Of course I'm talking about make the complete upgrade and not just the alt. And actually being all car stock, as you mentioned, with a better alt and not extra equipments added, just add a secondary path between alt and amm could be pretty much enough.

But making just the alt upgrade SOMETIMES could be enough as far conections are good. Since batt will/should never get drained enough to get worry about the load going back for long time. The stock path will hold the stock load without get worried about the batt recharge added load.

but allways make a full upgrade is the best.

EDITING:

fot those interested, I'm gona simplify my installation, and will remove completelly the stock red wire from bulkhead and just keep the firewall path. Just will keep the parallel section on back side, because with that I can feed BOTH sides of main splice into the cab. After all these years with my setup, I deeply trust that just one batt path, being thicker than the stock one and despiting the bulkhead one will be pretty much enough.

will be using also one of those "Trailer quick disconect connections", 10 gauge to be able to disconect these extra paths anytime on engine bay side. They are really able to handle the load:

I got 2 feet long loop, to cut one large section to attach straight to the ammeter studs with eyelet terminals, and the smaller pigtail to splice it into the engine side wiring: parallel alt wire on black side and fuse link on red side.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 02/22/19 03:27 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela