Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by GY3

I kicked FedEx out of our business.

The most unresponsive company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

We ship anywhere from 5 to 15 packages a day and UPS does a great job for us. Yes, there is the occasional issue but very minimal.

We too only use UPS. Yep they are rough on packages. Luckily most of our products are nearly unbreakable. We ship 150-200 packages a day. UPS loses about 3 a year. THREE. Thats incredible as far as I'm concerned. USPS used to lose about ONE PERCENT. Those &^*(&(& have cost me tens of thousands. I rarely ship postal and dont even offer it as an option this time of year. FedEx, I don't even use. Wife and I WERE getting Hello Fresh meals (the prepackaged, you cook it, home delivery meals). FedEX would deliver up to a week late. The meat and ingrediants were bad. They would ship the replacements via UPS and they would arrive on time I stopped their service twice because of this. The 2nd time I said if they can't ship UPS every time I cant be a customer.

FedEx drivers are all sub contractors. FedEx contracts areas out to private companies and those companies have employees that deliver the packages - kinda like Amazon. Now I don't know how much these FedEX drivers make BUT UPS was on strike last year and I think the top driver pay is now FORTY FIVE DOLLARS AN HOURS. HELL, I didn't make that as an engineer and I invented stuff and traveled across the country at 2AM to repair the impossible and program robots!!! The UPS drivers know they will never, ever be able to get another job that pays like that so they take some interest in the deliveries.

I'm not saying FedEx drivers/employees are bad its just the ONE regular (over 2 years) interation I have had with FedEx was bad. I also ordered a bed cover for my new truck from a company 30-40 miles away. The company shipped the very next day via FedEx. Took 2 weeks!

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: 71TA] #2991132
12/02/21 02:13 AM
12/02/21 02:13 AM
Shopping @ HoBo Fright
340SIX Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin
340SIX  Offline
Doc Flappergas's Evil Twin

Shopping @ HoBo Fright
We have free shipping wotg Sam's Club and they use fed ex. They get stuff here asap in 2 to 3 days sometimes 1 day. Depends on when Sam's gives it to them.
We no longer bring home TP paper towels cans, etc
They drop it at my front door Fed Ex and never a problem. And lots of items are sent here from them.
We get every thing shipped free and just get the perishables at the store.
Makes for a quick easy trip.

[img]https://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/sig%20pics/2840886-340SIX-1.jpg[/img]
VP of the MPM in New Orleans
73 Dart Sport 340/ 70 challenger vert. That may still get built, If I live long enough
Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: DAYCLONA] #2991190
12/02/21 10:33 AM
12/02/21 10:33 AM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Let me guess. The employee will simply be fired for his actions. He/she already hates their job and did this out of spite to show that hatred. Firing them is not enough. Should be at least some civil charges. If this news were posted on a public form like Face Book Informed a lot of people would chime in praising this persons actions proclaiming the act is justified because Fed Ex doesn't pay well.

If this was posted on Facebook/public forums, there would be those that would offer up their safe space, coloring books or emotional support animals for the poor overburdened FedEx slacky....

The FedEx doof should have court ordered Community Service to personally deliver those packages to their recipients IN PERSON and apologize to each one for what an azzhat he is for his actions ....

My point is its not just FB snowflakes that despise working and the concept of work- its a vast majority of the US population. The worker shortage is partially a result of people hating work. They have a way to make their ends meet with no work or minimal work assignments now and then. They are engrained that the business owner is an enemy-a cheap skate that can pay alot more. In Holland MI there's tons of factories starting at $16 for entry level labor. No takers. Those that do show up go out of their way to do a bad job- then they leave. They hate working and show it by being a lousy worker and dumping their Fed Ex deliveries in a ravine.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: 2boltmain] #2991231
12/02/21 12:12 PM
12/02/21 12:12 PM
St. Charles, MO
wingman Offline
Uncreative Title
wingman  Offline
Uncreative Title

St. Charles, MO
Let's face it. Most of us would not work a traditional job if we didn't have to pay the bills. That's why it's called work and not a hobby.

In the old days people who would not work starved to death.

Now that there are enough safety nets where people's basic needs are already met, some people will just decide to stay home.

1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee 383 A4
1970 Plymouth Road Runner 440 FC7 (sold)
Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: wingman] #2991240
12/02/21 12:42 PM
12/02/21 12:42 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
How does a country function/survive if no one has any incentive to be productive and contribute?

Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: Mastershake340] #2991318
12/02/21 04:47 PM
12/02/21 04:47 PM
Warren, MI
71TA Offline
I Live Here
71TA  Offline
I Live Here

Warren, MI
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
How does a country function/survive if no one has any incentive to be productive and contribute?

Aren't there countries like that? smile I wont name them. Might make me look like a bad guy.

And in reference to 2boltmains comments, I was at a body shop supply place the other day. We were comparing notes about the crazy stuff that is hard to get and why. He said those plastic seat covers and floor protectors body shops use, they get from Petosky Plastics. He said they are paying CASH, DAILY, and still can't get enough workers. (Petosky is in a fairly rural norther Michigan area hundreds of miles from Detroit - lucky them)

PS I've said this often. I love when people say they got some socks from their grandma and they can right on time. Ship 30,000 things a year, all across the country, and it will paint a VERY DIFFERENT picture of what is and isn't working.

UPS - .01% problems (3 out of 30,000), FedEx - I'm not even gonna see how bad they are. They've already proven it to me with my Hello Fresh meal deliveries. USPS - 1% problems (300 out of 30,000)

www.DetroitMuscleTechnologies.com Mopar body and heater box restoration gaskets
Re: So, FedEx problems ? [Re: 71TA] #2991477
12/03/21 12:45 AM
12/03/21 12:45 AM
Phila
P
PhillyRag Offline
top fuel
PhillyRag  Offline
top fuel
P

Phila
UPS - .01% problems (3 out of 30,000), FedEx - I'm not even gonna see how bad they are. They've already proven it to me with my Hello Fresh meal deliveries. USPS - 1% problems (300 out of 30,000)

Funny: if the FED lost (i.e. can't account for) .01 or 1% of some spending situations; they would praise themselves for a good job.

Page 2 of 2 1 2