Milwaukee WI
T
TRENDZ Offline
master
TRENDZ  Offline
master
T

Milwaukee WI
Mcmaster carr has the washers. Type “torrington thrust” into the search function on their site.
Its been a while, but if I remember correctly, it is a 1/2” ID washer about .030” thick. Measure the thickness of the washer, have that amount removed from the intermediate drive gear wear surface, replace the block bushing.
Most gear wear happens when the bronze gear thrust surface/ bushing wear each other out. Once that happens, the gears are not meshing in the center as designed. The intermediate gear is low, and the gear mesh angles grind away at themselves.
The hardened steel washer prevents the similar metals from wearing, preventing all these problems. If

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"
Re: Belt driven oil pump [Re: TRENDZ] #2766586
04/21/20 08:15 AM
04/21/20 08:15 AM
Southington Ct.
T
turbobitt Offline
super stock
turbobitt  Offline
super stock
T

Southington Ct.
Originally Posted by TRENDZ
Mcmaster carr has the washers. Type “torrington thrust” into the search function on their site.
Its been a while, but if I remember correctly, it is a 1/2” ID washer about .030” thick. Measure the thickness of the washer, have that amount removed from the intermediate drive gear wear surface, replace the block bushing.
Most gear wear happens when the bronze gear thrust surface/ bushing wear each other out. Once that happens, the gears are not meshing in the center as designed. The intermediate gear is low, and the gear mesh angles grind away at themselves.
The hardened steel washer prevents the similar metals from wearing, preventing all these problems. If

Thanks for the info, parts ordered !!
AG

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.
Re: Belt driven oil pump [Re: turbobitt] #2766617
04/21/20 09:23 AM
04/21/20 09:23 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted by turbobitt
Originally Posted by TRENDZ

Thanks for the info, parts ordered !!
AG

Trendz gave the info so I wont bother.. it works.. that info works on both the BB and the SB
wave

Page 2 of 2 1 2