03/26/09 08:38 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

The Nastalgia Super Stock, Inc. Club will have the fastest cars in the country this year.

Come and watch!!!!!

need more information ,its too vague.im intrigued
ill be stepping up my junk a bit and still be within the guidelines of a true NSS car.
think you spell it NOSTALGIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApRw9pwDtMQ

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #264995
03/26/09 08:39 PM
03/26/09 08:39 PM
M
MIKECS Offline
enthusiast
MIKECS  Offline
enthusiast
M

I race with the club.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: MIKECS] #264996
03/26/09 08:42 PM
03/26/09 08:42 PM
M
MIKECS Offline
enthusiast
MIKECS  Offline
enthusiast
M

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #264997
03/26/09 08:54 PM
03/26/09 08:54 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Thats your opinion. They were legal in the now defunct NSCA. You started your own deal so you'd be king of your sandbox. Cool for you...

None of their cars run on alcohol by the way. They tried it with the injected Comet and went back to gas. They also run 10.5w slicks.

By the way did you ever clear up the thread you started over on YB? There were some people looking for answers over there. Just a simple question....

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa65MxjQcGU

There are more on Youtube if you look.....This one is over a year old. The wagon is faster now.

http://www.nostalgiasuperstock.com/club_rules.htm

http://www.422motorsports.com/All%20Stars%20Rules.htm

The NSCA rules were basicaly the same as those above. Hoodscoop can be up to a 5" opening. I can't tell from these photos how big those hoodscoops are but looks close to 5" to me.

422 motorsports rules arent complient to the rules of a true NSS cars, they are allowing alcohol and modern front suspension for a/fx and ultra cars which disqualifies them from being a true NSS car.thats a different class.
looks like they are running a bigger than 10.5 rear slick.

422 motorsports are the king to setting up there own rules.
id look forward to racing you as well, either with my hemi or wedge
maybe beaver springs,
keep running your mouth about your knowledge of true nostalgia SS cars, apparently you dont know as much as you think.
keep running that flat tappet $5.00 cam. thats a true goal i want to achieve.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #264998
03/26/09 09:23 PM
03/26/09 09:23 PM
nj pine beach
D
dart9ss Offline
enthusiast
dart9ss  Offline
enthusiast
D

nj pine beach
Can You feel the Love!! what a waste of electricity with this subject!! Can I palay in your sand box??

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #264999
03/26/09 11:15 PM
03/26/09 11:15 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

nope i dont have any videos but i have personnally watch these cars race. they are fast... i was stunned when i saw that fire and faith wagon go 8.99 at columbus last year.

but here are some pics for you!

this is that beautiful canadian hemi car hemidart68 was talking about... NOT NSS LEGAL

these are the ones running at the Columbus CC event last year.

Casey

Casey as you see by those pictures you put up, those hood scoops are telling the tale that they are not legal NSS cars.
as Gary stated they are pushing the rules a little too much.
anyone have pictures of those motors,
as we delve deeper into this its showing me more and more that the whompin wedge,gary jacobs car,as well is way up there on the ladder as a fast NSS car!
im just trying to prove a point here,
my engine builder and myself got talking about this very heavily and he made a valid point that you here about all these fast cars out there but no one can post a video to prove these cars are legit.
you can talk all you want but when push comes to shove there arent as many TRUE NSS cars out there going in the 8's or low 9's.
if you guys can prove me wrong, heres the chance to put up the numbers or show me a video,
its called bragging rights.

Well Chris your point is well taken on "Limits"
I got myself in a nice argument about allowing "FX" rules in with NSS at the Chrysler Classic Events...I wanted to race my "Wild Wedge" 63' Savoy...Not many liked that idea since it has a 4-link, huge wheel tubs, not much K-frame and a rack modified front end...So this is what I did..I switched to my 65' "Whompin Wedge" Coronet...It has ladder bars, 10.5x30 tires, stock rear wheel tubs...Uncut stock K-frame.Stock steering. Stock steel fenders and hood...Stock front bench seat and rear seat.. All window glass stock..I would think that this car would be as NSS legal as it can get...I will see how fast I can get it to go...Your car is the same deal, So we should know if they can go an 8 soon...I would bet somebody will say our cars are not legal for some reason or another...

