12/09/20 11:16 PM
Freeport IL USA
poorboy Offline
I Live Here
poorboy  Offline
I Live Here

Freeport IL USA
Originally Posted by Mr Potatohead
This many people really use them? Im shocked. I bought one 25 years ago to fill the spot for it, dont think its been opened in 25 years.

I must be missing something.

We have never had a dishwasher. I suspect once we have the one we purchased functioning (we are replacing kitchen cabinets and counter top right now), it may be another thing my wife thought she needed but will seldom use, sort of like that new bicycle from several years ago she used 2 or 3 times and hasn't looked at it since. Like the bicycle, if this dish washer we have purchased makes her happy, it was worth the investment.

I've dumped a lot more then the roughly $700 we spent on the dishwasher on stuff that I thought I needed only to find those items were of little use once I owned them.

On the other hand, once we can use it, it may well be one of those things we will wonder how we ever got by without for all those years. If that is the case, I hope this one is a good one. Gene

Re: OT.... New dishwasher question [Re: poorboy] #2857906
12/10/20 12:08 AM
12/10/20 12:08 AM
Minnesota
Hemi_Joel Offline
master
Hemi_Joel  Offline
master

Minnesota
in the prior 28 years, we had been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
Then in 2015 we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We have been so impressed with it! For the first time ever, Sheila never even rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. 5 years in and it still performs like new, and has been 100% problem free. I would recommend it to anybody.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"
Re: OT.... New dishwasher question [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #2858150
12/10/20 04:51 PM
12/10/20 04:51 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
We remodeled our Vegas house almost two years ago and went with the top of the line Kitchenaid. It is quieter than the Bosch unit and cleans things easily. The only was you know it is on is by the tiny LED light on the front. Changes colors as it cycles through the process. We are in the process of redoing the Ohio house as well and have already installed the Kitchenaid to replace the old Bosch unit that was here.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: OT.... New dishwasher question [Re: Al_Alguire] #2858151
12/10/20 04:58 PM
12/10/20 04:58 PM
Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
not_a_charger Online mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator
not_a_charger  Online Mad
Mr. Big Shot Moparts Moderator

Puttin' on the foil in Charles...
We loved our Bosch, but most of their other appliances do not have the same reputation that their dishwashers do. When it was time to remodel, we wanted matching appliances, so we went with KitchenAid. The KitchenAid dishwasher has been comparable to the Bosch as far as quality and performance. It is a little louder than the Bosch was, but it also cost a little less. I'd use either brand again.

Earning every penny of that moderator paycheck.

DBAP
Re: OT.... New dishwasher question [Re: not_a_charger] #2858409
12/11/20 10:19 AM
12/11/20 10:19 AM
St. Louis, Missouri area
Cometstorm Offline OP
"Beat It"
Cometstorm  Offline OP
"Beat It"

St. Louis, Missouri area
Well, for better or worse we just ordered this one:

https://www.kitchenaid.com/major-ap...ith-freeflex-third-rack.kdtm404kps.html?

Our locally owned kitchen & bath company owner (40 plus years) just had a house built, and he went with this.

A good workhorse without a ton of bells and whistles.

I figure, if it’s good enough for him... up

Page 2 of 2 1 2