Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What aftermarket BB water pump housing ? So many choices [Re: Stanton] #3218619
03/06/24 03:31 PM
03/06/24 03:31 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Originally Posted by Stanton
I've had 440Source ones. Many gave them a bad rap claiming the water passages were to small causing overheating. Yeah, they were a little small ... so I used a die grinder and opened them up. At the time you couldn't beat the price and some people are just "CHEAP CHINESE JUNK haters" and will complain about anything. I've see other brands - Mancini have most of them on display at shows they attend. Personally I still like the Mopar one best of all.

fixed it for you

running up my post count some more .
Re: What aftermarket BB water pump housing ? So many choices [Re: JohnRR] #3218628
03/06/24 03:50 PM
03/06/24 03:50 PM
S.E. Michigan
ZIPPY Offline
I Live Here
ZIPPY  Offline
I Live Here

S.E. Michigan
The MP housing was a little overpriced and maybe not perfect, but was cast and machined in California,
and was a made in USA product. Didn't matter how many times I'd explain that: Most people don't care and just want all the cheapest stuff they can possibly find. I usually grab them when they come along at a reasonable price, but if they weren't affordable/available I'd run factory iron without a second thought.

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri

Re: What aftermarket BB water pump housing ? So many choices [Re: Cab_Burge] #3218747
03/06/24 10:26 PM
03/06/24 10:26 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge

Have you ever ask any of the hundreds of companies that have their products made in China why they do that?
The answer is the same reasons American companies move their manufacturing to Mexico, Canada, India, and many small African countries now and so on, it's all about the bottom line and how much money they can make shruggy
🎯

"They" being the CEO's and other exec's that have outrageous salaries, bonuses, perks etc. Pass the savings on to the workers/consumers? 🤣🤣🤣

Re: What aftermarket BB water pump housing ? So many choices [Re: ZIPPY] #3218797
03/07/24 09:23 AM
03/07/24 09:23 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Originally Posted by ZIPPY
The MP housing was a little overpriced and maybe not perfect, but was cast and machined in California,
and was a made in USA product. Didn't matter how many times I'd explain that: Most people don't care and just want all the cheapest stuff they can possibly find. I usually grab them when they come along at a reasonable price, but if they weren't affordable/available I'd run factory iron without a second thought.

Rich I'm a believer in the MP housing and when I see one for reasonable money I scoop it up and modify to look like the year it needs to be .

running up my post count some more .
Page 2 of 2 1 2