North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Pretty easy for some to get on the computer and tell us just exactly what they would do and project their high moral values, but the fact is, unless YOU own a multi-million dollar race TEAM and have big dollar sponsors to answer to, YOU have no idea what you would do, placed in the same situation. Most would like to think they would take the proper course, but I am betting the vast majority would do exactly what team Force did...and that is "whatever it takes" to get those cars a chance at the title. Also, it was mentioned that Hight's championship would be "tainted" should he get hot and win it...in who's eyes. This, like every other time it has happened, will be forgotten in short order.

Monte

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Monte_Smith] #462103
09/08/09 12:58 AM
09/08/09 12:58 AM
Topeka Kansas
K
ksj Offline
master
ksj  Offline
master
K

Topeka Kansas
Is what happened any different than a sacrifice fly? NO

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: ksj] #462104
09/08/09 01:14 AM
09/08/09 01:14 AM
Arkansas
JoWeTu_6 Offline
enthusiast
JoWeTu_6  Offline
enthusiast

Arkansas
That's normal team-mates help each other(F1,Nascar,Indy) Dont forget Antron Brown and his motor cycle days how many times did he lose to his team mate with what seemed like the beter bike?
That's the way it is.

JoWeTu_6

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: JoWeTu_6] #462105
09/08/09 06:19 AM
09/08/09 06:19 AM
SE Nunya
Bubba Offline
master
Bubba  Offline
master

SE Nunya
Cruz & Tony would have done the same thing. Pure jealousy.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Bubba] #462106
09/08/09 07:31 AM
09/08/09 07:31 AM
Chicago, Illinois
donscuda Offline
top fuel
donscuda  Offline
top fuel

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

and as far as John exploding, I'm sure if anyone called me a cripple, they would get the same result (probably worse)...

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: donscuda] #462107
09/08/09 07:55 AM
09/08/09 07:55 AM
Newark, OH
Hunted Duck Offline
super stock
Hunted Duck  Offline
super stock

Newark, OH
I don't think Tony should of called Force a cripple. That was wrong!! Didn't Force just let Robert Hight about a month ago use some of Force's test session's?? Wasn't Robert out of his test session's?? Did anyone else get to do this when they were out of there session's??? Wonder if that added any fuel to the fire???

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Al_Alguire] #462108
09/08/09 08:12 AM
09/08/09 08:12 AM
Rowlett, TX
74DusterP457 Offline
mopar addict
74DusterP457  Offline
mopar addict

Rowlett, TX
Al!!!
Its not The Chase!
Its the "Play-Offs"
Paul (The Nitwit) Page kept calling it that all afternoon. I was ready to cut my wrists.
I think yesterday might have been the last NHRA "Professional" race I watch

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: WILD BILL] #462109
09/08/09 08:19 AM
09/08/09 08:19 AM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet

Brookeville, Md
Quote:

So Tony is cuz John threw the race (or had anal cranial inversion and couldn't drive) when all he had to do was drive better himself and not be worried about being on the bump.

Whatever

Would he still be had Force went .050 and then went up in smoke?

This is the kind of crap that happens when you have multiple cars on a team.

And people wonder why I never watch NHRA anymore.

wahhhh Don't put yourself on the bubble and you don't have to worry about it. I still like NHRA...alothugh I'd like to see more coverage of the "lower" classes.

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/pui5j.jpg[/IMG]
Coming soon!!!!
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: donscuda] #462110
09/08/09 08:23 AM
09/08/09 08:23 AM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Quote:

Quote:

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

and as far as John exploding, I'm sure if anyone called me a cripple, they would get the same result (probably worse)...

IF everyone remembers 2007, the last two or three races Cruz took multiple "dives" for his half wit brother. They are no better in my opinion.
The fact is that professional racing has become generic, and slowely making it harder to have a favorite because you cant really get attached to a particular car, its just a driver. (NASCAR) NHRA should look at going back to the old days and naming the cars, Im to young to know WHO drove the Chi-Town Hustler, or The Blue Max, or The Mongoose, but I will never forget the cars!!!

