Originally Posted By rowin4
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By moparmedic
I am not sure either...At this point I just want to be sure that the pressure plate housing is actually neutral balanced.

If they welded on th cover it is most likely NOT neutral balance, and it probably shouldn't be. See my other post.

BTW, McLeod doesn't own that color of red.

I've been running stick shift cars for 50 years and have seen many pressure plate covers with welded on weights from different manufactures. Over those years I have also had a number of engine rotating assemblies balanced. Some wanted the pressure plate to be included , most not. Never, not one asked for a disc.

All McLeod BB, BB/Long and Long covers are heat treated. If you weld on them, the will fracture at the weld.

You never had me do your balance job. I always do the disc. It stemmed from a friend on mine in high school. We had a local guy who was a god in his own mind. My friend called him on not balancing the disc, and if you don't, and the disc is off (and they always are) every time the disc is clamped to the FW the balance changes.

It's really that simple.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston