05/25/20 06:53 PM
05/25/20 06:53 PM
USA
K
Kippy Offline OP
Kippy  Offline OP
K

USA
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on installing new rocker panels on my 69 Sport Satellite.
The SS has its own rocker panels and the clips are unique to that panel only. The clips have two anchors and thereby require two holes per clip. I don't have the clips and they are hard to come by. My panels are not in the best of shape either
What I want to do is use panels from a satellite or RR which only require one hole per clip. Because my existing holes dont line up I have to drill new ones
I was thinking of covering the area with masking tape, holding the new panel in place and tracing it out on the tape and then using that as a reference. I could mark one hole at each end and use a chalk mark for the rest keeping them all in line.
Whats the best method to. use as I'm scared to be drill holes in my almost new paint job...............Thanks for the help

Re: Rocker panel install [Re: Kippy] #2778250
05/26/20 07:38 AM
05/26/20 07:38 AM
MI, Lapeer
M
maximus Offline
super stock
maximus  Offline
super stock
M

MI, Lapeer
I would use the same method you have in you post. Tape off the body and trace the rocker panel molding for location. Flip the clips so the pins (if they have pins) are facing you and align the clips so they are in center of the tracing of the molding. Drill holes and install clips. Everything should line up perfectly at this point. Good luck.

Re: Rocker panel install [Re: Kippy] #2778264
05/26/20 08:27 AM
05/26/20 08:27 AM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
I have a 69 SS and no way I could find clips to hold the molding but after you mark the tape I would drill holes in aluminum to make a template that wont stretch,bend.I put nutcerts in my rocker to make my own molding and screw it on what I make.Good luck!
ps:I figured out if you brake a plastic clip tou can make a wire spring clip that would go in the rocker hole like I said with the nutcert.

Last edited by Clanton; 05/26/20 10:00 AM.

GOTBOOST!New improved with Victor heads.
http://www.enginelabs.com/mopar-big-bloc...t-of-necessity/