JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By JohnRR
Originally Posted By fury4speed
I was trying to save some time but a driveshaft is only a weeks time to get shipped , the Dana 60 has the 1350 yolk or U joint , the K member is factory Dodge and the transmission is a 727 so I guess they need the measurements from the end of the transmission tail shaft housing , if anybody has that measurement please post it , thanks.

1970 Dodge Challenger

You don't have a factory yolk on the D60 so using the factory measurement is not prudent unless you can confirm the specs of the 7290 yolk and a 1350 yolk are identical as installed? Also you don't measure from the end of the tailhousing , you measure from the center of the U joint slip yolk u joint hole to the center of the rear end yolk u joint hole.

Are you using a 1350 slip yolk too, you need it to make your measurement.

John,

Some shaft manufacturers DO want you to measure from the end of the tailshaft case to the center of the diff's u joint bore, I've had a number of shafts made from different vendors over the years, some will make the shaft based on any data supplied by the customer, no questions asked, some vendors prefer to do the math themselves based on an overall length measurement from the tailshaft to the rear diff ujoint bore, esp if they're supplying their transmission yoke design

Mike

I agree wit hthat Mike , he didn't originally state he had a different yolk on the rear and still hasn't said what slip yolk he is using so going off that he can't really use the factory length as he originally hoped .

running up my post count some more .
Page 2 of 2 1 2