Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: Biginchmopar] #2291372
04/21/17 01:11 AM
04/21/17 01:11 AM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline
master
WHITEDART  Offline
master
W

bean town ....Ca
Originally Posted By Biginchmopar
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Once they get caught up I sure wouldnt mind seeing
a alum SB or a Gen 3.. glad to hear they are are
starting to roll out
wave

Aluminum Small Block would be AWESOME!

I would buy two today if they had them.
put me down for two as well

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291380
04/21/17 01:28 AM
04/21/17 01:28 AM
Great Neck,LI,new york
hemi-itis Offline
I Live Here
hemi-itis  Offline
I Live Here

Great Neck,LI,new york
The fact that Marsh Performance has taken on a large responsibility says alot!
Being as busy as he his to take this,is just WOW!!! I am a March customer and thrilled with the personal service Tod provides.His knowledge is amazing! bow

HEMI-ITIS has no cure.
My condition is fully BLOWN!!
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291395
04/21/17 01:54 AM
04/21/17 01:54 AM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline
master
GTSDave  Offline
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
This is great news. I have an old KB wet block with nice windows in it, and it needs sleeves which seem to be hard to find right now. I also want to step up to a 4.5" bore.

Ken tried to get me to buy a new block from him last year, but with all of the pissed off people that never got their blocks, there was no way I wanted to wade into that pool.

I plan on building a new engine for the Cuda this year and did not want to go with an INDY block. The MM blocks look great, but heavy. I really wanted aluminum, so finding an old KB block or repairing mine was my only option until now.

Cant wait to see what they will cost, and how long it will take to get them. Looks like the long wait may be over.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: cudatom] #2291398
04/21/17 02:04 AM
04/21/17 02:04 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted By cudatom
Originally Posted By KD800X
Originally Posted By astjp2
WOW, your first post is a sales pitch?

It's comments like this that make me wonder why anyone would want to share information on the board. shruggy

Thank you RBRE for updating everyone on the KB Blocks

Exactly why many people no longer post or share info. I'm stoked that Ray and Todd have kept us updated. Please keep the info coming.

Or maybe when a member makes a dumb comment and he gets slammed time and time again, for what reason, he's quoted so he can't edit his comment. We all make mistakes, the example here was not what most would respond including me, better to let it go without comment, and not end up losing two more members. He is entitled to his opinion. I tried to be delicate here, was I successful? eek

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: sasquatch] #2291407
04/21/17 02:13 AM
04/21/17 02:13 AM
Between a rock & a hard place
C
cudadoug Offline
master
cudadoug  Offline
master
C

Between a rock & a hard place
Originally Posted By sasquatch
Ok
KB is owned by the above mentioned names. Ray and myself are dealers. The decision was made to send Ray the first block off the line so that he could verify all specs and parameters were being met. Ray has the equipment to verify all quality specs are being met. As a fellow dealer I completely support this process of second checking.
The new ownership has been running the show for barely 90 days and Ray has the first of many blocks that will be leaving in the next several weeks. Yes the back ordered blocks are being handled as soon as possible but every block off the line cannot go to just the back orders ONLY. I should have my first one here very soon and I like Ray am going to comb it over very carefully to insure that all quality parameters are being met. I will not sell anyone a block I do not have full faith in.
This is a Block of the highest quality and they take time. I have tried to explain to everyone here the steps being taken to get this back on track. Like most things in life worthwhile it is hard and it will take some time. I know that people with deposits in place are anxious about the situation and with good reason. A lot of these back order situations were NOT cut and dry.
There is great progress being made and Rays post only confirms that good things are happening and more are coming rather quickly. Thank you to all the people here for your positive comments and to the customers already in line, there is a light coming and it is not the train coming to run you over.
Todd

Just a observer question: why wouldn't every block off the line go to those who paid and have been waiting first before any new orders are filled?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: sasquatch] #2291413
04/21/17 02:28 AM
04/21/17 02:28 AM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline
master
WHITEDART  Offline
master
W

bean town ....Ca
Whoever commented about me getting flak.....In a word NO. I was completely honest with Darren and Tim and they understand completely. I sell Both kinds and so does Ray. I sell 5 different brands of heads and 3 or 4 different brands of pistons. Same with many other products. I tell the customer the facts as best I know them and let the chips fall where they may. I have two Indy blocks shipping from Indy tomorrow and three from KB when they are ready. That is what the customer requested and I try not to argue with people writing me large checks. Again thank all of you for the kind words.

As far as the Small blocks go ahhhhh don't hold your breath. It could happen I guess but I spoke with Darren about it awhile back and the amount of capital it would take to do a block from scratch would be STOUT. Not sure you could ever make that financially viable anytime soon. The Gen 3 on the other hand is a different matter but IF it happens it will not be anytime soon.
TOdd
I was told several years back that the performer RPM small block Dodge head was Edelbrock number 3 seller.. outselling the big block head 3to1.. build a good block... and you could sell them faster than you can make them..

