G
GEORGE68HEMIRR Offline OP
super street
GEORGE68HEMIRR  Offline OP
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

I don't think you can control pressure with that pump by-passing it at the pump. pm robbmc (board member) and talk to him about it and your problem.

like i said this pump and fuel system i have been using for years without any problems

Re: another dominator question [Re: 602heavy] #301881
04/28/09 09:47 PM
04/28/09 09:47 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Maybe the fuels boiling in the bowls , seems like the only thing that's changed is temp.

thats what i am wondering also...the temp seems high but not overheating.....is this water wetter any good?....it ran cooler on anti-freeze

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301882
04/28/09 10:21 PM
04/28/09 10:21 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
are we talking about dual doms or just one? on what intake?

are you saying the flooding problem out of the vent is fixed now and you just have a stumble?

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: another dominator question [Re: sixpackgut] #301883
04/28/09 10:34 PM
04/28/09 10:34 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

are you saying the flooding problem out of the vent is fixed now and you just have a stumble?

yes dual 1050 dominators on a indy tunnel ram.....it doesnt seem to be dumping out the vents[have a bds scoop on and didnt see gas running out the back like i did before/ was at nite on the road....but it is stumbling like its shutting down and did die....seemed flooded....had to floor it to clear it up and started after a minute or so

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301884
04/28/09 10:43 PM
04/28/09 10:43 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

yes dual 1050 dominators on a indy tunnel ram.....it doesnt seem to be dumping out the vents[have a bds scoop on and didnt see gas running out the back like i did before/ was at nite on the road....but it is stumbling like its shutting down and did die....seemed flooded....had to floor it to clear it up and started after a minute or so

hard to say its the heat then. i think its a check valve under a squirter thats causing the problem.

a blown power valve will let gas drip down the vac port hole and flood the engine but you would notice that cruising

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: another dominator question [Re: sixpackgut] #301885
04/28/09 11:12 PM
04/28/09 11:12 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

hard to say its the heat then. i think its a check valve under a squirter thats causing the problem.

a blown power valve will let gas drip down the vac port hole and flood the engine but you would notice that cruising

earlier today when the gas was gushing out the vents i noticed gas coming out the primary squirter like its was boiling...it would squirt then stop then did it like 4-5 times....engine was off and everything was shut down when it was doing it.......it was 90 degrees here today.....the power valves are brand new....just put them in today....no back fires either.....just stumbing as i am jumping into it.....then it takes off.....what i dont get is after driving it....shut it off for about 10 minutes.....started up fine and jumped into it and died after 100 feet

Last edited by GEORGE68HEMIRR; 04/28/09 11:15 PM.
Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301886
04/28/09 11:29 PM
04/28/09 11:29 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

earlier today when the gas was gushing out the vents i noticed gas coming out the primary squirter like its was boiling...it would squirt then stop then did it like 4-5 times....engine was off and everything was shut down when it was doing it.......it was 90 degrees here today.....the power valves are brand new....just put them in today....no back fires either.....just stumbing as i am jumping into it.....then it takes off.....what i dont get is after driving it....shut it off for about 10 minutes.....started up fine and jumped into it and died after 100 feet

well that sounds like fuel boiling problem but the carbs that high off the engine, i dont know. could be the way fuel lines are routed. everyone is complaining about this issue lately but i had that issue a long time ago, solved the problem with a return style regulator

you will hear the fuel perculating in the bowls, there is not mistaking it. its loud enough to hear clearly but just a good old fashion carb rebuild is what i think it may need. umbrella plunger in the pump housing is another possible problem

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301887
04/28/09 11:39 PM
04/28/09 11:39 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Sounds like you have a bad tank of gasoline, it is boiling and trying to vapor lock,IMO

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: another dominator question [Re: Cab_Burge] #301888
04/28/09 11:48 PM
04/28/09 11:48 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Sounds like you have a bad tank of gasoline, it is boiling and trying to vapor lock,IMO

wow i never thought of that.....i will change that tomorrow.....you really think so.....its mobil..93

Re: another dominator question [Re: sixpackgut] #301889
04/28/09 11:53 PM
04/28/09 11:53 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well that sounds like fuel boiling problem but the carbs that high off the engine, i dont know. could be the way fuel lines are routed. everyone is complaining about this issue lately but i had that issue a long time ago, solved the problem with a return style regulator

you will hear the fuel perculating in the bowls, there is not mistaking it. its loud enough to hear clearly but just a good old fashion carb rebuild is what i think it may need. umbrella plunger in the pump housing is another possible problem

i will change them and the gas tomorrow....thanks....i will keep everyone posted.....we rented lebanon valley friday so i am hoping to get this done before friday....cutting it close

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301890
04/29/09 12:03 AM
04/29/09 12:03 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI

i will change them and the gas tomorrow....thanks....i will keep everyone posted.....we rented lebanon valley friday so i am hoping to get this done before friday....cutting it close

Another problem is the fuel at this time of year,
if its been real warm there(ambient temps) you
probably still get winter fuel which can be as high
as 15 RVP and it tends to boil REAL easy in heat.
Summer fuel is closer to 8-9 RVP (RVP is Reid Vapor
Pressure) the higher the number the more pressure
it builds alone with easy boiling, the high vapor
is made to generate vapor easier for cold winter
starting/running

Re: another dominator question [Re: MR_P_BODY] #301891
04/29/09 12:10 AM
04/29/09 12:10 AM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Another problem is the fuel at this time of year,
if its been real warm there(ambient temps) you
probably still get winter fuel which can be as high
as 15 RVP and it tends to boil REAL easy in heat.
Summer fuel is closer to 8-9 RVP (RVP is Reid Vapor
Pressure) the higher the number the more pressure
it builds alone with easy boiling, the high vapor
is made to generate vapor easier for cold winter
starting/running

wow thats interesting....now would the gas station attend know what RVP/winter/summer blend.they have??this is really something i never knew....thanks for that.....i am never to old to learn something

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301892
04/29/09 12:17 AM
04/29/09 12:17 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
wow thats interesting....now would the gas station attend know what RVP/winter/summer blend.they have??this is really something i never knew....thanks for that.....i am never to old to learn something

The problem is... they dont know, the company will
determine when its time(usually a calender month)
to make the change over... with us up north here it
is usually in April but if they arent moving alot
of fuel that could still be in the in ground tanks

Re: another dominator question [Re: MR_P_BODY] #301893
04/29/09 12:26 AM
04/29/09 12:26 AM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

The problem is... they dont know, the company will
determine when its time(usually a calender month)
to make the change over... with us up north here it
is usually in April but if they arent moving alot
of fuel that could still be in the in ground tanks

so i guess i would have to ask when they got there last delievery and maybe its a summer blend since it been in the 90s since saturday...what happened to spring??....thank you

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301894
04/29/09 08:36 AM
04/29/09 08:36 AM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
well let me see what happens today since its 50* today and yesterday was 90*

Re: another dominator question [Re: GEORGE68HEMIRR] #301895
04/29/09 11:22 AM
04/29/09 11:22 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Well It is odd that the rear carb front fuel bowl is the only one acting up

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: another dominator question [Re: Cab_Burge] #301896
04/29/09 12:07 PM
04/29/09 12:07 PM
hudson valley n.y.
G
super street
super street
G

hudson valley n.y.
Quote:

Quote:

Well It is odd that the rear carb front fuel bowl is the only one acting up

no both carbs were acting up that last time she dump fuel out both primary vents

now with it cooler it ran at 165/170 degrees before i added some differant fuel its running great with no problems.......must have been the winter blend and the cooler temps.....great!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2