DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Every car I have insured with Hagerty is modified, no problem. Just state up front that it's modified when making application for a policy.

Same here - sent pics, no problems. I never had a claim tho

Exactly. Never had a claim. Everyone here making statements that it was "no problem" to get coverage can't actually say there was no problem unless they had a claim and it was covered. If they had a covered loss, that's great...not that they had a loss, but that it was covered. But unless they are speaking from that experience, they have no way to know that it was "no problem" to get coverage. All they really know is that they paid a premium to the insurance company.

I can vouch for Hagerty paying my claim on a "modified vehicle", not a total loss, but several thousands in damage, no issues, check cut in full for the estimated repair damages..... I know of 2 other member here on Moparts besides myself that have had claims for damage paid by Hagerty for modified vehicles, in fact one is a heavily modified custom, again no issues from Hagerty for either policy holder

Re: Collector's insurance for a modified car [Re: NITROUSN] #2939843
07/04/21 01:18 PM
07/04/21 01:18 PM
West Plains, MO
DrCharles Offline
master
DrCharles  Offline
master

West Plains, MO
Originally Posted by NITROUSN

up

When I was looking for insurance on my '72 big-block Dart, I applied through a couple of the big-name collector companies and sent pics. Neither would consider my modified car as soon as they heard the word "nitrous". One actually asked me to explain what was the blue tank [nitrous] and the aluminum box [fuel cell] in the trunk. eyes I informed them and was promptly declined. My final message was that if they didn't know what those items were, perhaps they should not be insuring hot rods...

Anyhow, Heacock Classic (their underwriter is AMIG, American Modern Insurance Group) had no problem with my 451, 4-speed or the N 2 O... They just charged a slightly higher rate for "Highly Modified" instead of "Modified" class.

Page 2 of 2 1 2