Michigan
S
Super Scamp Offline
mopar
Super Scamp  Offline
mopar
S

Michigan
I have to agree with my racer freind Mopar Mafia Racing member.. Double bulbing are for the week rookie racer that does not know how to stage or run his/her car. Thinking if I stage first I will get their 1st... WRONG They will go RED waiting until I get their to do whats right Pre-Stage / Stage then .005 his but all day long. Double bulbing stagers are those racers that either had a mistake at the light or just playing games.. You have to keep your game face on until the light comes on at the end of the track. Most of us that are in the Quick races never see a driver double bulb unless it was a mistake as I said.. It's in the super pro /Pro classes is where you get the staging bandits.. Like this past weekend at Norwalk when then let a 14 second car in the super pro bracket because he had a (box) racing agaist 9 second cars.. Give the green street tire car credit he did drive the car but he was a staging a...h..to the other drivers.
Well to all just stage the car with common curtesy!!!!.

Mopar Mafia Racing...

Just One Man's Opinion Mopar Mafia Racing
Re: common courtesy [Re: Super Scamp] #482624
09/29/09 07:52 AM
09/29/09 07:52 AM
Sth.IL
dare_dude Offline
mopar
dare_dude  Offline
mopar

Sth.IL
When I frst got back into racing after 30 years. I would get in a hurry and do it not wanting to be a pain but just more nervous I guess. But later on I had a guy run up double bulb I pull up and started to stage and got a red. I realized I had been taking my time that night. Lesson learned. Just go up run your race!!!!!!!

Re: common courtesy [Re: dare_dude] #482625
09/29/09 08:26 AM
09/29/09 08:26 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
NHRA use to follow the 15 second rule.Once both prestage top bulbs are lit and one car set the second stage bulb the other car had 15 seconds to set his second stage bulb.With autostart the tree would activate after 15 seconds.Usually a flashing blue light on the tree ment autostart was in use.Recently at some AHRA tracks cars that double bulb would be backed out by the starter during eliminations.Least we forget a couple of huge brewhahas last year when a certain prostock driver did it twice at two different national events.Many tracks have their own set of rules,but I think courtesy and professionalism should be the standard.

Last edited by B G Racing; 09/29/09 02:38 PM.
Re: common courtesy [Re: B G Racing] #482626
09/29/09 09:09 AM
09/29/09 09:09 AM
Michigan, US
B
ben1692 Offline OP
ben1692  Offline OP
B

Michigan, US
bob george could not have said it better

Re: common courtesy [Re: Hemi_Joel] #482627
09/29/09 09:20 AM
09/29/09 09:20 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

OK, I know how to courtesy stage, and I always do, but what is the big deal about it? I guess I haven't really thought it through enuff; if somebody double bulbs, how does that hurt his opponent? When it happens to me, I just take my normal time, go up and pre-stage, stage, then race.

What I don't like is getting burned down by some one who is pre-staged, but then won't stage promptly once I'm in. But that's part of the game, gotta stay focused on the tree and ignore the other racer.

My routine stay's the same. Don't care what the other driver does. I do courtesy stage though - If I go in first.

Fastest 300
Re: common courtesy [Re: Crizila] #482628
09/29/09 09:41 AM
09/29/09 09:41 AM
Hobart,Indiana
MoparPitBull Offline
Hollywood
MoparPitBull  Offline
Hollywood

Hobart,Indiana
some of you guys worry too much about what the other guy is doing.its a competition people are going to do whatever they feel gives them an edge or to get in the other guys head. personally i dont give a darn what the other driver is doing,cut a lite, run your number, go to next round.focus on your race not his.

Re: common courtesy [Re: MoparPitBull] #482629
09/29/09 09:52 AM
09/29/09 09:52 AM
Riverside, California
L
Lil Demon Offline
master
Lil Demon  Offline
master
L

Riverside, California
It's a courtesy and I try to follow it at all times. I have had it happen to me, usually accidental, and I have had it done to me intentionally. No big deal. If I'm not in at all and the guy double bulbs - I'll sit for a bit.