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Steve1118] #462111
09/08/09 08:34 AM
09/08/09 08:34 AM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Force did nothing wrong .... IMO Cruz is just jealous of John Force and the power and control he has owning 4 cars They need to steroid test racers now

Mopar Performance
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: 79_W200] #462112
09/08/09 08:38 AM
09/08/09 08:38 AM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

sad that an argument on national TV is the excitment of U.S. Nationals

Maybe they are trying to compete with "Pinks all out". When it becomes more about the people and less about the cars and racing, it becomes a friggin soap opera. Real racers don't wanna watch the crap - and they never should have aired it. It is sad that the sport is changing in that way. I don't get it. I guess I'm just old - - - -.

Fastest 300
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Crizila] #462113
09/08/09 08:41 AM
09/08/09 08:41 AM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Its just the nature of things when one guy owns 25% of the field. Maybe force should try and put 16 funny cars together next year and they can all be winners.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: HemiDart68] #462114
09/08/09 08:56 AM
09/08/09 08:56 AM
Michigan
H
Hemiroid Offline
super stock
Hemiroid  Offline
super stock
H

Michigan
Quote:

Its just the nature of things when one guy owns 25% of the field. Maybe force should try and put 16 funny cars together next year and they can all be winners.

100% This is the part that people don't seem to grasp. They shouldn't be teams of "teams" in professional drag racing period. One car and it's crew is a team! It would be like Rupert Murdock buying and owning 4 baseball teams and manipulating the system by having one team taking a dive vs. another to advance it into the playoffs.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Quicktree] #462115
09/08/09 09:10 AM
09/08/09 09:10 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

And the NHRA just turns its back again.......Very obvious Force took a dive!

theres nothing obvious, the last 2 fuelers got out of the grove and smoked the tires before him. the tune up was the same as before they checked. so it's speculation.

Does it really matter, Tony?
If he threw the race he threw the race. Nobody in their right mind would have beat a team car under those circumstances. This is entertainment. These guys are funded by sponsors who want to see their names in the final round. The other racers can cry all they want but every damned one of them would have done the same thing. The Pedregon's had control of their own destiny but blew it.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: 74DusterP457] #462116
09/08/09 09:14 AM
09/08/09 09:14 AM
Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
D
DakFink Offline
mopar
DakFink  Offline
mopar
D

Texas Afghanistan Iraq etc.
I would much rather watch Pinks, IHRA, ORSCA or any other drag racing for that matter. NHRA has sold itself to the Highest Bidder.

I don't get that deep into it anymore. But when people like Angelle Savoy (proven winner), and Eric Enders (damn good rookie) can't get a decent ride. YOU know it's all about the $$$$ and the Image.

I was extremely impressed with Erica her first year in Pro-Stock she was keeping up with the Big Boys pretty well. Next year she can't even get a reliable sponsor. I smell something, it smells like BS.

TEAMs??? A team in racing should be a Car, A driver, a CrewChief, and the crew to support that 1 car. Nothing else!!

If an Owner wants to have multiple cars under his roof: He should not be allowed to have any of the same sponsors for any of the cars. Each car and team should stand out on it's own as an individual.

That is what I have always liked about drag racing. Me as an individual could go out and participate in the sport. It was all on ME to win or loose. I could do it as a Multi-Member team or an individual my choice. There are guys running in other factions of Drag-Racing that run 6 sec passes and the only crew they have is their, Buddy or 2, or a Brother/Sister, or a Cousin or Wife or someone that works at their shop. Maybe 2-3 people as a complete team. They run strong and competitive and I have more respect for them cause they still are what NHRA used to be.

I have literally seen guys help each other and lend each other Motors and transmissions just so they can get to the line and run, KNOWING that they would have to run that person again before the finals and might even loose. They could have easily said NO and had an easy win. But that's not the way the drag racers I've been around are.

