master
M

Washington
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By ric3xrt
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By LSP
Simple - more duration, more converter flash, more rpm

I’ll agree with all the above except for more rpm. Jim at Racer Brown loved when I called for cams as I would give him an exact number on stall and head flow test numbers at every .050 instead of .100 lift. My 408 on BP 93 Ran 9.80’s shifting at 6400 rpm with one of Jim’s tweaked .520 lift cams. This was a Econo W2 headed combo that I did some mild porting work to. Heck they still had the 3/8 inch 2.02 valves in them.

What does that duster weigh? more of a curious Question.

back then 2800 pounds. 2860 now as I keep making it racer friendly.

I think many discount what Jim at RB does if you just call him. He's a sharp dude and he doesn't do a lot of BS on trick of the week junk. It took a ton of phone time, flow sheets and some serious consideration of valve job shape and angles before he decided on a lobe/rocker ratio for me and it was worth it.

You can always add some stroke length to your engine combo to keep RPM down to a reasonable level. Today, valve train, lobe design and spring technology makes its pretty easy to turn something 8k and still have some decent reliability.

Is the extra 60 pounds to make the car more racer friendly, or is it because the driver is more dinner friendly?? Asking for a friend. He says the same thing. So I'm looking for a third party to verify.

TIA.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: MAKING POWER WITH LOW LIFT FT CAM [Re: madscientist] #2600617
01/02/19 08:41 PM
01/02/19 08:41 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Is the extra 60 pounds to make the car more racer friendly, or is it because the driver is more dinner friendly?? Asking for a friend. He says the same thing. So I'm looking for a third party to verify.

TIA. [/quote]

LOL I kinda walked into to one but BOTH. I put steel doors and wind up windows on my Duster several year ago and to load and unload the car I climb out the window. A couple of weeks ago after two loads of gravel I could finally get it in my shop. I will be hopefully going to the gym this week because its getting to be tough squeezing my belly through the window.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Page 2 of 2 1 2