04/01/09 10:46 AM
04/01/09 10:46 AM
Ohio
racerAL Offline
mopar
racerAL  Offline
mopar

Ohio
Shouldn't the name of the thread really be "who's willing to spend the most $ to go index racing"...because thats what this is all about...600 inch engines...B1 heads..?? not very nostalgic to me..imo..but thats ok because thats what is great about our hobby,it takes all kinds..i plan on racin every NSS race i can get to this summer..i have just a few things to finish up and my car will be nss leagal...but i have a feeling that some of us do it for different reasons...i do it because i dig the CARS..to me thats what it's about..not who's the fastest but more about the cars and the life style and being with family and friends.SSR it seems to me that your in the wrong type of racin--maybe you should stop messn around with all these slow cars and try your hand at some real S/S racin..maybe something like a SS/AH car..i mean your obviously got the coin,and seem willing to spend it.I'm sure some of the heavy hitters over there will match you $ for $...and speaking of SS/AH wouldn't that be the answer to the original thread ..i think CW has went 8.38 ..now i'm not sure but i would have to assume that his SS/AH CUDA is surly NSS leagl..they would probably put it in AFX but thats a croc...it's a S/S ...no doubt about it....2 WEEKS TIL FIRST RACE...GOD IT'S BEEN A LOOONNNGGG WINTER..see ya at the races..

-1967 Plymouth Satellite #3555
446 cid on E-85
best 1/4 et 10.577 @ 127.58
best 1/8 et 6.722 @ 100.68
best 60ft. 1.419
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Al_Alguire] #265075
04/01/09 11:06 AM
04/01/09 11:06 AM
Dunedin, Fl
DRDart Offline
mopar addict
DRDart  Offline
mopar addict

Dunedin, Fl
Quote:

Quote:

Group hug, Can't we all be friends

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Toooooo! funny right there

[image]http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/DrDart500/DSC00307.jpg 1966 Charger 1970 Dart 16-1,solid roller,500 ci Tunnel Ram 8" Ati conv,BTE glide, Fab 9 rear strange center sect. Twin Rons terminators on Alky.
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: DRDart] #265076
04/01/09 02:59 PM
04/01/09 02:59 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

still we are talking apple to apples, no single 4 bbls, no wheel tubs, no sheet metal intakes and a 10" tire with no 4 link suspension.
dont you guys get it yet??
im not saying i got the fastest car out there, you are all getting bent out of shape for no reason here.
bashing, belittleing each other isnt the MO here, i think this is a very interesting thread who likes nostalgia super stock racing, thats it in a nutshell.
why am i bad for asking this? its all fun till race season starts so if you like bashing, keep it up,its all good!!!
BTW in a few months i will get that 8 second time slip on a 10" tire and a indy crossram intake and no wheelie bars. i love the challenge.
im not happy if i cant improve my ride yearly, thats the fun, i think all of you are always trying to go faster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sn3zGG_aQ

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265077
04/01/09 03:20 PM
04/01/09 03:20 PM
North of Detroit
HemiDart68 Offline
master
HemiDart68  Offline
master

North of Detroit
Quote:

still we are talking apple to apples, no single 4 bbls, no wheel tubs, no sheet metal intakes and a 10" tire with no 4 link suspension.
im not saying i got the fastest car out there, you are all getting bent out of shape for no reason here.
bashing, belittleing each other isnt the MO here, i think this is a very interesting thread who likes nostalgia super stock racing, thats it in a nutshell.
why am i bad for asking this? its all fun till race season starts so if you like bashing, keep it up,its all good!!!
BTW in a few months i will get that 8 second time slip on a 10" tire and a indy crossram intake and no wheelie bars. i love the challenge.
im not happy if i cant improve my ride yearly, thats the fun, i think all of you are always trying to go faster!

