Originally Posted By NANKET
Originally Posted By mccannix
Dealerships would also do a lot to appease customers.
An original owner of a 70 Cuda 340 contacted me years back looking for a spacesaver spare for his car.
He told me, that when he took delivery he told the dealership salesman he wanted a conventional spare after seeing that 'donut' in the trunk.
They gladly did so.
My hometown dealership changed out a set of 14 inch rallyes off a new 72 Cuda replacing them with 14 inch magnums from a 72 Satellite because the then purchaser of the new Satellite, a former school classmate of mine, liked the rallye wheel look.
So occasionally, changes happened to new cars at dealerships before they even left the lot.

This happens more than people think. If you have ever worked at a new car dealership service department you will know this is not at all unusual.

So true.

My friend has a 1970 FC7 hemicuda that was ordered with Leather interior and passenger side chrome mirror.

He has the order form. Well the factory did not install these items.

So when the car delivered the guy that ordered it complained. The dealer had the mechanic go out on to the lot and removed a passenger side mirror from another car and installed it one the hemicuda with WOOD SCREWS.

They deducted from the invoice LESS THAN the actual cost of the leather interior.

My friend has all the paperwork and it just amazing that this happened.