Thanks for the comments. The cam got sent out this morning. Maybe Bullet can find something when they start looking at it.

Only two of the lobes were still good. The rest had varying degrees of abnormal wear. My springs were intalled at a height of 2.005. Coil bind is listed at 1.160 for these springs (Comp Cams 929-16) which gives me a clearance of .178 with my .667 lift cam, correct?

I agree that the oil and lubricants I used should have been sufficient but everything mechanical seems to be checking out. I broke the engine in on Thanksgiving morning 2007. I don't remember the temperature that day but maybe the oil was a little thick. I was reading on the Joe Gibbs website where it recommends to preheat the oil prior to breaking in an engine.

Honestly, this is the first time I have ran a cam this large and I have a feeling that I am about to learn a few things as this progresses.

I don't if I am going to put this cam back in right now or not. The reason I had the intake off in the first place was that it was not sealing well due to the heavy milling that both the heads and intake have received over the years. I put a set of new heads and another tunnel ram on it two days ago and ordered another set of pushrods for my Sig Erson cam. Who knows, If I can get this intake surface fixed up in a timely manner, I may still put my original package back together.

Stan