Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: 64hemi330sedan] #265214
04/08/09 01:06 PM
04/08/09 01:06 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Couldn't agree more. I have been doing this NSS thing since before it became the movement that it is today....and my focus is still the same. Going rounds.

I could care less if you are faster than me, or whatever. You've still got to cut a light and run the number.

Although I admire the effort it takes to make some of these cars run the way they do, all it really proves is that someone else has either more money or a whole lot more time on their hands. Spending all my money or every waking minute working on my car is something that ran its course many, many, years ago.

So, I'll just keep plugging along with my old iron 426 inch Hemi with prehistoric parts, with my old SS spring antique Dodge and keep running my 10.80's, 10.90's, or whatever, try to run the number, and then sit in the shade, bs with other old geezers and await the next round. Maybe even poke the bear if I feel mischeivous.

So, you guys fight it out and I'll see you at the races. Dial 'em in and I'll race the winner.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Steve1118] #265215
04/08/09 02:03 PM
04/08/09 02:03 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. I have been doing this NSS thing since before it became the movement that it is today....and my focus is still the same. Going rounds.

I could care less if you are faster than me, or whatever. You've still got to cut a light and run the number.

Although I admire the effort it takes to make some of these cars run the way they do, all it really proves is that someone else has either more money or a whole lot more time on their hands. Spending all my money or every waking minute working on my car is something that ran its course many, many, years ago.

So, I'll just keep plugging along with my old iron 426 inch Hemi with prehistoric parts, with my old SS spring antique Dodge and keep running my 10.80's, 10.90's, or whatever, try to run the number, and then sit in the shade, bs with other old geezers and await the next round. Maybe even poke the bear if I feel mischeivous.

So, you guys fight it out and I'll see you at the races. Dial 'em in and I'll race the winner.

now there are hang me downs lol

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: 64hemi330sedan] #265216
04/08/09 03:19 PM
04/08/09 03:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I THINK.the real question is who has the most consistant package and who is the best driver.having the fastest car in a index class dont mean chit.flame on.lol!

I just like to go fast, I do not see anything wrong with that..That's why this is a good class you can run as fast/slow as you want and still compete...

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265217
04/08/09 04:22 PM
04/08/09 04:22 PM
Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Dragula Offline
I Live Here
Dragula  Offline
I Live Here

Taxes & Virus's R-US, NY
Buddy of mines street car....

[image][/image]

'70 Cuda,...605 EFI Hemi Street Car (6.20 best pass, 1.33 60ft)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw6RA-k5Bk (6.25 at 108.75mph from inside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQEb9uxFng (6.25 at 108mph from outside car)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCvfzsC4NgM (9.9)

'66 Barracuda AWB Stretched nose Blown 440 Car in build stage

'71 Duster Drag Car 400 Low Deck 512 best 6.002 at 115.44mph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znuo3jMUXTk
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265218
04/08/09 04:49 PM
04/08/09 04:49 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

I THINK.the real question is who has the most consistant package and who is the best driver.having the fastest car in a index class dont mean chit.flame on.lol!

I just like to go fast, I do not see anything wrong with that..That's why this is a good class you can run as fast/slow as you want and still compete...

i love to go fast and i think im very consistent from run to run. im within a few hundreds to vthousandths every pass. i also like to win.
alot of guys go 12.0's or high 11.0 in our nss class and ive been there years ago and find that not to be too fun and pretty boring. i like a challenge so i will keep building my junk faster and faster.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: ro23car] #265219
04/08/09 05:06 PM
04/08/09 05:06 PM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
Quote:

Quote:

Enough !!! What was the subject of this post? Let me remind all you folks.

"Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US?"

My nephew wants to play in Yankee Stadium and wants to use his Aluminum Bat. What? He can't it's against the MLB rules? I guess I'll just post that MLB sucks and the rules are a joke blah blah blah. I guess one of you keyboard jockeys are thinking posting a Yankees Suck post after mine because that would be contributing in your own way. Go ahead be that guy.

That is what this forum has become. Do I enjoy coming here? Absolutely and for the purpose of seeing a subject and simply posting if I have an answer. You folks that post smilies as your answer are a f'n joke. The Moparts rules should be re-written and the Mods should go on a deleting spree. Nothing relative in the subject....? delete.

How many Nostalgia Super Stock organizations are there in the US? Can anyone answer that? I am a part of NENDRA and that does not count since we are a Nostalgia Drag Racing Association. Fills the void for those that don't want to race with Heavy Eliminator cars or fit the rules of Stock/Super Stock. Not everyone has or wants a Nostalgia S/S car and not everyone can race in a FAST class. That is why we started and built our rules. To be NSS in appearance and far enough away from a straight up Bracket Racing group. Nowhere in our mission is there any record of mirroring NMCA or any other true Super Stock Organization. Those rules are as dedicated and defined as the NHRA rulebook as they should be.

This subject should have been 1 page, 2 tops. All you "legends" could have posted the fastest you know or have seen. But then the debate ensues. SSR is the one that gets pissed on since most of you folks have created the alter-persona. BG stated it already. You folks are the ones that have the idea that SSR is the one to try and be the attn wh**e.

I guess, working hard, having a family, owning a nice home or two, having 10 or more Mopar toys as a celebration of your hard work is apparently a threat to you folks. If you think you work just as hard as another and you have one car or even just a Cuda that keeps blowing up engines is something you want to be proud of, so be it. We want to hear about it an celebrate with you and enjoy the common passions.

I am no Moparts Keyboard Queen. You have an issue with me, my phone number is a request away. Do any of you know me? If I started this post and SSR did not post any comment, would this even have carried on? I am known when this crap starts up to post long novels. Posts like this are what make Moparts become more and more of a joke to the internet community.

If I see any icon of a yawn, when someone states their opinion, that is just straight up disrespect. We know the 8 3/4 issues are felt by some to always be Quick to blowup at the Tree jokes, tattoo jokes, the steak jokes, the $61 dollar jokes. Post an icon about it. How about not feeding those folks. I will not mention names in my post and you folks should fiaguire out who the negative members are. You folks laugh and joke about the mods and disappearing posts. If I was a mod, this post would be 8 posts deep with actual responses to the damn question. Then all you keyboard racers would be complaining about "what happened to my post or my post count is so low" Or the best yet. Posting how your post about another post has been deleted. Are you serious? That is No Joke or laughing matter. It is rediculous and is my opinion on that subject. Post a thumbs up icon as your next post. Have at it.

I am guilty of posting this long response since I am being hypocritical and not posting my knowledge to the subject. But you folks are the ones that are regular contributors of knowledge and crap all in one day.

My email box and PM box are empty if you want to be disrespectful or praise my opinion. I invite you to comment to me directly anytime either positive or negative.

Do your duty to Moparts, its members, and its Advertisers, and start slimming down the crap and start a new trend of making this internet portal a community of Mopar opinion, knowledge, and passion.
- Jason Heintz - DrJay0

keep your pants on big boy im not sure but i didnt see the post poice badge in your siggy besides that its good to let pepole remember the past as long as it was good

Hey ro23car,
Have you been out of the country and missed all the previous posts that led up to quoted post by drjay0?
That was done to clear the air and NOW it's been OK for the past week with interesting, informative info and banter. Don't stir it up and ruin it for those that are having a good time on this thread...
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself"- a quote from my Mom

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: actionange] #265220
04/08/09 06:07 PM
04/08/09 06:07 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Being consistant is good,going rounds is good,winning is good but going fast and showboating is much gooder and fun to Ah heck it's all great,racing and being around good people.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: B G Racing] #265221
04/08/09 06:20 PM
04/08/09 06:20 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Being consistant is good,going rounds is good,winning is good but going fast and showboating is much gooder and fun to Ah heck it's all great,racing and being around good people.

BG i miss you so much.!!!

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265222
04/08/09 06:32 PM
04/08/09 06:32 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

BG i miss you so much.!!!

How can that be,I hear your whinney voice in my sleep,and every once in a while I get the wispy smell of fish I'am putting your number on block on my office phone When I'am having a crap day at work and I can't see how things can get any worse,you call.Then I know it will all get better,cause that the worse it can get.Just kidding,I enjoy the of a mad man,Fred's calls however really disturbe me His calls usually come from another planet

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: tatrwedge] #265223
04/08/09 09:03 PM
04/08/09 09:03 PM
Addison,IL
OUTLAWSSAA Offline
super stock
OUTLAWSSAA  Offline
super stock

Addison,IL
Quote:

It takes more than a big motor to go fast they will find out ask Jim Fuller with the tatrwedge car he has a 622 ci.that runs in the 9.20's

