Dang Dave! Just looking at your helmet gave me a headache! blush

While nothing like taking a concrete divider at 70 MPH, I took a pretty good blow to the head when I was 3 yrs old or so, I fell down a flight of stairs going down into a basement. The boiler at the bottom stopped me from tumbling any further.........last thing I remember seeing before a blue flash and waking up in the hospital was "Union made in Chicago" (seriously). blush Laugh if you must, but, it was a hard enough hit that it left a permanent indent. (I know, explains a lot too, huh?)

I was with my Mom this particular day when she went over to visit an Aunt. Part of the basement was properly finished off and used as a playroom for their kids. Their kids were big into GI Joes (remember the 12" tall ones? Those.) and I wanted to go down and play with them and I wasn't taking 'no' for an answer. As soon as my Mom turned her back for a moment, I made a break for the basement. I did OK until about the third step when I lost my grip on the handrail.......

It seems kinda weird that I remember the actual incident but nothing before or after so clearly 50 yrs later. eyes

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