Dart 500 Online content
pro stock
Dart 500  Online Content
pro stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Originally Posted by GMP440
Originally Posted by Dart 500
Nobody quotes over email, you wouldn't either. The customer just sends your email to all the other dealers and asks them to beat it, even if one beats it by $25 they'll buy from that guy, even if you gave him a 3 hour tour of the dealership, bought him lunch and an afternoon test drive.

You're wrong about that. Dealerships do give email quotes. Just received one two days ago. This is the new way to car shop.

I assure you it is not. Ive been working in automotive business (from the factory, to the head office to the dealer group) for 30 years and its my day job. Remember back in 08/09 when all those GM dealerships got the pink slip and had to close? Those were dealers too close to another GM dealer because after getting a price in writing they were just driving over and asking them to beat it, and they would and often all the profits would be lost. I had a guy that was selling 40 cars a month at a Nissan store (he was making around $20,000 per month). I asked him how he dealt with the online guys, he simply said to them they are a vert busy high volume dealer and his sales manager will not accept floozie online offers (most ARE BS) and if you truly want the best deal, you have to come in. The serious buyer would come in. Also, this being post 2009, my other top GM salesman would sell 30 cars a month and he made $30,000 a month - so what they did at GM worked. Nissan guy sold 10 more cars and made 10K less because there was (still is) a Nissan dealer a mile away in each direction

That said, car sales are in the toilet right now after all the shenanigans over the last 4 years and they need to sell sell sell so things might be loose at the moment, and should be, I myself have never paid MSRP but I seek out volume stores that get paid by Chrysler on that volume. last I heard they would get $250,000 bonus checks each quarter for hitting sales target, at that rate they can give crazy discounts and I believe we are headed back there, just dont expect to get that bottom price over email - I mean BOTTOM price. You have to show up and be sharp to get that.

Last edited by Dart 500; 06/22/24 01:10 AM.
Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: Dart 500] #3239880
06/22/24 07:50 AM
06/22/24 07:50 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
Nobody quotes over email, you wouldn't either. The customer just sends your email to all the other dealers and asks them to beat it, even if one beats it by $25 they'll buy from that guy, even if you gave him a 3 hour tour of the dealership, bought him lunch and an afternoon test drive.

You're wrong about that. Dealerships do give email quotes. Just received one two days ago. This is the new way to car shop.

I assure you it is not. Ive been working in automotive business (from the factory, to the head office to the dealer group) for 30 years and its my day job. Remember back in 08/09 when all those GM dealerships got the pink slip and had to close? Those were dealers too close to another GM dealer because after getting a price in writing they were just driving over and asking them to beat it, and they would and often all the profits would be lost. I had a guy that was selling 40 cars a month at a Nissan store (he was making around $20,000 per month). I asked him how he dealt with the online guys, he simply said to them they are a vert busy high volume dealer and his sales manager will not accept floozie online offers (most ARE BS) and if you truly want the best deal, you have to come in. The serious buyer would come in. Also, this being post 2009, my other top GM salesman would sell 30 cars a month and he made $30,000 a month - so what they did at GM worked. Nissan guy sold 10 more cars and made 10K less because there was (still is) a Nissan dealer a mile away in each direction

That said, car sales are in the toilet right now after all the shenanigans over the last 4 years and they need to sell sell sell so things might be loose at the moment, and should be, I myself have never paid MSRP but I seek out volume stores that get paid by Chrysler on that volume. last I heard they would get $250,000 bonus checks each quarter for hitting sales target, at that rate they can give crazy discounts and I believe we are headed back there, just dont expect to get that bottom price over email - I mean BOTTOM price. You have to show up and be sharp to get that.

Your "assurance" is your opinion. Plenty of cars get sold via online and phone. Yes, in an ideal world, everyone would go to the dealership. But, with car (and in particular higher end cars like Hellcats) allocations and location play a huge roll in who actually has cars. So, it IS common practice today to make deals by not coming into the dealership.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: oldjonny] #3239895
06/22/24 11:12 AM
06/22/24 11:12 AM
Florida
G
GMP440 Offline OP
top fuel
GMP440  Offline OP
top fuel
G

Florida
Originally Posted by oldjonny

Your "assurance" is your opinion. Plenty of cars get sold via online and phone. Yes, in an ideal world, everyone would go to the dealership. But, with car (and in particular higher end cars like Hellcats) allocations and location play a huge roll in who actually has cars. So, it IS common practice today to make deals by not coming into the dealership.

Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: Dart 500] #3239896
06/22/24 11:25 AM
06/22/24 11:25 AM
Florida
G
GMP440 Offline OP
top fuel
GMP440  Offline OP
top fuel
G

Florida

I appreciate your committment to the auto sales industry. But, when was the last time your staff sold a car because of an email quote from a potential customer? Plenty of car deals are done by phone or email with the success of a sale. What sales manager would not want to do a deal with a customer through email or phone who lives in a different county or part of the state or country to sell a car? To be able to take a sale away from another market area and bring it to yours is huge.

Last edited by GMP440; 06/22/24 11:26 AM.
Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: GMP440] #3240244
06/24/24 09:06 AM
06/24/24 09:06 AM
here.
Remy-Z Offline
master
Remy-Z  Offline
master

here.
Good to see that dealership BS still exists. Still hold a grudge against Tacoma Dodge for the flame they pulled with me over a Challenger.

Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: GMP440] #3240265
06/24/24 10:15 AM
06/24/24 10:15 AM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
Can anyone provide an example of a legit discount on a car that actually exists for sale?

Haven't heard of anything. I have heard of dealerships pulling the same BS that they always have, though.

Buddy ordered a challenger, dealership liked the car so much the decided to keep it for their own stock and screwed him out of it.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: ZIPPY] #3240269
06/24/24 10:41 AM
06/24/24 10:41 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Can anyone provide an example of a legit discount on a car that actually exists for sale?

Haven't heard of anything. I have heard of dealerships pulling the same BS that they always have, though.

Buddy ordered a challenger, dealership liked the car so much the decided to keep it for their own stock and screwed him out of it.

It is really hit or miss and you have to do the traditional 'dance' with the dealer. I went round and round with them on the TorRed M6 Hellcat I bought. First it was they had already installed the multi thousand dollar theft system, the tinted windows, the interior and paint protection, wheel locks, etc. Took about a week of going back and forth to get them to where I was OK with it. When I received the car, it had none of the garbage on it and just a set of garbage wheel locks which I immediately tossed and replaced with a full set of lugnuts. I was $8K under sticker at the time (January). I think you could do considerably better now. Was dealing with a couple of dealers last week on 1320 Scat Packs and they were a legit $8K under sticker to start. I did not pursue any further, but I am sure I could have done better on them.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: 2023 R/T Charger and Challenger discounts. [Re: oldjonny] #3240350
06/24/24 05:25 PM
06/24/24 05:25 PM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
A Youtuber was talking about excess dealer inventories the other day and I guess Ram was one of the leaders. Don't recall #'s but it was crazy!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2