As far as I am concerned anything to do with NHRA Pro-Stock, Funny-Car or Top-Fuel is all about the $$$$!!

I just wish Speed-Vision would cover more of the Other Drag Race organizations a bit better.

Just my

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: prochargedhemi] #462117
09/08/09 09:16 AM
09/08/09 09:16 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Cruz pedregon is a [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] just like his brother. Tony even said it, there just the little guys. If anyone of you could put yourself in JF's shoes and not do the same thing your a downright f*&Kin lier. With the way everything is in the world today i know i would do everything in my power to make sure all my team is taken care of to be able to move forward. Tony had the chance aswell and screwed his brother outta gettin in the chase. TOO BAD

EXACTLY. I'm thinking that a lot of "racers" here aren't spending much money on their game. This is a business not a sport. Business decisions are made with other things in mind than who's to the finish line first. The bracket racers with a few thousand dollar yearly budget or the pseudo racer couch potato with the holier than thou attitude needs to walk a mile in different shoes before coming to these sanctimonious conclusions.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: Hunted Duck] #462118
09/08/09 09:19 AM
09/08/09 09:19 AM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
Listen to your selves talk,he could of set the clutch to tight and blew off the tires,he could have red lit,he could have done so many more things different to not make it look so obvious.Is it not Obvious that a 11 time champ is smarter than that?He did nothing more than lose a race its not like he has been his usual kick a$$ self as of late anyway.The bottom line is Ashley Force won all anyone had to do to beat her was be better than her.As far as all you guys saying your done watching NHRA I say good, more room in the stands for good true fans rather than a bunch of cry babies who have nothing better to do than [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] and ball about everything under the sun.You should be ashamed of your selves with all the bad things going on in the world people loosing there jobs,people loosing there lives to cancer,war,crime,hunger and God knows what else and instead of using your energy to help out a little you use it to pi$$ and moan about how life sucks and we are all getting the shaft. bo ho if it ain't John force taking a dive it's we lost are precious time run on Sunday and The big bad business man is having buy backs.How dare he try to make a prophet.This site use to be for good people to help each other with there race car problems now all it is is a balling contest.Get off your dead a$$ and live life rather than bit*h about everyone else who does.

Last edited by julian2007; 09/08/09 04:04 PM.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: DakFink] #462119
09/08/09 09:49 AM
09/08/09 09:49 AM
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
As a hard-core dragracer who loves NHRA National and Divisional drag racing and chasing the points, this was completely embarrassing to me. Everyone knew what was going on, and for the Pedregons, who have benefitted from the CountDown more than anyone in the past several years, to start crying into the camera immediately was absolutely painfull to watch.

To replay the top-end argument over and over, and hunting down the parties for multiple interviews, while ingoring the stories taking place in TF, and Pro-Stock was completely unprofessional by the ESPN staff IMO. Greg Stanfield went to the Finals of the US Nationals in Pro-Stock and never got a televised topend interview on a five hour show...How does that happen..sad,sad,sad.

Did anyone notice Jason Line's single interview? After a win he was listless, and seemed really down, then no follow-up?

Let me say this, in Sporstman Drag racing there are tons of "Teams", whether it's families racing in the same class, or best friends who travel together. When the points get tight at the end of the season and one of your "Teammates" has a shot at a National or Divisional Championship do you really think there are no dives?? It's very common, it's not asked for, it's a choice the losing driver makes to help out. It's not talked about afterwards, but it's so tough to get in a position to win one of these things, that in the last few races of the season it happens. That has been going on long before there were multiple teams in the Pro Classes.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: MoparBilly] #462120
09/08/09 09:55 AM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
good point billy, divisional racers and "blockers", I dont see anything different.

Re: Tony Pedregon says it like it is........... [Re: BobR] #462121
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

sanctimonious conclusions.

Jeez, Bob
This is a Mopar racing site, not sure those big So-Cal lawyer type words are allowed!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11