07/16/09 09:29 AM
Oak Grove, MN
lowflyingdart Offline OP
mopar
lowflyingdart  Offline OP
mopar

Oak Grove, MN
Quote:

Has Mopar said they are going to complete the run? Hope so, I'm starting on a 5.7 for SSGT.

Mopar told me that they were going to finish the run. They said that they would be building more bodies in August and Roush will be completing the first 30 by September. I'm hoping to be going to Detriot in late Sept.

Re: Is this car a FAKE? [Re: donscuda] #371735
07/16/09 10:34 AM
07/16/09 10:34 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Online content
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Online Content
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
I understand your point completely and mostly agree with what you're saying.

Thanks to a friendly racer who passed along the info, the people managing the program at Mopar found out about the ebay car several days ago, so you don't have to worry about telling anybody...it's already been done.

Re: Is this car a FAKE? [Re: ZIPPY] #371736
07/16/09 11:51 AM
07/16/09 11:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's bound to happen with a few of them.

Plans tend to change, real life gets in the way etc.

How many of the original Dart/Barracuda's that were built in '68 soley for drag racing and come to find out years later didn't get used for that purpose?!

Re: Is this car a FAKE? #371737
07/18/09 10:32 AM
07/18/09 10:32 AM
Chicago, Illinois
donscuda Offline
top fuel
donscuda  Offline
top fuel

Chicago, Illinois
Quote:

It's bound to happen with a few of them.

Plans tend to change, real life gets in the way etc.

How many of the original Dart/Barracuda's that were built in '68 soley for drag racing and come to find out years later didn't get used for that purpose?!

But I'm pretty sure that the people who were buying them weren't putting them up on blocks to sell later on as collector items, or selling them before they raced them. If something came up and they had to get out of racing, they either sold it to another racer or returned it back to the factory so another racer could continue the factory's racing. Back then the racers had NO idea of the increase in value their cars would eventually have. They bought and signed the contract to race the cars as the contract stated. If the racers knew how much more the cars were going to be worth I'm pretty sure my friend Jack would have kept his '67 Hemi Coronet, his '68 Hemi Dart, and his '69 and '70 AMX.....
Now a day, I think they have an idea that these cars will probably increase in value, and thats the problem I have, these cars were made to race, and to help bring back some interest to both the American auto industry, and drag racing. If people, here especially, don't see that the greed will eventually hurt our hobby, I should just sell my Cuda now and look into something else.

Re: Is this car a FAKE? [Re: donscuda] #371738
07/20/09 05:19 PM
07/20/09 05:19 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Online content
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Online Content
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Today I heard where the car went and the story of who steered the new owner towards it.

The word on the street is the car will end up on the drag strip and that's really all that matters.

Who knows what was actually paid, but by outward appearances it doesn't appear anyone made a killing on it....in fact the buy it now price is only $1 above suggested retail.

Page 2 of 2 1 2