Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Wize in the house. Hello old friends...long time no hear! [Re: gch] #2968744
09/30/21 12:05 PM
09/30/21 12:05 PM
Weddington, N.C.
Streetwize Offline OP
master
Streetwize  Offline OP
master

Weddington, N.C.
Thanks everybody for the kind words. I'm slowly getting back into the mopar scene, it took a little adjustment from working 70 hours a week and then re-learning how to just chill and sort out all the other sides of my "Rubix's Cube" aspects of my life. But I've been working out a lot and eating fairly well....and for pushing 60 I guess I'm feeling pretty good. I'm also ducking calls from old colleagues trying to lure me back to work, I might work part time and or part year but I haven't even sorted that out just yet.

I just added an accumulator to the Rocky so I feel a bit safer turning 7K with thin oil and lower top end pressure, it seems to work great. My next project will be de-tuning the 517 in the Charger just a tad (smaller cam and maybe drop the CR a tad) just so I want to cruise with it more. The price for Second Gen b bodies (chargers especially) have gone insane which for a person who actually enjoys driving it is a big concern.

I also want to finish the Valiant (which is really close...and Stephen Daurity is a fabrication genius....you should see the exhaust he put on it) . The biggest issue with the Val now will be actually driving it comfortably, I think the average man back in 66 must have been around 5'-8" and 145 pounds, it's tough for my 6'-2" 245 pound ass to get comfortable in there, lol. I even talked to Stephen about dropping the drivers side floorboard to give me a bit more leg room. A smaller steering wheel is also on the dance card.

So i'll try to work myself back into the line-up here, I'm happy to see so many familiar names and know you guys are keeping the faith. Nice to be remembered, I'm honored and humbled to be welcomed back

Last edited by Streetwize; 09/30/21 12:14 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0
Re: Wize in the house. Hello old friends...long time no hear! [Re: Streetwize] #2968756
09/30/21 12:48 PM
09/30/21 12:48 PM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
I like the plan! Don't get sucked back into work and enjoy your time to the fullest extent possible.

A bodies are tough in the space department. I hit my head often in my '68 GTS and it feels like a MG with two full grown men in it lol!

Pics of the valiant? Is the Charger still blue?

Re: Wize in the house. Hello old friends...long time no hear! [Re: Streetwize] #2970194
10/04/21 08:04 AM
10/04/21 08:04 AM
Monroe NC
L
Luvcars69 Offline
mopar
Luvcars69  Offline
mopar
L

Monroe NC
Hey Wise great to have you back. I haven't been on here much at all since 2011. 2 divorces, 3 moves different states for work etc. I'm in Monroe now, Parkwood school area. Lost job due to Covid 3-2020 & decided to retire at 58, now buying used police Chargers, refurbishing & selling them. Built second 30 x 40 garage with 12' sidewalls so have lift back up & running along with Coats tire machine & spin balancer, brake lathe, 40 ton press, lathe, Bridgeport etc. Stop over sometime love to BS.

Tom

69 Bee soon to be 512 Bee Y2 yellow 4 speed
78 400 Magnum grey waiting for restoration with 500" Indy headed Mopar mega block
16 Ram Sport regular cab short bed black
19 Scat white auto sunroof 4800 mi VAN-PNT NC license plate

Making cars faster one at a time!

19 Challenger Scat Pack white
16 Ram Sport SB Regular cab black
14 Charger Pursuit silver
78 Magnum 400 gray
69 SuperBee 512 Passion 4-speed 4:10
Re: Wize in the house. Hello old friends...long time no hear! [Re: Luvcars69] #2970247
10/04/21 09:46 AM
10/04/21 09:46 AM
lino lakes, mn
S
Schultz62 Offline
enthusiast
Schultz62  Offline
enthusiast
S

lino lakes, mn
Wize it is absolutely great to see you back! I hear you on the seating issue. When I built my Dart I lowered the seat frames and installed the plastic race buckets. Was still a chore to drop my butt over the door bar into the seat. A smaller diameter steering wheel helped. One of my best days in my life my dad went to the Car Craft Nationals in St.Paul in my Dart. He has always hated Dodges for some reason. Maybe because of the bunch of Omnis my parents owned when I was younger? On the way to the show I said Dodges are actually pretty cool and did a bunch of antics. The smile on his face and him white knuckling the side bar I will never forget. I parked at the show and he couldn't get out of the car because of the side bar. He was embarrassed but I wasn't and I went over and picked him up out of the seat over the bar.
3 words I should have known then...swing out bars grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2