I think your not getting it. If you narrow it down by every option of course you will be the fastest, but it doesnt make it a huge accomplishment. For example I have the fastest Black 64 plymouth sheet metal intake hemi car with red wheels on the planet earth. Apples to apples no one is faster. Your origional question of who's got the fastest NSS car in the US was answered, with quite a few cars that are faster then yours. You can try and twist the facts any way you like, but bottom line there are alot of cars that are legal to run in that class, that have gone faster.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265078
04/01/09 03:48 PM
04/01/09 03:48 PM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
In my opinion, some folks are missing the point. The first name of the class we all love is NOSTALGIA. If we leave that part out, we do not stay true to the roots. Why are there so few cars running steelies, Cragars, and American's? Why not run an old cable drive tachometer with a vintage distributor? Those are the kind of parts that a lot of fans really get drawn to at an event. The era of the car is dated by the newest visible piece...but the beauty is...we can have both. The guy with the traditional car running 12's can race against your 8 and 9 second machines. He can also get a chance to run against legends like Ken Montgomery, Jack Werst, and Jerry Stein (to name a couple).

It's beautiful because we run in one of the few classes of bracket cars out there that get top billing. We race for relatively large purses at tracks that are enthusiastic about us being there. There is room for all of us to play. You can run an open trailer-transported, vintage piece against a well-funded, and well sorted out race car that is supported by a double deck "Toter-home" transporter. We have some of the most unique and interesting cars at the track, because they are not like everyone else's.

The one rule that was a staple from the inception of the class was that all cars must run dual carbed big blocks and the carbs had to be the original manufacturer's style. They had to be mounted to a cast iron manifold of factory or aftermarket design. Sheet-metal was out. Other than that...have at it. I'm glad so many ideas are out there. it makes it interesting at the races. See you at Mason Dixon. Be safe.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: HemiDart68] #265079
04/01/09 05:29 PM
04/01/09 05:29 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

I think your not getting it. If you narrow it down by every option of course you will be the fastest, but it doesnt make it a huge accomplishment. For example I have the fastest Black 64 plymouth sheet metal intake hemi car with red wheels on the planet earth. Apples to apples no one is faster. Your origional question of who's got the fastest NSS car in the US was answered, with quite a few cars that are faster then yours. You can try and twist the facts any way you like, but bottom line there are alot of cars that are legal to run in that class, that have gone faster.

going by the ECNSSA rules where i started my Nostalgia racing years ago the rules were very strict and under know circumstances was a sheetmetal intake and no bigger than a 10.5 tire was allowed.
not my rules but the rules of the association.
you can bash me anyway you like and it feels good believe it or not. im feeling the love.
NENDRA rules are much more liberal and your car would be allowed to run even though the midwest guys wont drag their buttts to the east coast.
the east coasters always have to travel to ohio, never once have i seen a ohio guy come to the east coast to race at atco, or etown or lebanon valley and take in that mind shaft air.

i will be at beaver springs this july, maybe you'll show up and see what a east coast feels like.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265080
04/01/09 05:40 PM
04/01/09 05:40 PM
Yes
S
sixpakdodge Offline
master
sixpakdodge  Offline
master
S

Yes
Quote:

NENDRA rules are much more liberal and your car would be allowed to run even though the midwest guys wont drag their buttts to the east coast.
the east coasters always have to travel to ohio, never once have i seen a ohio guy come to the east coast to race at atco, or etown or lebanon valley and take in that mind shaft air.

i will be at beaver springs this july, maybe you'll show up and see what a east coast feels like.

Beings that most run for the index and there are so many tracks in the midwest, why haul out to the east coast?

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: sixpakdodge] #265081
04/01/09 06:05 PM
04/01/09 06:05 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Beings that most run for the index and there are so many tracks in the midwest, why haul out to the east coast?

its called variety, running the same tracks year after year gets boring plus it spices up the competition.
i wanted to see the difference between the midwest racers and the east coasters and the different cars.
i was impressed with all the ladder bar cars when i came to quaker city,ohio.
i wasnt into the transbrake racing as i dont feel it fits into the nostalgia super stock era.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265082
04/01/09 07:02 PM
04/01/09 07:02 PM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
It appears you've never been to a NMCA race at Maple Grove or Atco. You've also never been to a race at Cecil Co. with the now defunct NSCA. The majority of the NSS racers at all of these events were from places other than the east coast. Many were from Ohio & Indiana with some from as far away as Texas.

Kurt Neighbor and Skip Koester both of Ohio have raced with the 422 Motorsports group in the past also.

