09/30/09 08:30 AM
09/30/09 08:30 AM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
Hey dude I am not saying bad about your racing you are good at what you do.yes racing is dangerous but whats the point in making it worse.As far as Im safe don't worry about you I would rather not have a 3000 lb brick wall in my way at a 70 mph difference in case of an accident 30 mph I can live with 70 neither of us can live with.
nothing personal your idea of what is safe and mine just differ.
Congrats on the win,Bruce
Again nothing personal I haven't met to many people at the race track that I haven't became friends with and I hope we can hang out and race again but if I wrecked in to and killed my friend it would take more than one life away.It may sound sappy but your views on safety and life change after you get older and have kids,
Hope we meet again in the lanes the next time I won't have so much in the bank,
Thanks,Bruce
P.S. Sorry about the big boy comment That's just the way my friends and I bust each others a$$ in the pits

Last edited by julian2007; 09/30/09 09:26 AM.
Re: common courtesy [Re: Mr.Yuck] #482684
09/30/09 08:45 AM
09/30/09 08:45 AM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
back in about 1990 or so I had to race a moped that ran I think 27.00 in the quarter in a mad dog race at Muncie IN I was dialed 8.70 he hit the brakes because he thought I was broke (he was at 900 ft before they let me go)I beat him and we both laughed about Me going around him 120 mph faster than him.WE ended up drinking beer together and grilling steaks after the race.We became very good friends over the years.The moral of the story is I COULD OF KILLED MY FRIEND IN 1990 BECAUSE NEITHER ONE OF US NEW ANY BETTER WE WERE BOTH 21 YEAR OLD KIDS.
I forgot to mention that the track manager came down to the lanes and asked us if we wanted to split the money and not race each other because of the safety issue but we both said that's racing and to hell with safety.We could have killed each other over 250.00

Last edited by julian2007; 09/30/09 09:11 AM.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: common courtesy [Re: julian2007] #482685
09/30/09 09:41 AM
09/30/09 09:41 AM
Michigan
S
Super Scamp Offline
mopar
Super Scamp  Offline
mopar
S

Michigan
Another Two cents in the mix:
All this boils down to is:
WE AS RACERS OF THE RACING MOPAR WORLD NEED TO PROTECT OURSELFS FROM GETTING HURT OR HURTING OTHERS IN THE RACING WORLD..
SAFETY SHOULD BE THE (#1) THING WE SHOULD LOOK AT EACH TIME WE RUN OUR CARS!!!. THEN THE BURNOUT / THEN STAGING THE MISSLES FOR A RACE.. HOW EVER YOU FEEL YOU NEED TO STAGE YOUR MISSLE..

WHATS THE FIRST THING YOU DO WHEN GETTING INTO YOUR MISSLE???

I KNOW FOR ME IT'S A SHORT PRAYER, PUT ON THE ARMOR, STRAP IN,ECT....

ALL RACERS OF THE MOPAR WORLD NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND MAKE RACING FOR OUR KIDS MORE SAFER AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE. AS I HAVE A 14 YEAR OLD GETTING READY TO RUN IN 2 YEARS IN THE HIGH SCHOOL NATIONALS. IN A 10 SECOND CAR..

CONGRATES TO ALL THE WINNERS AT ALL THE MOPAR MEETS WE NEED MORE EVENTS TO RACE AT (JUST MOPARS).... HOW WE GET OFF THE DOUBLE BULB SUBJECT!!..? WHAT A GOOD TOPIC (A)

Just One Man's Opinion Mopar Mafia Racing
Re: common courtesy [Re: Verns Daughter] #482686
09/30/09 09:57 AM
09/30/09 09:57 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Welcome to the jungle Jenni

I have no problems with people that go deep as long
as it says so on the car.... I wish they would put
it on both side windows so the other driver can see
it from either lane.... a full stage is his pre stage
and then going deep is his full stage... but when I'm
in the right lane I cant see that he has deep written
on his drivers side window(usually the driver is
blocking the view of it)and I cant see his front
windshield if he pulls out first from the lanes

Re: common courtesy [Re: plasticfantastic] #482687
09/30/09 10:36 AM
09/30/09 10:36 AM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

i have a question that came to mind, all this talk of courtesy and gentlemen and ladies... when youre beaten how many seek out the other person and congratulate them/shake thier hand, how many say good luck to thier opponent in the lanes before you pull out? (even if its someone you dont know). was wondering if i was the only one.

i know i've gone rounds and never seen the person after that, I've been with people whove raced and won and never had thier opponets come around afterwards to say anything.

just curious.

i always talk before and after. our track is populated with good people. sometimes i get tracked down first. a hearty hand shake and good wishes follow. it's the way it ought to be.

