Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Originally Posted By Evil Spirit
Originally Posted By Magnum
Originally Posted By Crizila
I run a standard 180 stat, and an electric adjustable cooling fan control. Engine warms up quickly to 180 and then I can adjust the fan to come on where ever I want. I also have a switch mounted under the dash so I can run the fan continuously if I want. Gives me full control to run the engine temp where ever I want. Of course you have to have enough rad ( and fan )to do this. If I want to run at 190, I set the controller so the fan comes on at 190. Temp usually oscillates about 10 degrees as the fan kicks on and off.

How did this thread get so long? Your correct answer is right here in the 2nd reply.

Might be the answer for a street driven only car. If he wants to be able to select, say 130-140* for the track and 180* for the street - not so much . . .
... sure he can. Put in a lower temp stat or pull the stat out all together. You really don't want to run much less than 180, street or track.

Fastest 300
Re: Variable/adjustable engine thermostat [Re: BigBlockMopar] #2002506
01/31/16 04:15 AM
01/31/16 04:15 AM
Hamilton, Ontario Canada
Magnum Offline
master
Magnum  Offline
master

Hamilton, Ontario Canada
For a ridiculously low temperature possibly for bracket racing.

A thermostat with a bypass hole drilled in it, an electric fan and an electric water pump. Not that these parts are uncommon but combine it with an engine that is shut off (like in the staging lanes) and it will be down to super cool in a few minutes. Good battery required.

69 Super Bee, 93 Mustang LX, 04 Allure Super
Re: Variable/adjustable engine thermostat [Re: Crizila] #2003027
01/31/16 11:27 PM
01/31/16 11:27 PM
Newport, Mi
Evil Spirit Offline
master
Evil Spirit  Offline
master

Newport, Mi
Originally Posted By Evil Spirit
Originally Posted By Magnum
I run a standard 180 stat, and an electric adjustable cooling fan control. Engine warms up quickly to 180 and then I can adjust the fan to come on where ever I want. I also have a switch mounted under the dash so I can run the fan continuously if I want. Gives me full control to run the engine temp where ever I want. Of course you have to have enough rad ( and fan )to do this. If I want to run at 190, I set the controller so the fan comes on at 190. Temp usually oscillates about 10 degrees as the fan kicks on and off.

How did this thread get so long? Your correct answer is right here in the 2nd reply.

Might be the answer for a street driven only car. If he wants to be able to select, say 130-140* for the track and 180* for the street - not so much . . .
... sure he can. Put in a lower temp stat or pull the stat out all together. You really don't want to run much less than 180, street or track.

You can run yours 180+ at the track - I don't like to pull into the water box over 140* if I can avoid it. If necessary, it's easier to build heat than to cool down. And I've never had an issue keeping the oil clean running 160* thermostats on the street.

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........
Page 2 of 2 1 2