05/30/20 11:59 AM
05/30/20 11:59 AM
north of coder
moparx Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline OP
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
it has been a couple of weeks since i have been able to get back to this tractor.

as i thought i had the "no-crank" problem traced finally to the ignition switch, i concentrated on seeing what i could find out what exactly was wrong with it.
after many times taking it apart and watching it go through it's motions, i discovered the plastic housing was distorting just enough to lift the internal contactor from the 12v feed strip in the start position.
one $8.99 universal three position metal ignition switch later, and it's ALIVE ! boogie

a GIANT Tip O the Hat to member Nitrousn for walking me through the myriad of safety switches involved with this tractor and their function, which prevented me from spending big bucks for things i didn't need !
THANK YOU SIR ! up bow punkrocka MOST GREATLY APPRECIATED !
beer

Re: cub cadet 3cyl diesel ? [Re: moparx] #2779741
05/30/20 01:05 PM
05/30/20 01:05 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Glad to hear you got it running and a cheap fix up
wave

Re: cub cadet 3cyl diesel ? [Re: moparx] #2779752
05/30/20 01:25 PM
05/30/20 01:25 PM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by moparx
it has been a couple of weeks since i have been able to get back to this tractor.

as i thought i had the "no-crank" problem traced finally to the ignition switch, i concentrated on seeing what i could find out what exactly was wrong with it.
after many times taking it apart and watching it go through it's motions, i discovered the plastic housing was distorting just enough to lift the internal contactor from the 12v feed strip in the start position.
one $8.99 universal three position metal ignition switch later, and it's ALIVE ! boogie

a GIANT Tip O the Hat to member Nitrousn for walking me through the myriad of safety switches involved with this tractor and their function, which prevented me from spending big bucks for things i didn't need !
THANK YOU SIR ! up bow punkrocka MOST GREATLY APPRECIATED !
beer

No problem at all. Once we took your blinders off, I was able to help you because you were willing to listen and look as instructed. Really not a complicated system just mis-understood. I owed you anyway for helping me on my car questions with your helpful photos.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3