Ya Paul,this post is the best entertainment I've seen in awhile.These guys throw around 8 sec.ET's like water.If you think a big motor and a boat load of money is going to guarantee you 8 sec time slips,your in for a big suprise.There are racers on this post that have big motors already that aren't even close to 8 sec passes.People just don't understand how much work,trial and error and endless test & tune runs it takes to actually get these cars to run consistently in the 8's.Sure when I decided to make the car run in the 8's I knew the car would't be as consistent as a 10 or 11 sec car,but that's the nature of the beast,that's the challenge.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: actionange] #265224
04/09/09 12:27 AM
04/09/09 12:27 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Enough !!! What was the subject of this post? Let me remind all you folks.

"Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US?"

My nephew wants to play in Yankee Stadium and wants to use his Aluminum Bat. What? He can't it's against the MLB rules? I guess I'll just post that MLB sucks and the rules are a joke blah blah blah. I guess one of you keyboard jockeys are thinking posting a Yankees Suck post after mine because that would be contributing in your own way. Go ahead be that guy.

That is what this forum has become. Do I enjoy coming here? Absolutely and for the purpose of seeing a subject and simply posting if I have an answer. You folks that post smilies as your answer are a f'n joke. The Moparts rules should be re-written and the Mods should go on a deleting spree. Nothing relative in the subject....? delete.

How many Nostalgia Super Stock organizations are there in the US? Can anyone answer that? I am a part of NENDRA and that does not count since we are a Nostalgia Drag Racing Association. Fills the void for those that don't want to race with Heavy Eliminator cars or fit the rules of Stock/Super Stock. Not everyone has or wants a Nostalgia S/S car and not everyone can race in a FAST class. That is why we started and built our rules. To be NSS in appearance and far enough away from a straight up Bracket Racing group. Nowhere in our mission is there any record of mirroring NMCA or any other true Super Stock Organization. Those rules are as dedicated and defined as the NHRA rulebook as they should be.

This subject should have been 1 page, 2 tops. All you "legends" could have posted the fastest you know or have seen. But then the debate ensues. SSR is the one that gets pissed on since most of you folks have created the alter-persona. BG stated it already. You folks are the ones that have the idea that SSR is the one to try and be the attn wh**e.

I guess, working hard, having a family, owning a nice home or two, having 10 or more Mopar toys as a celebration of your hard work is apparently a threat to you folks. If you think you work just as hard as another and you have one car or even just a Cuda that keeps blowing up engines is something you want to be proud of, so be it. We want to hear about it an celebrate with you and enjoy the common passions.

I am no Moparts Keyboard Queen. You have an issue with me, my phone number is a request away. Do any of you know me? If I started this post and SSR did not post any comment, would this even have carried on? I am known when this crap starts up to post long novels. Posts like this are what make Moparts become more and more of a joke to the internet community.

If I see any icon of a yawn, when someone states their opinion, that is just straight up disrespect. We know the 8 3/4 issues are felt by some to always be Quick to blowup at the Tree jokes, tattoo jokes, the steak jokes, the $61 dollar jokes. Post an icon about it. How about not feeding those folks. I will not mention names in my post and you folks should fiaguire out who the negative members are. You folks laugh and joke about the mods and disappearing posts. If I was a mod, this post would be 8 posts deep with actual responses to the damn question. Then all you keyboard racers would be complaining about "what happened to my post or my post count is so low" Or the best yet. Posting how your post about another post has been deleted. Are you serious? That is No Joke or laughing matter. It is rediculous and is my opinion on that subject. Post a thumbs up icon as your next post. Have at it.

I am guilty of posting this long response since I am being hypocritical and not posting my knowledge to the subject. But you folks are the ones that are regular contributors of knowledge and crap all in one day.

My email box and PM box are empty if you want to be disrespectful or praise my opinion. I invite you to comment to me directly anytime either positive or negative.

