aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Not as ugly as the “Creamsicle”…. 😂 . That reminds me I’d best get my cart out of the oven, er I mean trailer, for the summer months.

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: J_BODY] #3155203
06/29/23 11:33 AM
06/29/23 11:33 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Originally Posted by J_BODY
Not as ugly as the “Creamsicle”…. 😂 . That reminds me I’d best get my cart out of the oven, er I mean trailer, for the summer months.

The "creamsicle" is still doing duty towing juniors and it 30 years old....I rescued that one from Huntington Beach where it used to patrol the beach for a years before me. Maybe the combo of those two it was led me to a brand new one.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: Al_Alguire] #3155411
06/29/23 09:07 PM
06/29/23 09:07 PM
aZLiViN
J
J_BODY Offline
I Live Here
J_BODY  Offline
I Live Here
J

aZLiViN
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

The "creamsicle" is still doing duty towing juniors and it 30 years old....I rescued that one from Huntington Beach where it used to patrol the beach for a years before me. Maybe the combo of those two it was led me to a brand new one.

Wow! Curtis is STILL flogging that beaut?? I sold ole blue a few years ago for peanuts. It finally died at Famoso this spring. Luckily Beav was in the barn crew and they overhauled it smile

….and I’m with Jeff and his suggestion of a radio. Great for at the track!

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: JERICOGTX] #3155845
07/01/23 09:36 AM
07/01/23 09:36 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
You will love it Wes! I will say, add a radio to the cart as well. Nice to be able to hear the track announcements, where ever you are. I keep a list of different track frequencies on my windshield, so I know what to tune into.

I sure hope so, Jeff. All the maintenance has been done for now, so it’s time to install a few add-on’s I suppose! I’ll check out the radio and get one with Bluetooth. Where are your small speakers located, front dash panel area?

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: J_BODY] #3155849
07/01/23 09:42 AM
07/01/23 09:42 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Cooler months you’ll love the flip windshield…..

That was another thing I liked about the cart over others was the flip windshield.

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: pittsburghracer] #3155850
07/01/23 09:44 AM
07/01/23 09:44 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

My sister in Florida just moved into a gated community and was in need of a gas golf cart to get around. She bought a used gas one from a place that rebuilds them. She’s getting it tomorrow after the seat cushion is back from getting the steeler emblem embroidered on it.

Damn that’s a nice cart! I see it has the “drive over alligators” lift option too! Lol

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: an8sec70cuda] #3155852
07/01/23 09:50 AM
07/01/23 09:50 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted by EvilB1Dart
Well after a week of searching and going to check out both electric and gas carts I found one and bought it today. Very well cared for, super clean and maintained with records 2008 Club Car Precedent “GAS” cart. This thing rolls out pretty good! The one thing I like about Club Car carts is their aluminum frame, so it’s fairly light overall. I will add headlights, taillights, horn soon, and figure out the push bracket setup to push the hotrod. Got a great deal! Thanks for the info and advice.

Nice! The one we have is VERY similar (year and make/model), just a different color (burgundy) and it's electric. I like the electric carts. It has been pretty trouble free. Just put new batteries in it for the 2nd time in about 10 years. Had to replace the bushings in the front end and replace one leaf spring. Calvert doesn't make springs or bars for these things before you ask. grin
My girls have given this thing hell and it's held up well. Ran into a pine tree at full speed w/ only the right front tire making contact and it only broke the one bolt that holds the UCA to the spindle. hammer

Haha! Chip, just wait until it’s time for them to be driving…….up your insurance LOL! It’s good to know these Club Car carts can take some abuse. Everything I’ve read about them reveals they’re very solid all around. Do you have lights or radio on yours? How is yours setup to push or tow - what are you using?

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: Al_Alguire] #3155853
07/01/23 09:56 AM
07/01/23 09:56 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
I had a 2001 EXGO TXT gasser we beat on and abused for years until this past winter. I started looking for a used replacement. I looked for months and everythig i liked was $6k and up and was about to give up. I finally went to check out new carts here in town at a dealer. I brought the wife with me :>) We ended up with a brand new EZGO Valor EFI cart. Factory lift, extended roof, full rear seat with steps and side rails. For $9999 out the door. So far I coudl not be happier. We put in a radio, speakers and a front LED light and so far it has worked great, If it lasts as long as my last one ill be happy.

My last one FWIW came from Casa Grande at a retirement park I paid a grand for it in 2008. We sold my in laws electric EXGO at their park for $6K and it was 11 years old. Sold it to the first guy who came. I also sold my 22 year old EXGO gasser for $3K in about 30 seconds on market place and likely could have sold it 10x over. Clearly should have asked more and Jay can confirm how fugly it was but it ran.

I was going crazy looking at all the carts. I really got lucky with this one I bought. It was only posted for about 10 mins when I saw it. I went to see it at 8:30pm that evening and bought it on the spot after driving it. It felt tight and strong, plus had all the records and service done. Looked at some new ones and they’re super expensive.

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3155866
07/01/23 10:45 AM
07/01/23 10:45 AM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
You will love it Wes! I will say, add a radio to the cart as well. Nice to be able to hear the track announcements, where ever you are. I keep a list of different track frequencies on my windshield, so I know what to tune into.

I sure hope so, Jeff. All the maintenance has been done for now, so it’s time to install a few add-on’s I suppose! I’ll check out the radio and get one with Bluetooth. Where are your small speakers located, front dash panel area?

Wes, my radio is up above. This way if it rains, it doesn’t get the speakers wet.

999914B3-2E2E-47BC-AC47-C7CF68208CAD.jpeg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: JERICOGTX] #3155871
07/01/23 11:08 AM
07/01/23 11:08 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven

Wes, my radio is up above. This way if it rains, it doesn’t get the speakers wet.

