St. Louis
I
Imrare Offline OP
enthusiast
Imrare  Offline OP
enthusiast
I

St. Louis
Porter67 - I hear what you're saying but rero parts can be made exactly like NOS if the desire is there to do so. Parts are made from engineering drawings. If you have the correct measurements you can make it correct. Many of the parts lend themselves to be reversed engineered to exact specifications, again, if the desire is there to do so. So, either you draw it up right and create that correct part or you decide you are going to go the easy way, the cheap way, or whatever way and make it close, but in the end, incorrect. To me, if I was going to spend the time and energy to create a reproduction part, I would make it correct as opposed to incorrect.

Re: Does "Licensed by Chrysler" really mean anything? [Re: Charger727] #2072547
05/13/16 12:13 PM
05/13/16 12:13 PM
Spokane Valley, WA
Big Bad Bee Offline
I Live Here
Big Bad Bee  Offline
I Live Here

Spokane Valley, WA
Originally Posted By Charger727
Originally Posted By Big Bad Bee
Originally Posted By Grizzly
Originally Posted By RJS
Plus I hate these posts that show all this stuff being wrong but not saying who the vendor is, how does that help the hobby???

Because they are too afraid of...............what I do not know? shruggy

A group of sticky threads for A, B, C, E-body etc. inferior parts listings/rants has been asked for over the years on here and nobody will do it.

Would sure save the rest of us some money and make some useless vendors unemployed where they belong. twocents

I think it's much needed and would save people a ton of money and trouble but I think Tom won't do it because things will get REAL divisive REAL quick. It would have to be very strictly maintained, regulated and documented because folks would be taking shots at products and vendors who might be current or future members or advertisers on Moparts.

I could see a forum dedicated to rating parts, vendors and services providers. The biggest financial loss on my car project came at the hands of a transport guy that used to advertise here. I would appreciate a forum that would keep my story available so as to save anyone else the grief.

Almost every junk aftermarket part comes from a single manufacturer - blaming the vendor does nothing since they have no choice if someone wants to buy the part

Best thing a good vendor will do is take it back no questions asked

I've tried to buy a 70 B-body rallye dash woodgrain set for years - Yearone, Classic Industries, Mr.Moparts - all ranged from total junk to complete junk - all "Official" restoration parts - clearly all from the same manufacturer

My point on vendors is that some offer poor service. If you doubt me, order from Jim's... Never said anything about their control over parts however, they do have control over what lines they sell. I get you. Some items are only repopped by one manufacturer but there plenty that aren't. A good vendor will refuse to sell items because they are crap. If you doubt me, Call Mike at B/E & A and ask him about ruthless vendors. šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m listening.
Page 2 of 2 1 2