Do your duty to Moparts, its members, and its Advertisers, and start slimming down the crap and start a new trend of making this internet portal a community of Mopar opinion, knowledge, and passion.
- Jason Heintz - DrJay0

keep your pants on big boy im not sure but i didnt see the post poice badge in your siggy besides that its good to let pepole remember the past as long as it was good

Hey ro23car,
Have you been out of the country and missed all the previous posts that led up to quoted post by drjay0?
That was done to clear the air and NOW it's been OK for the past week with interesting, informative info and banter. Don't stir it up and ruin it for those that are having a good time on this thread...
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep it to yourself"- a quote from my Mom

ya i did read the other post's and i tell you mommy that i am an american and have been for a while hmmmmmmmm 50 years anyway and i do have a right to my opinon weather you or your mommy like it or not and it also seems that you and your mommy's comments are the ony ones saying anything about what i wrote oh btw why dont you post a pic on your nss car nad that is my good day

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: ro23car] #265225
04/09/09 01:08 AM
04/09/09 01:08 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Hope you all have great years. I also wish all the best in the pursuit to have the fastest NSS in the country. Sounds like SSRacer will have a plenty stout piece when he gets it out. Hopefully he will get his 8 and be up there with the fastest in the class.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Al_Alguire] #265226
04/09/09 07:04 AM
04/09/09 07:04 AM
anywhere@ anytime
A
actionange Offline
top fuel
actionange  Offline
top fuel
A

anywhere@ anytime
ro23car- here's a pic of my NSS car.
Not the fastest or quickest but one of the most consistent. My "mommy" and I are older than you and we're both Americans too, so does our opinion count more?
Have a great racing season wherever you are and whatever you race....and if you're ever in the Northeast shoot me an email so we can
Ange

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: actionange] #265227
04/09/09 08:32 AM
04/09/09 08:32 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

ro23car- here's a pic of my NSS car.
Not the fastest or quickest but one of the most consistent. My "mommy" and I are older than you and we're both Americans too, so does our opinion count more?
Have a great racing season wherever you are and whatever you race....and if you're ever in the Northeast shoot me an email so we can
Ange

nope i valuue your opion the same as i do mine thats one of the great things about being an american and if i ever get to your side of the country ill take you up on your offer and the same offer is extended to you if your ever out my way btw nice car

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: B G Racing] #265228
04/11/09 12:36 PM
04/11/09 12:36 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

so i was talking yesterday again regarding the fastest NSS car around and it was brought to my attention that there were pictures of so called fastest NSS cars doing burnouts,etc, but still no pictures of the engine compartments,or any videos seeing 8 second runs to back it up.
what i was hearing is these cars going 8's are using tunnelrams and dominators,
can anyone show me a true 8 second engine compartment in a NSS car.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265229
04/11/09 03:06 PM
04/11/09 03:06 PM
T
TMP66 Offline
super stock
TMP66  Offline
super stock
T

Quote:

can anyone tell me who's going the fastest in a Nostalgia Super Stock car running a crossram in the US?
id like to hear ET's and MPH
if they could back it up with a video or a time slip.
im curious how many low 9 second and 8 second car are out there.

I don't know if it was mentioned in the almost 300 replys, but....

I have yet to see a NSS class have a shipping weight to rated horsepower or at least a cubic inch to weight rule to determine class, A/NSS-B/NSS etc. (any of these associations have that?) There is no true yard stick to measure performance in a class that is 'anything goes' beyond an intake and carbs that is era like.
Weighing the buckets of money spent and compairing ET/MPH would be a better way to determine performance.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: TMP66] #265230
04/11/09 07:08 PM
04/11/09 07:08 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

can anyone post a picture of a 8 second or low 9 second engine compartment with a crossram and a set of carter carbs for nss? this will constitute a true nss car at least for mopar, pontiac,
simple question here!!
so far i havent seen one yet.

Last edited by SUPERSTOCKRACER; 04/11/09 08:29 PM.
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265231
04/11/09 07:17 PM
04/11/09 07:17 PM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Lens car that jake drives has carter carbs. They might not have a pic to prove it to you, but they do.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: HemiDart68] #265232
04/12/09 12:10 PM
04/12/09 12:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

i know lens car must have the edelbrocks or carters since jake set up my carbs with dual inlets. hes the one explaining how to get the carbs not to run out of fuel at the WOT.
id like to see some of these fast NSS cars engine compartments. maybe just maybe some of them are stretching the rules a little,and dont want to get caught.
paul habura and gary jacobs show me your engine bays!!!!! DON'T BE SHY!!

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: OUTLAWSSAA] #265233
04/12/09 08:21 PM
04/12/09 08:21 PM
IL.USA
T
tatrwedge Offline
tatrwedge  Offline
T

IL.USA
Don here's a pic of our 63 max wedge motor

5160571-DSC06478.JPG (66 downloads)
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19