnel ram, guess what? you're not the first to do it nor have we ever claimed to be.

You forget to mention the intake pictured is also available with a single carb , dual carbs , 3 of the Demon 98's , 4 of the Demon 98's , 6 of the Demon 98's , our inline Badman and yes the same 3 carburetor set up that we have offered for several years on our other Six-Shooter packages.Why not offer it on an intake the WE designed from scratch that has equal length runners.

We took something that the factory offered in the 60's and made it better with more choices, thats what hot rodding is about. We also have Ford versions of the same and will soon have BBC.

On our Six Shooter package for the Mopar we do not even offer an intake since there are so many versions already in the market yet decided to offer a better carburetor and linkage package for those who wanted it.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: TechAtBG] #488686
10/06/09 06:32 PM
10/06/09 06:32 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
I remember seeing on Hotrod tv or one of those shows bg himself had trouble starting the six pack shooter setup!

Mopar Performance
Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: jimmysarrow] #488687
10/06/09 06:37 PM
10/06/09 06:37 PM
Dahlonega, GA
T
TechAtBG Offline
TechAtBG  Offline
T

Dahlonega, GA
Quote:

Sorry BG Tech Guy , I thought I was saying something nice about BG , when I said I had a 280 pump without any problems , everybody was bashing BG , I thought that the was some positive info , and I really didnt think having a regulator rebuild twice in 8 years was that bad . When I win the lottery I will be sure to buy spare everything since that is what you post states , and as the customer i am sorry that i did not read the instructions that i was supposed to send everything back every 2 years . Does the 2 years include the two FUEL pressure gages that broke in less then 1 year ? However to BG credit thay did replace one pressure gage , but was told they would not replace again. Sorry trying to say something nice again.

I think it is great you got 8 years form a 280 and never had it serviced not to mention 4 years on a 2 port but I'll quote the post I took offense to and it sure does look like bashing to me.

"Good luck on 7 days. Sent mine back in July received almost 3 weeks later , and BG sent it back with signature required so it took another 2 days to get it from UPS "

And I'll leave it at that since we have both said what we felt we had to.

I am curious though on the gauges as we have used the same design and as far as I know the same manufacturer for close to 25 years on them with very few actual failures.Should you have another one fail pm me and I'll pay the shipping in on it as I want to see what is going on with them.

Re: Barry Grants not so great customer service [Re: moparniac] #488688
10/06/09 06:40 PM
10/06/09 06:40 PM
NY usa
540challenger Offline
master
540challenger  Offline
master

NY usa
Quote:

I remember seeing on Hotrod tv or one of those shows bg himself had trouble starting the six pack shooter setup!

i think that was the American hot rod Boyld's show if i remember right. Also i thought they had Barry there b/c it was a new set-up not having problems i could be wrong.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4