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: common courtesy [Re: maximum entropy] #482688
09/30/09 11:02 AM
09/30/09 11:02 AM
Gainesville Fl
M
mphsmitch Offline
mphsmitch  Offline
M

Gainesville Fl
It has never really upset me when it has happened to me. It just shows inexperience kinds like staging with your back tires.

90 Dakota 408 CID R/T heads 727 trans 9.5 converter 8.8 rear Pro 275/60 drag radials [email]11.09 @120mph[/email] N/A
Re: common courtesy [Re: maximum entropy] #482689
09/30/09 11:18 AM
09/30/09 11:18 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

i have a question that came to mind, all this talk of courtesy and gentlemen and ladies... when youre beaten how many seek out the other person and congratulate them/shake thier hand, how many say good luck to thier opponent in the lanes before you pull out? (even if its someone you dont know). was wondering if i was the only one.

i know i've gone rounds and never seen the person after that, I've been with people whove raced and won and never had thier opponets come around afterwards to say anything.

just curious.

i always talk before and after. our track is populated with good people. sometimes i get tracked down first. a hearty hand shake and good wishes follow. it's the way it ought to be.

BGR racers always try and seek out their opponant,win or loose,shake hands and exchange pleasentries and many racers approach us to do the same.That's why dragracers are such great sportsmen and great people in general. Most sports is played with some kinda ball,basketball,football,baseball,tennisball,Only dragracers and bullriders bring their own balls

Re: common courtesy [Re: B G Racing] #482690
09/30/09 11:47 AM
09/30/09 11:47 AM
organ
M
maximum entropy Offline
master
maximum entropy  Offline
master
M

organ
Quote:

Only dragracers and bullriders bring their own balls

for what is the good life if not doing things thoughtfully?
Re: common courtesy [Re: Mr.Yuck] #482691
09/30/09 11:58 AM
09/30/09 11:58 AM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
When I was drag racing in Tn. I would double bulb all the time, I didn't know anything was wrong with it, I was just getting ready and no I didn't get up on the converter till the other guy was prestaged and I ran a good cooling system and altenator so no sweat off my back, some guys just took forever getting up there and I had no idea why and didn't care because it didn't mess with me at all. I thought it was funny how guys running 8-9 second 1/8th mile cars were takeing forever to get up there thinking they are big bad top fuelers but it was what they wanted to do. Then one day some guy came running up to me in the pits cussing and carrying on about how I was cheating by stageing before he was ready yada yada yada... I was like what on earth is he talking about I always waited for the other guy to start his burn out before I started mine, that is basically all the starters asked of us so I though I should go ask the officials in the tower about what I was doing and they said the guy was crazy and there were no rules about it so I just thought it was one nut job getting his pink panties in a wad and kept on winning rounds, and I got a trophy for runner up that night The track was kinda relaxed about the rules though(the guy who got first that night had slicks on his car in a no slicks class we were in) I don't care I am not that sensative, I was there to have fun

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: common courtesy [Re: B G Racing] #482692
09/30/09 06:43 PM
09/30/09 06:43 PM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

just curious.

BGR racers always try and seek out their opponant,win or loose,shake hands and exchange pleasentries and many racers approach us to do the same.That's why dragracers are such great sportsmen and great people in general.

Totally Agree and I do the same every round when time allows....

Rickster

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: rickstershemi] #482693
09/30/09 07:17 PM
09/30/09 07:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Re: common courtesy #482694
09/30/09 09:16 PM
09/30/09 09:16 PM
Byron, NY
W.I.N. Racing Offline
top fuel
W.I.N. Racing  Offline
top fuel

Byron, NY
common courtesy and common sense - aren't so common any more.

'01 P1500, Blown/Inj BAE,/Veney ,Bruno/CS2,Dana 60
'01 Dodge 3500 S Cummins Auto, Fresh air kit, 4" Exhaust,
'05 Dodge Magnum R/T - Too Much to list
'60 Willys CJ5
'01 International LPX - Project,DT466, Allison
'64 Plymouth Valiant, Inj 528 Hemi, 2spd
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7