N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by klunick
The solution is easy. Rip the infotainment system out, get rid of Auto braking, side lane assist, computer steering/braking/gas pedal. Boom you now have 2X the number of chips. By the way, I calculated that all out and it cuts the price by 5-8k.

EXACTLY

As a Electrical Engineer, I realize what a joke most of these "features" are and what is going to fail and/or be outdated first. When my wife bought her lat new car, I specfically asked if they made a stripped version less all of the BS. All of the lane departure and super complicated infotainment system means nothing to me. I disabled as many of the "features" as I could but still have the overcomplicted system that is the radio, HVAC and whatever else. I wrote a nice long letter to the manufacturer asking them to create a version of their vehicle that does not have any of the added "features"...yea, I knew I would hear nothing. My old beater truck...rubber floors, crank windows and no power locks....perfect.

Back in 1967/1968-model year they made a "stripper" model and it became one of Chrysler's best selling models and buyers loved it...........................I think it was called a Road Runner or something like that? wink The next model year yes they added more AVAILABLE options but still it was a stripper base model and the buyer not the manufacture added the options they wanted. What a concept,................and what a success story. Gee what happened to that concept????

Re: Automaker Chip Shortage [Re: A12] #3068759
08/17/22 08:44 AM
08/17/22 08:44 AM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Online mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Online Mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by klunick
The solution is easy. Rip the infotainment system out, get rid of Auto braking, side lane assist, computer steering/braking/gas pedal. Boom you now have 2X the number of chips. By the way, I calculated that all out and it cuts the price by 5-8k.

EXACTLY

As a Electrical Engineer, I realize what a joke most of these "features" are and what is going to fail and/or be outdated first. When my wife bought her lat new car, I specfically asked if they made a stripped version less all of the BS. All of the lane departure and super complicated infotainment system means nothing to me. I disabled as many of the "features" as I could but still have the overcomplicted system that is the radio, HVAC and whatever else. I wrote a nice long letter to the manufacturer asking them to create a version of their vehicle that does not have any of the added "features"...yea, I knew I would hear nothing. My old beater truck...rubber floors, crank windows and no power locks....perfect.

Back in 1967/1968-model year they made a "stripper" model and it became one of Chrysler's best selling models and buyers loved it...........................I think it was called a Road Runner or something like that? wink The next model year yes they added more AVAILABLE options but still it was a stripper base model and the buyer not the manufacture added the options they wanted. What a concept,................and what a success story. Gee what happened to that concept????

The vast majority of consumers decided they weren't interested in that concept. shruggy

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Page 2 of 2 1 2