I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by HotRodDave
I haven't seen any games except Tigers so haven't seen any interleague. I didn't mind the shift in years past, but it got to be to frequent for me. Anyway don't want to beat a dead horse. I'm just glad to see the games played quicker and not all the standing around while these premadonnas think everyone has to wait on them. Another bonus to games moving faster is some of these long winded broadcasters can't ramble on and on! Remember Hawk Harrelson of the White Sox? Omg that guy was so annoying with his boring stories and he'd always tell them when the opposition was hitting (Tigers).

Tigers are in trouble. Casey Mize out, now Manning out (hopefully not too long), and not scoring runs. While I'm not for always blaming managers, I think it might be time for A.J. Hinch to go. Where's Alan Trammell?

Looking like the tigers aren't gonna get crap for their two best pitchers on the trade market either, gonna have to hurry up and take a last minute deal, I was hoping Harris would be an improvement over Avila but seems to be more of the same, I hope I can eat my words in a couple hours...
I especially want Eduardo traded. He's no kid and should bring alot from a team in the race! I'm so happy with Torkelson! Really coming alive and being the cleanup guy needed to replace Cabrera.

Tork is hitting .232 with 3 homeruns in his last 15 games, I was hoping for more from a cleanup hitter who broke barry bonds homerun record in college. He will be serviceable but not a real star outside detroit.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Changes to MLB [Re: HotRodDave] #3164903
08/01/23 05:34 PM
08/01/23 05:34 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline OP
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline OP
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
I haven't seen any games except Tigers so haven't seen any interleague. I didn't mind the shift in years past, but it got to be to frequent for me. Anyway don't want to beat a dead horse. I'm just glad to see the games played quicker and not all the standing around while these premadonnas think everyone has to wait on them. Another bonus to games moving faster is some of these long winded broadcasters can't ramble on and on! Remember Hawk Harrelson of the White Sox? Omg that guy was so annoying with his boring stories and he'd always tell them when the opposition was hitting (Tigers).

Tigers are in trouble. Casey Mize out, now Manning out (hopefully not too long), and not scoring runs. While I'm not for always blaming managers, I think it might be time for A.J. Hinch to go. Where's Alan Trammell?

Looking like the tigers aren't gonna get crap for their two best pitchers on the trade market either, gonna have to hurry up and take a last minute deal, I was hoping Harris would be an improvement over Avila but seems to be more of the same, I hope I can eat my words in a couple hours...
I especially want Eduardo traded. He's no kid and should bring alot from a team in the race! I'm so happy with Torkelson! Really coming alive and being the cleanup guy needed to replace Cabrera.

Tork is hitting .232 with 3 homeruns in his last 15 games, I was hoping for more from a cleanup hitter who broke barry bonds homerun record in college. He will be serviceable but not a real star outside detroit.
I have to disagree with you on this. I think he will be a star wherever he plays. I think he's the real deal, just so young still (he's 23). Despite his little slump he still leads team in hits, doubles, HR's, and RBI. And he's played a great 1st base. He's only going to get better.

Facts are stubborn things.
Re: Changes to MLB [Re: HotRodDave] #3164904
08/01/23 05:35 PM
08/01/23 05:35 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline OP
Stud Muffin
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Well they just gave away Michael Lorenzen for basically nothing, we can't have anything nice. The whitesox got far better from a worse pitcher.
Lorenzen has quite an arm too. BUT, he was going to be a free agent after the season and probably command big money. They got a 20 year old infielder prospect.

Re: Changes to MLB [Re: larrymopar360] #3164913
08/01/23 06:07 PM
08/01/23 06:07 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I don't have an issue trading away Lorenzen, it's just that the return is really weak.

The deadline passed about 5 minutes ago and evidently the Tigers and codgers spent all their time negotiating a deal for Eduardo knowing he would reject the trade... that's a bolt strategy cotton!

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Changes to MLB [Re: HotRodDave] #3164933
08/01/23 07:43 PM
08/01/23 07:43 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline OP
Stud Muffin
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
I don't have an issue trading away Lorenzen, it's just that the return is really weak.

The deadline passed about 5 minutes ago and evidently the Tigers and codgers spent all their time negotiating a deal for Eduardo knowing he would reject the trade... that's a bolt strategy cotton!
Why does he reject? Not like he's leaving a winning team.

Re: Changes to MLB [Re: larrymopar360] #3164946
08/01/23 08:56 PM
08/01/23 08:56 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Offline
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
I hate the way teams seem to wear ten different uniforms a season. What's that about? Keeping the ADD fans watching? I don't mind a vintage uniform day but this other flashy crap is annoying and wasteful.

They do it because they can sell more replica jerseys.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: Changes to MLB [Re: larrymopar360] #3165298
08/03/23 01:18 PM
08/03/23 01:18 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.

Why does he reject? Not like he's leaving a winning team.

He would be taking a big pay cut going to the dodgers and 2 or 3 months away from his family playing for a team he don't want to play for maybe??? He had 19 other teams he could have negotiated with including several who wanted Eduardo... Ken griffey Jr said he would quit if he was traded to the yankees. After last year it is clear he has family issues and nothing is more important than family. Maybe he signed with the tigers in the first place because he is a tigers fan? Some people actually have a favorite team you know.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4