Usually, I"m too busy trying to flicker the bottom bulb with my thumb on the transbrake. I do race on a .400 Pro Tree - so - have to be quick about it.

I will say that I have double bulbed folks a few times - purely unintentional - and if I can find them in the pits - I will go up and apologize.

The only that ever REALLY pissed me off was at the March Meet - I had overheard the guy in the lanes saying he was going to double bulb me and he was injected on alcohol so no way could I wait him out. So - I did my burnout and pulled straight in - didn't clear it out or anything - just pulled in and we ended up lighting all 4 bulbs almost simultaneously. He wasn't ready for that. I tree'd him BAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Re: common courtesy [Re: Lil Demon] #482630
09/29/09 10:33 AM
09/29/09 10:33 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I agree double bulbing intentionally is NOT cool.

When I read that there was a 14 second car in Super Pro at a recent race I wondered why that was allowed. I think the rulebook is pretty clear that Super Pro has an 11.99 cut off. Heck Pro is 13.99, I think I would be more concenred the track allowed that rules infraction than anything else.

I have been double bulbed many times while bracket racing. It has happened a good deal this year, guess it goes with a faster car, maybe they feel there is an advantage to doing it? I guess from playing college sports I learned to not get caught in routines, you have to be able to react and adapt to different situations. not everything works like it does in practice. So when it happens to me I will generally just slow way down. I will happily let them wait there, I have even had the starter get mad at me three different times this year and wave me in while I wait. When that happens I will slowly start to move forward. I only do it becuase I feel courtesy staging means something and should be followed. So if I get double bulbed I feel that courtesy is out the window and figure two can play that game. It does not throw me off if you do it, but be prepard to sit there as long as they will allow me to or til my heap gets hot, which takes a LONG time.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: common courtesy [Re: Al_Alguire] #482631
09/29/09 10:34 AM
09/29/09 10:34 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Fred, I think the rulebook is pretty clear about that as well. If both cars leave before the tree is activated then both are disqulaified, UNLESS it is a final round. Then they have a re-run unless it is clearly established who left first, in other words you are gonna re-run the round.

Re: common courtesy [Re: Al_Alguire] #482632
09/29/09 10:42 AM
09/29/09 10:42 AM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
Quote:

I agree double bulbing intentionally is NOT cool.

When I read that there was a 14 second car in Super Pro at a recent race I wondered why that was allowed.

Its was a BOX race and no/Box race. not super pro... He was in Box

Re: common courtesy [Re: VernMotor] #482633
09/29/09 10:48 AM
09/29/09 10:48 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Be nice if there were some continuity on the rules and classes around the country, at least at NHRA tracks. Out here if you have a box it is Super Pro. We dont have box/no box, we use the classes in the NHRA rulebook thus we have Super Pro, Pro, Sportsman, and M/C and High School. just like the classes that will compete in Pomona for a "world champ" at the finals. How safe can it be to have a 14 second car running against a car that can go 185+...not something I would want to see much for sure.

Re: common courtesy [Re: ben1692] #482634
09/29/09 10:50 AM
09/29/09 10:50 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

to all the people who double bulb there fellow racer you should kick yourself and go home immediatly. its not nice and you should sit there forever. dont be that guy. and you all know who you are

Also all you "take your time" timers get in the 2nd beam sometime this year.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: common courtesy [Re: Mr.Yuck] #482635
09/29/09 12:08 PM
09/29/09 12:08 PM
Las Vegas
A
afxcoronet Offline
super stock
afxcoronet  Offline
super stock
A

Las Vegas
Quote:

Quote:

to all the people who double bulb there fellow racer you should kick yourself and go home immediatly. its not nice and you should sit there forever. dont be that guy. and you all know who you are

Also all you "take your time" timers get in the 2nd beam sometime this year.

No need to rush...

Re: common courtesy [Re: Mr.Yuck] #482636
09/29/09 12:12 PM
09/29/09 12:12 PM
Michigan, US
B
ben1692 Offline OP
ben1692  Offline OP
B

Michigan, US
whos worst double bulbers or take your timers?

