11/07/23 11:42 AM
11/07/23 11:42 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Sniper on 11-01-23 posted: I have a TV that has Netflix built in, it isn't supported anymore, too old for the latest Netflix to work on it.

Cheaper to replace a Firestick than a TV.

I have noticed the TVs with built in Roku- have inferior performance and long term reliability compared to the plug in separate Roku device- even though its suppose to be the same tech in the TV as whats in the HDMI plug in device. I find the "Smart TVs" tend to get laggy, unresponsive and have trouble finding my WiFi. I have a Roku TCL TV that after a year I had to buy a Roku stick and plug it in to get proper function. My TVs Roku system is current with its updates and it still performs POORLY. I realize the only TVs available are Smart Tvs but don't assume that built in streaming system in that TV will give good performance over a several year time span.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: Roku or Fire Stick ? [Re: topside] #3189316
11/07/23 11:47 AM
11/07/23 11:47 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Originally Posted by topside
Yeah, they want activation via laptop or PC - I use my PC - but then I get blocked by "incorrect email address". No way I have that wrong.
Haven't found anything on the 'net yet, except "too many cookies". But I'll look again.
Don't know why this has to be such a time suck or tail-chasing exercise - should be something simple.

Just thinking out loud here. Do you have the option to set up an email account thru you internet service provider? I have Spectrum. I also have a Spectrum/Charter email account. I don't use it hardly ever as Gmail is what I use. But maybe using the email service provided by your internet provider will pass the security verification as its all about the person attempting to open an account matching up with where the service is to be established- which is the account holders Internet Service Provider address.

Last edited by 2boltmain; 11/07/23 11:52 AM.

Keep old mopars alive.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3