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: cudadoug] #2291420
04/21/17 03:24 AM
04/21/17 03:24 AM
Pangaea
B5 Bee Offline
master
B5 Bee  Offline
master

Pangaea
Originally Posted By cudadoug
Ok
KB is owned by the above mentioned names. Ray and myself are dealers. The decision was made to send Ray the first block off the line so that he could verify all specs and parameters were being met. Ray has the equipment to verify all quality specs are being met. As a fellow dealer I completely support this process of second checking.
The new ownership has been running the show for barely 90 days and Ray has the first of many blocks that will be leaving in the next several weeks. Yes the back ordered blocks are being handled as soon as possible but every block off the line cannot go to just the back orders ONLY. I should have my first one here very soon and I like Ray am going to comb it over very carefully to insure that all quality parameters are being met. I will not sell anyone a block I do not have full faith in.
This is a Block of the highest quality and they take time. I have tried to explain to everyone here the steps being taken to get this back on track. Like most things in life worthwhile it is hard and it will take some time. I know that people with deposits in place are anxious about the situation and with good reason. A lot of these back order situations were NOT cut and dry.
There is great progress being made and Rays post only confirms that good things are happening and more are coming rather quickly. Thank you to all the people here for your positive comments and to the customers already in line, there is a light coming and it is not the train coming to run you over.
Todd

Just a observer question: why wouldn't every block off the line go to those who paid and have been waiting first before any new orders are filled?

My guess...they need some cash flow to keep the interprise running.
Try and fill all the old orders first may lead to backruptcy, then no one gets anything.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: WHITEDART] #2291423
04/21/17 03:29 AM
04/21/17 03:29 AM
North Carolina
sasquatch Offline
master
sasquatch  Offline
master

North Carolina
OK
Consider this an an open invitation.
I will begin collecting names and phone numbers/emails for people interested in a R3 style small block in aluminum. Today is the Starting day of April 20. I will collect data only for 6 months. NO money or deposits or any commitments other than it will be looked at. Show me the customers and I will keep track of it.I know that there is almost zero chance of the R3 coming back in iron from Mopar. SO what are the SB guys going to do? Can we sell 100 a year? 200? Most guys (not all) that run SB dodges are in the slower bracket classes. Are there 200 plus guys a year ready to pony up the scratch? Lets find out. IF you are serious, you can email or PM me here (no phone calls on this please) and I will keep an accurate count. Spread the word to any and all that are interested, I am easy to find.

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow, no one on the planet would invest in that business.Had this gone into a Chapter filing and gone through the court system, most if not all of the people in line would have gotten jack diddly bubkis. Happens every day in this country.
The new ownership, being interested in saving this company and its storied past, said making things right with these customers was the right thing to do and would do more to generate good will and restore faith in the product. This very easily could have been buy the company, turn off the lights and liquidate all the assets. Party over, good night and another American icon and business hits the scrap heap. I personally am grateful that Darren saw fit to fetch it out of the scrap pile and return it to its former self. Just like car guys, take a rusted out piece of scrap and turn it back to it former glory. But just like restoring a car there will be snags and setbacks. Give it a chance. Making blocks is not that easy. Making great blocks is even harder.
Todd

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291454
04/21/17 08:58 AM
04/21/17 08:58 AM
Charlotte, North Carolina
sgcuda Offline
master
sgcuda  Offline
master

Charlotte, North Carolina
Thanks, Todd, for all that you have done, and what's yet to come. up

[image][/image]
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291460
04/21/17 10:01 AM
04/21/17 10:01 AM
Deep DEEP SOUTH
LAD 524 Offline
mopar
LAD 524  Offline
mopar

Deep DEEP SOUTH
Awesome news thanks for the heads up Todd. Ill be following the progress as well !!

up

Last edited by LAD 524; 04/21/17 10:01 AM.
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: sasquatch] #2291480
04/21/17 11:27 AM
04/21/17 11:27 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
You can put me down for a SB.. but I would
need to know some specs(which block would it
be.. 48* or 59*, which deck height, dry or wet
sump.. and would it be a finished bore.. and
of course.. a ball park price... thanks Todd
EDIT
Or possibly a gen 3 block
wave

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 04/21/17 11:30 AM.
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: jim sciortino] #2291483
04/21/17 11:33 AM
04/21/17 11:33 AM
Stuttgart, Arkansas
rickseeman Offline
master
rickseeman  Offline
master

Stuttgart, Arkansas
Originally Posted By jim sciortino
Originally Posted By astjp2
WOW, your first post is a sales pitch?
WOW, were you born a world class a-wipe, or were years of practice responsible for your rise to the summit???