5121920-coronet099.jpg (50 downloads)
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265000
03/27/09 02:52 AM
03/27/09 02:52 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBs9RivBZ8w

That is crazy Larry quinns pontiac.... a NMCA legal car (so is keepin the faith by the way) a video I found on youtube. this car is cool and a pontiac none the less... its legal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBVeSEU7RQ&feature=related

Grinwalds car, fastest MOPAR car on the grounds at Monster Mopar NSS. 8.90's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBVeSEU7RQ&feature=related

I cant find a video of Habura's car I know there is one tho. His car is legal it may be a 605 but it has a crossram stock k-frame, stock steering. Its a LADDER bar car. He is allowed a 5inch scoop, we will have one eventually. Pick away at these cars all you want but I garantee each one will pass NSS tech.

The 422 motorsports guys may push the rules, but they are still legal.

If you want a TRUE NSS class, it should be origanal style cross rams and leaf springs, steel rims, no fiberglass, no jericho's, no aluminum block or heads... etc (maybe stock?). The rules are what they are, and people build cars to fit these rules and they are legal. If i could have a 655 in a 3000 lb NSS car I would, and so would everyone else.

Casey

here is a video of Gary Jacob at Norwalk two years ago as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOLyjoARDII

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: OUTLAWSSAA] #265001
03/27/09 06:51 AM
03/27/09 06:51 AM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
Quote:

I guess it depends on your definition of nostalgia SS.Big tire,small tire?I ran an 8.57 in 1230 ft air.Good but not mine shaft.

Gee Don, you must not be cool enough to fit in with this gang.

Your car was the first one I thought of though.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265002
03/27/09 07:27 AM
03/27/09 07:27 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

Quote:

Thats your opinion. They were legal in the now defunct NSCA. You started your own deal so you'd be king of your sandbox. Cool for you...

None of their cars run on alcohol by the way. They tried it with the injected Comet and went back to gas. They also run 10.5w slicks.

By the way did you ever clear up the thread you started over on YB? There were some people looking for answers over there. Just a simple question....

Quote:

Quote:

There are more on Youtube if you look.....This one is over a year old. The wagon is faster now.

The NSCA rules were basicaly the same as those above. Hoodscoop can be up to a 5" opening. I can't tell from these photos how big those hoodscoops are but looks close to 5" to me.

422 motorsports rules arent complient to the rules of a true NSS cars, they are allowing alcohol and modern front suspension for a/fx and ultra cars which disqualifies them from being a true NSS car.thats a different class.

maybe beaver springs,
keep running your mouth about your knowledge of true nostalgia SS cars, apparently you dont know as much as you think.

You're a funny guy....Sounds like I struck a nerve.lol
9.22 with 588ci.??? I'm 2.5 tenths off of that with 100 cubic inches less and my "$5.00" cam.ha,ha,ha I'll be faster this year too. Congrats for being King Cool over in your own created club. Have fun over there, hope it makes you feel good.

How many members on here have you gotten into a pissin' match with this month? I know of at least 3....LOL

I know plenty about NSS. How many NMCA events have you won? Been racing the class on and off since 1993.

They are still waiting over on the Yellowbullet for you. I can link the thread over here if you can't find it. It's just a simple question....

And as others have said, the 422 cars are legal, read the rules someplace besides your club...

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #265003
03/27/09 07:44 AM
03/27/09 07:44 AM
OHIO THE HEART OF IT ALL
64hemi330sedan Offline
super stock
64hemi330sedan  Offline
super stock

OHIO THE HEART OF IT ALL
DOES IT REALY MATTER WHO'S HAS THE FASTEST CAR? SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF CHEST THUMPING TO ME.LOL.N/SS IS INDEX RACING.I CAN NAME SEVERAL GUYS WHO DROVE 10.50 AND SLOWER CARS WHO HAVE WON SEVERAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.DOUG WRIGHT,DOUG SLOAN AND JIM NETHERLAND JUST TO NAME A FEW.BUT THATS JUST MY OPINNION.FLAME ON!

