10/16/24 09:57 AM
10/16/24 09:57 AM
Houston, Texas
racerx20 Offline
Standard but OK
racerx20  Offline
Standard but OK

Houston, Texas

1988 Shelby CSX-T #614 out of 1000 produced by Shelby. Shelby resurrected his rent-a-racer model with this car and Thrifty Rent a Car. I have had the pleasure of owning this car since 2019 as the third owner since it's rental days and it was well cared for by two turbo dodge enthusiasts before me.

IMO this CSX-T is one of the finest examples out there with approximately 104K original well loved and cared for miles. The car's paint, wheels etc are all well above driver quality. I have documentation including fuel fill up logs dating back to 1988, There is a file folder several inches thick of documentation and receipts. I even have the original receipt from 1988 for when the sunroof was installed.

Since I've owned it the whole underside of the car has been restored including all suspension and lowering springs, fuel system (new tank and Walbro pump) and exhaust. The car was converted to 1988 TII including the wiring, computer and pneumatics from the TII, but still has the factory Mitsubishi turbo. Running a manual boost controller set to approx. 14 psi.

I converted the car to a A-555 with a Spec stage 3 clutch and had the OEM steering rack professionally rebuilt and added a new PS pump, I restored the K-frame and rebuilt the rest of the front end/rear end. A Super-60 intercooler was also added. Car has functioning factory cruise control and I just redid the AC including a new compressor and blower motor. Previous owner installed a Turbos Unleashed 2 core aluminum radiator.

New Pioneer CD, Bluetooth head unit with hands free calling. A small amp under the driver’s seat and a 8” sub in a small enclosure in the hatch are the only deviations from stock inside the interior.

I have all parts to put the car back to 100% as built (factory radiator, intercooler, air box, infinity stereo with 6-disc changer, OEM struts and springs, OEM A520 etc.

I have all the original marketing brochure's from when Thrifty was offering these cars for sale as well. I even have a Car Mask CSX logo bra that goes with the car, it's only been used twice.

$14,000 car is located in the Houston, TX area.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by racerx20; 10/16/24 09:57 AM.

1972 Road Runner

1988 Shelby CSX-T