Ditto

2011 Drag Pak Challenger
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291513
04/21/17 12:22 PM
04/21/17 12:22 PM
Tulsa, Oklahoma
340Cuda Offline
master
340Cuda  Offline
master

Tulsa, Oklahoma
RBRE,

Welcome to Moparts, I hope this is the first of many posts.

We do have our share of shall we say, less than positive souls. Please disregard.

Thanks!
Bill

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: sasquatch] #2291522
04/21/17 12:37 PM
04/21/17 12:37 PM
Washington
M
madscientist Offline
master
madscientist  Offline
master
M

Washington
OK
Consider this an an open invitation.
I will begin collecting names and phone numbers/emails for people interested in a R3 style small block in aluminum. Today is the Starting day of April 20. I will collect data only for 6 months. NO money or deposits or any commitments other than it will be looked at. Show me the customers and I will keep track of it.I know that there is almost zero chance of the R3 coming back in iron from Mopar. SO what are the SB guys going to do? Can we sell 100 a year? 200? Most guys (not all) that run SB dodges are in the slower bracket classes. Are there 200 plus guys a year ready to pony up the scratch? Lets find out. IF you are serious, you can email or PM me here (no phone calls on this please) and I will keep an accurate count. Spread the word to any and all that are interested, I am easy to find.

As far as the order of the blocks shipping. YES the majority of blocks that are back ordered (including mine) will be shipped as soon as possible. However, if the first 40 to 50 blocks out the door were resulting in zero cash flow, no one on the planet would invest in that business.Had this gone into a Chapter filing and gone through the court system, most if not all of the people in line would have gotten jack diddly bubkis. Happens every day in this country.
The new ownership, being interested in saving this company and its storied past, said making things right with these customers was the right thing to do and would do more to generate good will and restore faith in the product. This very easily could have been buy the company, turn off the lights and liquidate all the assets. Party over, good night and another American icon and business hits the scrap heap. I personally am grateful that Darren saw fit to fetch it out of the scrap pile and return it to its former self. Just like car guys, take a rusted out piece of scrap and turn it back to it former glory. But just like restoring a car there will be snags and setbacks. Give it a chance. Making blocks is not that easy. Making great blocks is even harder.
Todd

PM sent in the affirmative for a new small block.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: madscientist] #2291537
04/21/17 01:19 PM
04/21/17 01:19 PM
Chilliwack B.C. Canada
R
RUNCHARGER Offline
I Live Here
RUNCHARGER  Offline
I Live Here
R

Chilliwack B.C. Canada
Sasquatch: I think you laid that out perfectly, well done!

Sheldon
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: madscientist] #2291552
04/21/17 01:56 PM
04/21/17 01:56 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Thank-you Ray and Todd for keeping us updated. My fingers are crossed the Keith Black engines can return to the GREAT company it once was. Anybody interested in a ready to run Mega block. LOL

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291554
04/21/17 01:57 PM
04/21/17 01:57 PM
Oakville, Wa
HOTMOPR Offline
mopar
HOTMOPR  Offline
mopar

Oakville, Wa
What is the cost of a ready to run RB block?

67 Barracuda, 470" B, Glide, FuelTech FT600, Precision, Ptc, QA1, Calvert, Smith racecraft, Afco, Dana 60. 275 radials
Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: HOTMOPR] #2291567
04/21/17 02:10 PM
04/21/17 02:10 PM
long time lurker, short time p...
P
PorkyPig Offline
mopar
PorkyPig  Offline
mopar
P

long time lurker, short time p...
Although one of these blocks isn't in my budget, I'm glad to see the work everyone behind the scenes has been doing to put KB back on its feet is starting to pay off.

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291580
04/21/17 02:28 PM
04/21/17 02:28 PM
Nebraska
70VcodeCoronetRT Offline
top fuel
70VcodeCoronetRT  Offline
top fuel

Nebraska
Low deck wedge blocks going to be available too?

Re: Keith Black Blocks available from Ray Barton Racing Engines [Re: RBRE] #2291690
04/21/17 06:03 PM
04/21/17 06:03 PM
America
WedgeFED Offline
enthusiast
WedgeFED  Offline
enthusiast

America
LOL I really don't think there is one person on this thread with skin in the game...except for maybe Todd, Ray and Myself. There are a few others on here also. It is great that they are showing us good things are happening. But for all of you against the negative post just think how you would feel being owed a block for almost two years... I really think everyone is pretty positive. Yellow Bullet might be a better place to hammer on people than here. I was told no low deck blocks are happening in the near future as for that is what I have on order. I think Todd will have much better information thou.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15