5122308-IMG_2741.jpg (55 downloads)
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265004
03/27/09 07:58 AM
03/27/09 07:58 AM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
This wagon went 8.99?? Holy smokes.

5122318-100_0136.jpg (98 downloads)

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #265005
03/27/09 08:12 AM
03/27/09 08:12 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe beaver springs,

9.22 with 588ci.??? I'm 2.5 tenths off of that with 100 cubic inches less and my "$5.00" cam.ha,ha,ha I'll be faster this year too. Congrats for being King Cool over in your own created club. Have fun over there, hope it makes you feel good.

How many members on here have you gotten into a pissin' match with this month? I know of at least 3....LOL

I know plenty about NSS. How many NMCA events have you won? Been racing the class on and off since 1993.

They are still waiting over on the Yellowbullet for you. I can link the thread over here if you can't find it. It's just a simple question....

And as others have said, the 422 cars are legal, read the rules someplace besides your club...

just asking a simple question on real fast nss cars, if youdont like the channel change it.seems the only one starting the bashing is you, read your replys and see whos kicking sand on the beach, you dont think your going to leave without a scrape,do you?
its winter time blues,its all good.
hope to see you at the races, come by and say hello.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: 64hemi330sedan] #265006
03/27/09 08:15 AM
03/27/09 08:15 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

DOES IT REALY MATTER WHO'S HAS THE FASTEST CAR? SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF CHEST THUMPING TO ME.LOL.N/SS IS INDEX RACING.I CAN NAME SEVERAL GUYS WHO DROVE 10.50 AND SLOWER CARS WHO HAVE WON SEVERAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.DOUG WRIGHT,DOUG SLOAN AND JIM NETHERLAND JUST TO NAME A FEW.BUT THATS JUST MY OPINNION.FLAME ON!

I agree. Going fast is fun and pumps the ego but the slower cars are hard to beat. I won the NMCA event in '93 when I was a NSS/E (12.00) car.

Kurt Neighbor won quite a bit in a '63 LW Galaxie that I think ran NSS/D maybe C. Doug Wright was very tough too along with Gene Egberg (RIP).

There are no national records in NSS, just information for your web signature....

Jody Aberts 1966 Fairlane 427 Troublemaker2 AA/NSS 1964 Galaxie 500XL 390-4spd. 1966 F-100 390-C6 1967 Plymouth VIP 383-TF 2003 Roadking
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265007
03/27/09 08:21 AM
03/27/09 08:21 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

maybe beaver springs,

just asking a simple question on real fast nss cars, if youdont like the channel change it.seems the only one starting the bashing is you, read your replys and see whos kicking sand on the beach, you dont think your going to leave without a scrape,do you?
its winter time blues,its all good.
hope to see you at the races, come by and say hello.

Sounds good, I might just do that..

I just don't like seeing my buddies bashed, especially when they aren't around to defend themselves.

See you at the track.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265008
03/27/09 08:22 AM
03/27/09 08:22 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

nope i dont have any videos but i have personnally watch these cars race. they are fast... i was stunned when i saw that fire and faith wagon go 8.99 at columbus last year.

but here are some pics for you!

this is that beautiful canadian hemi car hemidart68 was talking about... NOT NSS LEGAL

these are the ones running at the Columbus CC event last year.

Casey

Casey as you see by those pictures you put up, those hood scoops are telling the tale that they are not legal NSS cars.
as Gary stated they are pushing the rules a little too much.
anyone have pictures of those motors,
as we delve deeper into this its showing me more and more that the whompin wedge,gary jacobs car,as well is way up there on the ladder as a fast NSS car!
im just trying to prove a point here,
my engine builder and myself got talking about this very heavily and he made a valid point that you here about all these fast cars out there but no one can post a video to prove these cars are legit.
you can talk all you want but when push comes to shove there arent as many TRUE NSS cars out there going in the 8's or low 9's.
if you guys can prove me wrong, heres the chance to put up the numbers or show me a video,
its called bragging rights.

