Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: is the rpm that valve float happens effected by load? [Re: Jeremiah] #2343602
07/26/17 11:56 AM
07/26/17 11:56 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
eek coffee

TJP, I think what he is saying, you did a hit and run, and I think he makes worthy point.

Care to elaborate on "some" replies, that are unworthy and why?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: is the rpm that valve float happens effected by load? [Re: fast68plymouth] #2345169
07/29/17 11:35 AM
07/29/17 11:35 AM
Columbia, CT
M
moper Offline
I Live Here
moper  Offline
I Live Here
M

Columbia, CT
It's also used for testing component compatibility, designing springs, cam lobes, etc.

They usually(never?) don't even have any kind of rotating assy in the bottom end, much less an induction system.
I guess my point is......even some of the bigger names in the industry use the Spintron to figure out what's really going on with the valvetrain........and the Spintron has no provision for creating the combustion pressures and shock wave tuning inside the manifold.......so it's unlikely those things have a big impact on the results.

Another way to look at it is........if you're having a valvetrain stability issue.......I highly doubt it's the combustion pressures or the tuning pulses inside the manifold that are the cause of the problems.

Again - ^^^ this.

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.
Re: is the rpm that valve float happens effected by load? [Re: moper] #2345279
07/29/17 02:26 PM
07/29/17 02:26 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
I mentioned this on another thread recently, but it suits this one well: engine floated valves on engine dyno above 6400; engine nosed over on track in high gear above 6400, so I ran taller tires to lower finish line RPM below that point. Car also picked up about 2 MPH by keeping the valve train under control.

That's as "real world" an example as I can offer.

Re: is the rpm that valve float happens effected by load? [Re: Jeremiah] #2354871
08/16/17 02:20 PM
08/16/17 02:20 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted By Jeremiah
Originally Posted By TJP
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Valve float, when the lifter doesn't stay on the top of the cam lobe at max lift at max RPM is one thing, hydraulic lifters pumping up causing the valves to stay open on the heel of the cam in another issue also. shruggy
Which problem are you trying to deal with work

shruggy

GOOD QUESTION beer

But I understand the sky will be GREEN tomorrow, I've actually read some articles that say it always has been stirthepot We were just taught that it was blue.
So back to the OP's valve float question. Wing it in neutral until makes noise and stops.
Repeat the process SEVERAL times with the IDENTICAL Motor under laboratory conditions with various temperatures, humidity levels, Ambient as well as engine temps, and report back. Do not forget with or without proper crankcase venting, oil viscosity, grade of hill, rear end gears, transmission ratio, UHH and phase of the moon due to it's gravitational pull on my septic tank and valve train. With all of that data collected We will then be able to continue to comment on the silly question.

OPPS forgot one variable, What type of valve covers ??
HMM, original, reproduction, aluminum (cast, billet, or sheetmetal)

What is the surrounding temperature ?? IE: under hood, Dyno room, Maybe no hood ??

octane of fuel??

I come here to relax, enjoy and try to help. Some of the suggestions responses make me question why I continue to do so twocents

It's one thing to disagree and offer up your opinion but insinuating to anyone that disagreed with you in this thread that we are too stupid for you to even attempt to correct and then threatening to take you ball home. lol

Instead why don't you explain why we are so dumb. With as many posts as you have if you were going somewhere to do something more important it would have happened years ago lol.

You asked, A couple of perfect examples,

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2345759

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...ing.html#UNREAD

whistling

Last edited by TJP; 08/16/17 04:29 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2