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: smalltyredart67] #265083
04/01/09 09:56 PM
04/01/09 09:56 PM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

wow, just wow!some nobody who's never done anything but brag about what he's got and what it's GONNA do is now setting the standards by what everybody elses car is judged by. That's good comedy.Before you start telling me and everyone else how much money and houses and cars you have and how tough you are, I don't have anything to brag about: small house, low budget car, and I don't claim to be tough. But I am friends with Paul Habura,and he would love to meet you at a neutral track between chicago and whereever it is that you sit behind your computer (with the picture of yourself pinned to the monitor) and stroke your ego about what you're Gonna do.
Please now threaten to beat me up or impress us some other manly way or meet at track and race and stop giving excuses why the other cars are faster than you.

smalltyredart
jeff r

Well I think my frind can beat up your frind You guys crack me up Where does this thread say that SSR HAS the fastest car????This is not a high school popularity contest and Chris ain't the prom king,but your startin' to sound like the prom queen.Most of us share info and post pic's of our junk.The fact that SUPERSTOCKRACER has several really nice cars and does well for himself seems to bother alot of folks here on MOPARTS.There are also many of us who know him personally and see him for the straight shooter that he is.He don't sugar coat it and will not take gruff from anyone {except the bear }If someone throws it,IT get blown back at em. Most of us have a hard time maintaining 1 car How would you take care of 10?????? It's been a long hard winter and we're all itchin' to get out and race. We have certainly enjoyed ALL THE DRAM_A to keep us occupied during the cold monthes.It's not like we did not find out zilch,nada or zero about some jealous individuals,or others that jump on the bash wagon or just like to .Alot of you have some really awsome,very fast cars and I compliment you. When it comes down to it,The CURT CLASSIC and Beaver Springs will be alot of fun this year. Forget about the trophy,braggin rights are at stake here!! sidenote,,,,,,,,carefull with those 1800-flower receipts

Last edited by hemi-itis; 04/02/09 12:25 AM.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: racerAL] #265084
04/01/09 10:11 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Online laugh2
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Online laugh2
I Live Here

Las Vegas

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: hemi-itis] #265085
Rock Springs
Bob_Coomer Offline
master
Bob_Coomer  Offline
master

Rock Springs
It doesnt matter, I will have the fastest NSS car in the country
Dem Ferds better run for cover
On a serious note I hope to be sub 9.50's which will take some hard core dieting.
Nothing Fancy about my rig, even down to the leaf springs/Cal tracks, and Cable drive tach.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: hemi-itis] #265086
04/01/09 10:34 PM
04/01/09 10:34 PM
S
smalltyredart67 Offline
mopar
smalltyredart67  Offline
mopar
S

who are you his body guard or chief of staff or his older brother here to stick up for him? I wasn't talking to or about you, and if I thought you should have an opinion, I would've given you mine. are you here just to stir the pot more or are you going to add more nit picking and excuses why he can't run with the big dogs?

smalltyredart
jeff

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: smalltyredart67] #265087
04/02/09 12:21 AM
04/02/09 12:21 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

who are you his body guard or chief of staff or his older brother here to stick up for him? I wasn't talking to or about you, and if I thought you should have an opinion, I would've given you mine. are you here just to stir the pot more or are you going to add more nit picking and excuses why he can't run with the big dogs?

smalltyredart
jeff

Are you one of the big dogs?,,,,,,,,or do you just need the doctor to adjust your dosage ???Your opinion is like an ear lobe,,,,everybody has a few. Relax yourself there jeffy boy,you just add to the entertainment.And yes,I am chef of staff

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: hemi-itis] #265088
04/02/09 01:23 AM
04/02/09 01:23 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

smalltyredart
jeff

Are you one of the big dogs?,,,,,,,,or do you just need the doctor to adjust your dosage ???Your opinion is like an ear lobe,,,,everybody has a few. Relax yourself there jeffy boy,you just add to the entertainment.And yes,I am chef of staff

If you guys didn't realize it by now Hemi-itis is SSR little *itch.... I think he has him on the payroll to follow him around like a dog and take pictures of his cars when he is at the track. Pretty sad that he has made nothing but enemies on here and on the track since he has no true friends left. Money will never buy you happiness just remember that.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U #265089
04/02/09 06:24 AM
04/02/09 06:24 AM
Westbury, NY
C
cowbay Offline
enthusiast
cowbay  Offline
enthusiast
C

Westbury, NY
I think everybody needs to take a time out here. Can't we all play nice in the sandbox The season is about to begin and everybody can lay it out on the track instead of on the board to see who's wee wee is the biggest.