Well Chris your point is well taken on "Limits"
I got myself in a nice argument about allowing "FX" rules in with NSS at the Chrysler Classic Events...I wanted to race my "Wild Wedge" 63' Savoy...Not many liked that idea since it has a 4-link, huge wheel tubs, not much K-frame and a rack modified front end...So this is what I did..I switched to my 65' "Whompin Wedge" Coronet...It has ladder bars, 10.5x30 tires, stock rear wheel tubs...Uncut stock K-frame.Stock steering. Stock steel fenders and hood...Stock front bench seat and rear seat.. All window glass stock..I would think that this car would be as NSS legal as it can get...I will see how fast I can get it to go...Your car is the same deal, So we should know if they can go an 8 soon...I would bet somebody will say our cars are not legal for some reason or another...

poppaj, you seem to get what im saying here ,just looking to see who's going fast on a 10.5, no transbrake stock nostalgia super stock car,dont know why these guys keep wanting to get in a pizzzzzing match.
its good internet chat material,i feel.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? #265009
03/27/09 08:47 AM
03/27/09 08:47 AM
Hampstead, MD.
Troublemaker427 Offline
super stock
Troublemaker427  Offline
super stock

Hampstead, MD.
No pissin' here just a rundown of my car. It's been 9:49@141 in 1800' of air. It's got a real 427 centeroiler block cast in 1963 with a "$5.00" flat tappet cam and a factory 2x4 intake with Edelbrock heads. 3,400lbs with leaf springs, Cal-Tracs and real 10.5x30 Hoosier slicks in stock wheelhouses. Footbraked C4 for a trans with stock front suspension and no wheeliebars. It's been a 1.30 in 60'. Not the fastest but I like it and it will be faster. It was also my first car that I've had since 1979. Hope you guys don't mind me adding this Ferd to this thread.

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #265010
03/27/09 09:25 AM
03/27/09 09:25 AM
Indiana
MFR440 Offline
super stock
MFR440  Offline
super stock

Indiana
That's really nice! For a Ford!! You should make the trek to Monster Mopar (Dave Duell Classic) so you can meet some Moparts members...

As far as fast N/SS rides, I am pretty sure John Grinwald has put the "Asphalt Elephant" into the 8's - there is video from Bowling Green of a 9.00 run (in the heat). And his car would be N/SS legal in just about any N/SS sandbox! 10.5 tire, footbrake, etc.

I hope these links work...

Asphalt Elephant on the bumper at MATS

Grinwald runs 9.00 - 3:30 in

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Troublemaker427] #265011
03/27/09 09:29 AM
03/27/09 09:29 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
As one who runs a more "traditional" NSS car (iron 426 Hemi, fact cross ram; leaf springs, etc.) I must say this thread is entertaining, and kind of fun to watch. You can just feel the love and the warm fuzzies that emulate from everyone. It warms the cockles of your heart.

Seriously, there are so many good cars and sharp guys out there that it might be fun to see a big time "grudge" match at one of the NSS races, especially at BSD. It is obvious that Chris and the 422 guys still harbor warm feelings toward each other.....maybe the place to settle it is on the track. Throw Poppa J and the rest in there, too. I have alot of respect for all of you, it would be fun to watch.

Meanwhile, I'll still run my high tens, and let all of you try to run me down. Jody, I am so looking forward to Mason Dixon on April 25, it will be a hoot. Rich L is going to send me some stuff.....I would like to know what to expect. We are also bringing down Ron McClelland's Buds Auto Sales now featuring Hemi power....and maybe Kyle's 64 wedge if we get that finished.

Best to all.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Steve1118] #265012
03/27/09 09:57 AM
03/27/09 09:57 AM
central ohio
N
nss guy Offline
pro stock
nss guy  Offline
pro stock
N

central ohio
In the 10's lol

Re: Who's Nostalgia Super Stock Car is Fastest in the US? [Re: Steve1118] #265013
03/27/09 10:24 AM
03/27/09 10:24 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I love all the old cars no matter what brand.I can honestly say that if I wasn't so intrenched in mopars I would be racing a 427 Fairlane Jody your car is the cats azz of Fords

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19