12/14/20 10:44 AM
12/14/20 10:44 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline OP
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline OP
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I am in search mode. I think I would prefer a roadster but will likely look at each. We currently have an 09 911 Carrera S and am looking for something a bit more to the muscley side this time. Not that the Porsche does not accelerate well. Love to ad a Turbo S to the fleet but that out of my price range and I believe a Viper will be good bang for the buck. Still leaning toward the 03-06 stuff but if the right car comes along that is newer will definitely look at it. Thanks for the advice and info so far. Hopefully more to come.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Any Viper owners here? [Re: Al_Alguire] #2859940
12/14/20 04:57 PM
12/14/20 04:57 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
I am in search mode. I think I would prefer a roadster but will likely look at each. We currently have an 09 911 Carrera S and am looking for something a bit more to the muscley side this time. Not that the Porsche does not accelerate well. Love to ad a Turbo S to the fleet but that out of my price range and I believe a Viper will be good bang for the buck. Still leaning toward the 03-06 stuff but if the right car comes along that is newer will definitely look at it. Thanks for the advice and info so far. Hopefully more to come.

The 03-06 Viper's are great cars, the top is far easier to deal with than the earlier R/T10's (which are a mild pain to break down and store).
The later (03 and later) cars have a real, fold down manual convertible top.

The styling is the only issue for me, which is why I still like the earlier cars more.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Any Viper owners here? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #2860243
12/15/20 11:19 AM
12/15/20 11:19 AM
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
A
Abodysforever Offline
super stock
Abodysforever  Offline
super stock
A

Campbellsport, Wisconsin
I enjoy the 1st and 2gen more also. More in line to what the Viper was all about. Pure horsepower, little if any creature comforts. It was buildt to be a successor to the Shelby Cobra. Heck mine even has Shelby's signature on the glove box door. I'll give someone a ride in it snd when they see how do you roll up the side window I ssy you dont need windows!!!!LOL.

Re: Any Viper owners here? [Re: Abodysforever] #2860334
12/15/20 03:35 PM
12/15/20 03:35 PM
KS
M
MoparKansas Offline
super stock
MoparKansas  Offline
super stock
M

KS
I don't have one, but my brother bought an 05 Copperhead edition last fall. It was extremely clean and only about 16k or so miles on the clock. Had a cam change and exhaust - supposedly dyno'd at about 600 HP or so. I've driven it once and it was a lot more fun than my 73 Challenger which brought about the same money when I sold it last fall. The viper gets a lot more looks and also had air conditioning. I'd definitely consider one the next time I am spending fun money!

Re: Any Viper owners here? [Re: MoparKansas] #2861239
12/17/20 11:59 AM
12/17/20 11:59 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Hey Mr. Snake?

What do you make of this? After this pic I put the lid back on it and have not looked at it in 11 or 12 so years. But I live in a very low humidity environment and nothing ever rusts but is more like frozen in time.

Its got a vin or serial number thats all the same on the docs and stamped on the motor on the side down low if I recall properly.

Any value to this? Complete and ready to bolt in, I do recall buying the newer/better head gaskets as I was going to put them on before install. Ive a new matched trans, new in box mopar/viper radiator, ect. and a aftermarket programmable ecm but its based on older windows.

Ive got two of the same, current value????

Nice.JPG

STOP POTATO HATE!
Page 2 of 2 1 2