06/09/19 01:56 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by Sxrxrnr
Would not help raised brown letters. Tried this 3 years ago. Even tried grinding with a Dremel sander did nothing except grind the letters down. This brown bleeds up from the tire carcass, thru the letters and when hitting the outside atmospheric, turns brown like a day old avocado or a peeled apple.

The blue or green protective coating on brand new rwl’s, protects them until this coating is scrubbed off.

As the adage goes: “beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes clear to the bone”.

Using the complete chemistry lab of detailing and cleaning products in my garage,,,it is substantial,,,nothing works on these tires. If something works, you do not own these tires. You have tires manufactured before Michelin got their hamfisted paws on these tires.

From 3 years ago posting on topic

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2161193/Searchpage/1/Main/172528/Words/%2BGoodrich+%2Braised+%2Bwhite+%2Bletter+%2Btires/Search/true/re-bfg-ta.html#Post2161193

Go and get some TEC, only thing that will leach the brown from the letters

Re: Cleaning White Letter Tires [Re: DAYCLONA] #2664327
06/10/19 10:32 AM
06/10/19 10:32 AM
St. Louis, Mo
318 Stroker Offline
master
318 Stroker  Offline
master

St. Louis, Mo
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Would not help raised brown letters. Tried this 3 years ago. Even tried grinding with a Dremel sander did nothing except grind the letters down. This brown bleeds up from the tire carcass, thru the letters and when hitting the outside atmospheric, turns brown like a day old avocado or a peeled apple.

The blue or green protective coating on brand new rwl’s, protects them until this coating is scrubbed off.

Using the complete chemistry lab of detailing and cleaning products in my garage,,,it is substantial,,,nothing works on these tires. If something works, you do not own these tires. You have tires manufactured before Michelin got their hamfisted paws on these tires.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2161193/Searchpage/1/Main/172528/Words/%2BGoodrich+%2Braised+%2Bwhite+%2Bletter+%2Btires/Search/true/re-bfg-ta.html#Post2161193

Where can I buy TEC?

Re: Cleaning White Letter Tires [Re: 318 Stroker] #2664439
06/10/19 03:03 PM
06/10/19 03:03 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Originally Posted by 318 Stroker
Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Where can I buy TEC?

You can get TEC/ Trichlorethylene from any chemical supplier that supplies Industrial solvents/de-greasers, in my State I need a license/permit to purchase any quantity, but in the neighboring State I just drive in and can purchase up to 5 gals without a license/permit....if you decide to use it, clean just the white letters, as tri-chlor likes to dissolve rubber...

Page 2 of 2 1 2