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" original author unknown, used by Gene Adams and Don Garlits among others
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U #265090
04/02/09 07:07 AM
04/02/09 07:07 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

smalltyredart
jeff

If you guys didn't realize it by now Hemi-itis is SSR little *itch.... I think he has him on the payroll to follow him around like a dog and take pictures of his cars when he is at the track. Pretty sad that he has made nothing but enemies on here and on the track since he has no true friends left. Money will never buy you happiness just remember that.

And speakin' of DOGS,are you still using the same flower service???We know $$$$$ won't buy happiness,you have neither.I am acually surprised that you have been able to hold on to the engine.Figured their would be a lein on it for non payment.

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: hemi-itis] #265091
04/02/09 08:35 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
There's one thing I haven't seen in this post. It appears to be difficult to win with a 9.50 or quicker N/SS car. Not impossible, difficult. These cars were never designed to go this quick. There heavy, unaerodynamic, long wheelbase, and nose heavy. My new car will not be the quickest. My goal is to competitive in the low 9 second zone. Old style wheels, pushbutton trans, stock style interior, factory style scoop. The bad part, Indy manifold, motor plate, tubs, and ladder bars. All of these cars are comprised with some modern parts. Not many are running points ignition, tapered axles, ball and trunion trans, not to mention 7" slicks. This is a fun and competitive class. Great group of racers. Not to many venues where you can run w/o a trans brake with smaller tires on a limited budget. Check out the reaction times and E.T.s. It's easy to see how close you have to be to go the top of the heap. I hope to be testing by the end of the summer. Then I'm looking to put you guys on the trailer, and have a beer with you afterwards. And as always ,if your broke before we run, come see me and I'll help you get it fixed.
Doug

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: hemi-itis] #265092
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Dr Jeckel or Mr Hide?Or the lonest running hoax leading up the April Fools Day.Having met,raced and done business with SSR(Chris)I can honestly say that the guy I know is not like what he projects on the site.He carrys the personna of a Eddie( Elvis) on the keyboard.In real life he is a great guy that is friendly out going and riot to be around.Fred,I and the BGR crew got to hang out with him and Hemities(Al) all weekend at the All Hemi Reunion in Salem Ohio.We all had a great time.Same went For Elvis after all the crap on this site,we and many other Moparts members met Elvis at Norwalk and had a great time.I consider both Chris And Elvis to be my friends and keep in touch with them privately.Then again maybe There's something wrong with me,every stray dog that come up my driveway calls my place home.Like Eddie,love or hate Chris,they both know how to and get a long running thread with tons of hits and replys.They maybe just a couple attention who-es

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the U [Re: dvw] #265093
04/02/09 09:00 AM
04/02/09 09:00 AM
Harleysville, PA USA
T
Tommy D Offline
mopar
Tommy D  Offline
mopar
T

Harleysville, PA USA
Doug,

I'd love to see pictures of the project. It sounds cool. As far as being hard to win in N/SS with a fast car...It seems to be true. When you consider the max allowable tire for the class is 10.5" and some of the cars are running well into the 9's or faster, it leaves a lot of room for error. Tire spin is a major negative factor in a bracket race. It's not just off the line, but once going down the track, the tires will still lose grip even if they are not up in smoke. Any variation from time trials will, likely land you on the trailer.

I ran a bunch of races with the 422 guys last year. Their cars all run 9's or better, as do some other cars in the group. I'm pretty sure they did not win one of the 8 races we ran last year. The cars that won were all running in the 10's or slower. Cliff Sebring ran away with the class winning at least two events in his 12.0 wagon. One race was won by a mid-10 second '66 Chevelle, '68 Mustang, '65 Plymouth, '69 AMX etc. All these cars are slow compared to a bunch on this post. The thing about it is we all have to load up buy gas and get to the track. If you are truly interested in winning, take some HP out of it to make it more consistent. If you are out to have fun and run a good number...have at it. It's not to say the fast cars can't win, but they are definately at a disadvantage...unless us slobies red-light.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19