Like others here I also hate to bust your bubble...I started racing Mopars in 91. Engine cubic inch limits were set to satisfy GM guys and mopar didn't have anything close enough. (406) When I raced everything had to be stock equipment and small block. You couldn't use a Mopar B block to run closer to 400 cubes.
It was a good experience because it taught me to learn suspension and learn set-ups and drive harder to beat better cars thru the corners. After a couple years of getting sick of being beat on the easy part of the track (the straightaway's)I quit in early '94.
Later that year I jumped in a pretty docile, run of the mill GM street stock a guy had and won the only time I drove it.
It's fine to learn your craft and cut your teeth in a Dodge as I think it will make you a better racer. When you get serious at least entitle yourself to as good of equipment as your competitors and jump to a GM.
I became a 3 time UMP State Champion in the Modified Division years later.
The higher in divisions you progress the harder it will be to compete with inferior equipment. twocents
Whatever you do don't give up your dream... just make the path to get there something viable. up

...FAFO...