Re: common courtesy [Re: Hemi_Joel] #482637
09/29/09 12:13 PM
09/29/09 12:13 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

OK, I know how to courtesy stage, and I always do, but what is the big deal about it? I guess I haven't really thought it through enuff; if somebody double bulbs, how does that hurt his opponent? When it happens to me, I just take my normal time, go up and pre-stage, stage, then race.

What I don't like is getting burned down by some one who is pre-staged, but then won't stage promptly once I'm in. But that's part of the game, gotta stay focused on the tree and ignore the other racer.

I never even think about it. When I drive a race car, I am a robot. My crew leaves me alone and my mind is on my side of the tree 150%. I try not to even think about it when it happens and do my own thing the same everytime.

Re: common courtesy [Re: ben1692] #482638
09/29/09 12:24 PM
09/29/09 12:24 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

time takers, especially the ones that think it's going to phase me/people. Seems like most of them run one of those "killer" 13 second cameros.

I don't double bulb, but again, I'm going to run my race what you do isn't going to phase me. I have been know to roll it in deep as you are braking the 2nd beam if you take to long. That seems to throw some people off enough for them to go red.

Coming soon!!!!
Re: common courtesy [Re: ben1692] #482639
09/29/09 12:29 PM
09/29/09 12:29 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Quote:

Take your timers are worse.

When they are farting around waiting for there motor to "get hot" they are not only holding up the guy on the other side but every single other person at the track! Do your burn out and get up there and ready to go for petes sake! Any of the "auto timers" or whatever still give you plenty of time to get there before they are going to DQ your slow butt so do your burnout and get up there. Nothing like being a spectator and waiting for some stupid mind games to go on that the other guy could care less about

I know not how bad it gets some guys pink panties in a wad so I generally don't do it unless the other guy is just screwing around any how then I go on and turn both of em on

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: common courtesy [Re: Mr.Yuck] #482640
09/29/09 12:34 PM
09/29/09 12:34 PM
Houston, Texas
TheOtherDodge Offline
master
TheOtherDodge  Offline
master

Houston, Texas
The intent on dubble bulbing is to make the other person get out of his "normal" routine. And those that do the "burn down" or anything different because of the opponent dubble bulbing is doing exactly what they wanted you to do!

There is also no difference if he prestages first and as soon as you prestage, he final stages immediately.

You have plenty of time to do whatever while he is final staged and you are getting ready to prestage.

All this is my opinion of course. And with that said, I always courtesy stage!

Re: common courtesy [Re: ben1692] #482641
09/29/09 12:37 PM
09/29/09 12:37 PM
Las Vegas
A
afxcoronet Offline
super stock
afxcoronet  Offline
super stock
A

Las Vegas
Quote:

Don't bother me any, I can sit there all day either way.
what about when you are running someone that prestages, brings it up on convertor and bumps it in, are you going to rush right in? I know what I do. I like to take my time, I don't get carried away though; prestage, take a few breaths, pick my spot on the other car, once over the guages, shifter and fuel shut-off, and bump it in.

Taking over the World one win light at a time.
Re: common courtesy [Re: HotRodDave] #482642
09/29/09 12:42 PM
09/29/09 12:42 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Mr.Yuck  Offline

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

Quote:

Take your timers are worse.

When they are farting around waiting for there motor to "get hot" they are not only holding up the guy on the other side but every single other person at the track! Do your burn out and get up there and ready to go for petes sake! Any of the "auto timers" or whatever still give you plenty of time to get there before they are going to DQ your slow butt so do your burnout and get up there. Nothing like being a spectator and waiting for some stupid mind games to go on that the other guy could care less about

I know not how bad it gets some guys pink panties in a wad so I generally don't do it unless the other guy is just screwing around any how then I go on and turn both of em on

I have been in 2 races where the starter dropped the lights after waving the guy foreward. Whoops not staged you lose.

Coming soon!!!!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7