Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Mr.Yuck
Why? it is kinda a PITA and if you don't need to why bother? You will also have to put an on/off switch at the rear bumper if you plan on racing anywhere.
Why do I want better weight balance? Better handling, better traction (no, I'm not going to race but for the street traction is good too, especially when it's wet!). Has sure-grip rear, but I like to run fairly stock size tires, 235/70/15, and with the torque my engine makes, I can use the weight back there! And I won't need the kill switch.

you achieve none of the above. You can go get a modern battery that weighs nothing. There are better ways to archive handling and traction. The only reason I moved my battery to the trunk is because I needed space for the Paxton. In my last build, 70 Charger that ran 11.20's the battery was it the stock location. Do as you please it isn't worth the effort.
I didn't lose 35 pounds? I didn't get a battery that will last much longer than standard battery? I dropped the idea of moving it to trunk after reading a lot of the feedback. I've done many other things for traction and handling (frame ties, solid K frame isolators, urethane bushings, new sure-grip unit, larger than stock tire size, as well as other things). This is probably the last thing; losing a few pounds up front. My last post just before yours says I'm not moving it to rear, and I bought modern battery. confused

Facts are stubborn things.