dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa
Originally Posted By Shotracing
Originally Posted By Spaceman Spiff
Originally Posted By Shotracing
Have you all read "Daves Blog Page" on their web site? Some interesting stuff, looks like they have been around since the 80s. Appears they have been pretty instrumental to our sport. They also posted their intentions on their Facebook page. Guess I'm ok with it as long as I don't have to pay extra money to race, heck NMCA is registered plus these folks are non profit. My personal opinion is not much will change. I think the Internet has stirred up a bigger bees nest.

I find it remarkable that you just joined this forum, and your only posts are in this thread....

Yes I'm new to the board, I did explain that before. Do only existing users that want to hammer on these folks get to post here? I'm building a NSS car and have interest in this hence my looking for facts.
I've been looking and asking for the facts but all I seem to find is trash talk and speculations everywhere on the web.
Seems simple to me, give me facts so I make a decision who I want to support.

Seems simple enough. #1 Why do they want to control a known and widely used name? #2 Why should they control it. #3 Why should any racer that has been racing this class (myself over 25 years) give them a dime? #4 Why should any organization give them a dime to run races that they've been running for years? #5 What is the benefit to anyone by trademarking this name/phrase? I too have asked. Bob hasn't released any information. Out of their 35 members (I'm guessing as their web site shows aprox 35 cars). I've seen maybe 5 race any N/SS events held in the midwest. Many N/SS events have over 50 entrants. Races are held in various parts of the country. There are 100's of N/SS cars all over the country. So why would 2 people be in charge? What is the benefit? No bashing here, just lots of questions, no answers. How come Bob hasn't made a statement anywhere? I've known Doug Duell over 20 years. If he says somethings wrong for N/SS I trust him 100%. No one person ha more applied more effort than Doug to promote N/SS. Talk to him yourself.
Doug Wright

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1928299
10/08/15 12:25 PM
10/08/15 12:25 PM
Ohio
K
Kasey Suver Offline
Kasey Suver  Offline
K

Ohio
I want to address the issue of the trademark by Nostalgia Super Stock, Inc and the clowns - Rich and Bob who started this mess: My message is for Bob Wilkiewicz- My husband, Gene Suver, met you at Milan and saw you again at other races, he was happy to meet someone that was interested in discussing racing back in the day. Someone that wanted to know more about Dave Duell - Gene was best man for Dave when he and Sharon Duell got married. He raced and traveled with Dave for years . He understood Dave's passion for Nostalgia Super Stock and loved that Doug was right there along side Dave, racing and now carrying on with the Nostalgia Super Stock racing. We were shocked and disappointed to learn that you were behind this trademark fiasco - you, the person that Dave trusted to be the historian and archivist - you would do this to the Nostalgia Super Stock racers and fans. Your intentions weren't honorable or you and Rich wouldn't have kept all of this a secret when you sat across from these racers all summer and never said a word to them about what you have done. Doug Duell, Mike DeChicco, Dave Schultz - all of the Nostalgia Super Stock racers - how? I want to know how you look in the mirror each morning and don't see Dave Duell's reflection - asking you "What the hell are you doing" because I firmly believe if he was still alive you wouldn't have the balls to have tried something like this. When you go to bed at night, that figure that you see standing at the foot of your bed - with his head cocked to the side - just know you won't have a minutes peace until you do the right thing and dissolve this trademark issue. No Racers that truly love the sport should allow this group to be allowed to trademark and generic term like Nostalgia Super Stock any more than any other class of racing. Everyone wants to voice their opinions about gun control - why would you let this bunch tell you how you can race and who dictates the use of the term "Nostalgia Super Stock" - put and end to it now - send them your concerns at For Nostalgia Super StockĀ® Inc. Rich Berlisk, Club President, at 262-538-1489 rberlisk@wi.rr.com Bob Wilkiewicz, Secretary stillrock69@hotmail.com

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1928313
10/08/15 12:54 PM
10/08/15 12:54 PM
Wi.
old_racer Online content
pro stock
old_racer  Online Content
pro stock

Wi.
Very well said!!!

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: old_racer] #1928487
10/08/15 05:29 PM
10/08/15 05:29 PM
Morrow, OH
markz528 Online content
master
markz528  Online Content
master

Morrow, OH
Originally Posted By old_racer
Very well said!!!

Amen

67 Coronet 500 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
67 Coronet 500 (street car) 14.82 @ 94 mph
69 GTX (clone) - build in progress......
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1928489
10/08/15 05:38 PM
10/08/15 05:38 PM
Ellwood City Pa
4406v Offline
4406v  Offline

Ellwood City Pa
I am not a racer but I have enjoyed watching N/SS racing for the last 15 years at the Mopar shows I attend. It's a shame a couple JERKS are trying to "cash in" on a name THEY DID NOT INVENT!!! Trademarking the name is just a money grabbing tactic and nothing more.

If I had skin in the game I'd get together and we'd blackball these guys right out of racing. I'd trademark and come up with another name and from now on you could use it instead. How about "MAX WEDGE HEADS UP RACING" or "VINTAGE MAX WEDGE CLASS"

One things for sure THEY'D NEVER GET A DIME OF MY MONEY!!!

Screw them both!!!!

"Live for today tomorrow never comes"
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1928775
10/09/15 12:45 AM
10/09/15 12:45 AM
Fancy Farm Ky
W
wyoming Offline
top fuel
wyoming  Offline
top fuel
W

Fancy Farm Ky
This whole deal is kind of surprising, if the intentions are to use the NSS name for personal gain, then its definitely worth fighting. It is surprising to me though that "Bob W" would be out to harm our sport and class, if he is the same Bob that seems to go to lots of NSS races and helps out with registration, qualifying, ladders ect. He sure didn't seem the type of guy who would be out to use the "NSS" name for personal gain, although I'm sure many on here know him better than I do, know all three of the rules committee would have to. Its definitely a raw deal if that's the real plan.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4