Jeff that’s nice! Was that an option that came with your cart or you added it yourself? I really like that.

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3155887
07/01/23 11:44 AM
07/01/23 11:44 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Online work
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Online Work
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

My sister in Florida just moved into a gated community and was in need of a gas golf cart to get around. She bought a used gas one from a place that rebuilds them. She’s getting it tomorrow after the seat cushion is back from getting the steeler emblem embroidered on it.

Damn that’s a nice cart! I see it has the “drive over alligators” lift option too! Lol

Lol. Yea my brother is is 72 and wanted the lift kit installed and the fancy wheels. It was delivered on Thursday and they headed for Pennsylvania on Friday. They have a beautiful motorhome parked on a lot at Pymatuming lake. They was to trade it in for a new or nice travel trailer since he doesn’t move it anymore. Probably a smart move.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: pittsburghracer] #3155893
07/01/23 11:59 AM
07/01/23 11:59 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Only picture of mine. Our radio holder has speakers, Kenwood Bluetooth, usb ports, lighter port, voltage meter and a dome light. We also have space above for tools etc. Figured we would use the space somehow. Cant see thew rear steps or the tow point we also made. Mounted the one LED just cause I had it smile

I looked forever and gave up. When I was looking for what I wanted prices were $6K and up. So dont feel so bad paying $99 for this one. First new cart I have ever owned. Under warranty for two years, still not sure about the EFI but it goes 23mh in stock form. We will see later what we can do, also will change out those fugly wheels and tires when it needs tires.

[Linked Image]

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3156010
07/01/23 06:05 PM
07/01/23 06:05 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN

Jeff that’s nice! Was that an option that came with your cart or you added it yourself? I really like that.

I added it myself. Bought everything on eBay. I also added some LED strip lights, and a switch for them. A nice feature for running the cart at night.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: Al_Alguire] #3156088
07/01/23 11:56 PM
07/01/23 11:56 PM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Only picture of mine. Our radio holder has speakers, Kenwood Bluetooth, usb ports, lighter port, voltage meter and a dome light. We also have space above for tools etc. Figured we would use the space somehow. Cant see thew rear steps or the tow point we also made. Mounted the one LED just cause I had it smile

I looked forever and gave up. When I was looking for what I wanted prices were $6K and up. So dont feel so bad paying $99 for this one. First new cart I have ever owned. Under warranty for two years, still not sure about the EFI but it goes 23mh in stock form. We will see later what we can do, also will change out those fugly wheels and tires when it needs tires.

[Linked Image]

Nice cart/setup, Al. I’ll have to check out the stereo equipment, and lights. Definitely need lights for sure. Again. I got lucky because I was getting tired of looking. The ones I initially wanted sold fast, and I took one more look and it popped up in the evening. If I would’ve waited until the next day I would’ve missed it. The owner said his phone was blowing up.

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: JERICOGTX] #3156091
07/02/23 12:06 AM
07/02/23 12:06 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
I added it myself. Bought everything on eBay. I also added some LED strip lights, and a switch for them. A nice feature for running the cart at night.

Jeff you've got a nice cart and setup. Did you buy the stereo setup as a complete unit or they were all separate purchases? LED lighting sounds like a nice touch.

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3156092
07/02/23 12:09 AM
07/02/23 12:09 AM
Heaven
EvilB1Dart Offline OP
master
EvilB1Dart  Offline OP
master

Heaven
Hahaha first upgrade from Amazon! Will get some Pentastar or Mopar emblems to cover-up the “SS” badges on the wheel covers.

IMG_4602.jpegIMG_4600.jpeg

- A. Einstein
Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3156491
07/03/23 11:08 AM
07/03/23 11:08 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Mine came with head and tail lights from the factory. I added a smedium sized led light bar I had below the body on the frame.

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: Al_Alguire] #3156883
07/04/23 02:04 PM
07/04/23 02:04 PM
Shelby Twp. Mi
HardcoreB Offline
master
HardcoreB  Offline
master

Shelby Twp. Mi
Nice find Wes! I just happened across one local and haven't pulled the trigger on it yet because i want to get up and running again first. Shows you if you look you can get a deal yet.

Re: Golf Cart for the track to push/tow……. [Re: EvilB1Dart] #3157113
07/05/23 08:24 AM
07/05/23 08:24 AM
Marion, South Carolina [><]
an8sec70cuda Offline
I Live Here
an8sec70cuda  Offline
I Live Here

Marion, South Carolina [><]
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda

Nice! The one we have is VERY similar (year and make/model), just a different color (burgundy) and it's electric. I like the electric carts. It has been pretty trouble free. Just put new batteries in it for the 2nd time in about 10 years. Had to replace the bushings in the front end and replace one leaf spring. Calvert doesn't make springs or bars for these things before you ask. grin
My girls have given this thing hell and it's held up well. Ran into a pine tree at full speed w/ only the right front tire making contact and it only broke the one bolt that holds the UCA to the spindle. hammer

Haha! Chip, just wait until it’s time for them to be driving…….up your insurance LOL! It’s good to know these Club Car carts can take some abuse. Everything I’ve read about them reveals they’re very solid all around. Do you have lights or radio on yours? How is yours setup to push or tow - what are you using?

I don't use the golf cart to tow the car at the track. It's strictly for my girls to go back and forth to the bathroom 73 times in one afternoon at the track. grin Of course they ride it all over around home...when they aren't on my 4 wheeler or side by side.
I only towed my car back to the trailer on one test & tune to get a baseline on the tuneup. It's too much of a PITA to do all the time.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax
Page 2 of 2 1 2