M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Originally Posted By topside
Reminds me of the Corvette guys that were trying to trademark "Survivor" to extort $ from others.
NSS - like Survivor - is a general term used publicly, and therefore I'd think pretty much impossible to actually register or trademark.
That said, for cars that are period-correct in appearance, I like Ron's VSS term: while "nostalgia" is a term we're used to, "vintage" better implies that the cars are an accurate portrayal of the period in which they ran.

There is no changing names to this class that will happen. ALL racers no matter what class you are in should be against what this group is trying to do because IF they get away with this (I really doubt they will) then others can go out and trademark all classes at the tracks and then charge everyone a fee for use. So will that be OK for all of you? If so I'll go start to trademark all the classes and set up a fee structure and sit back and take your $$$$$. There are some email addresses for the 2 involved and everyone should be sending them a message. I also like the thought of letting all the Sponsors know that we do not approve of this and also the Race Tracks where these events are held it.

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925208
10/03/15 09:58 PM
10/03/15 09:58 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
When I raced a few NSS races back in the 90's it was all about fun and sportsmanship. Then I started racing with the UMTR stick racers and haven't followed the NSS much lately but this trademark deal really sucks for the grassroots racers that most of the NSS are.
E-mails will be sent to these two "men" eyes

I think letting the sponsors and the tracks will do more good though twocents

Gus beer

my savoy.jpg

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Whompin_Wedge] #1925239
10/03/15 10:37 PM
10/03/15 10:37 PM
-
R
RSNOMO Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
RSNOMO  Offline
Moparts Torchbearer
R

-
Originally Posted By Whompin_Wedge

Might as well call the class "Nostalgia super gas" with all the electronics, throttle stops, and weather stations people use. Can't we all just be friends and race like it used to be!!!

Don't hold your breath...

Jerry Stein talked about 'going back to basics' a LONG time ago...

He saw the writing...

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: max_maniac] #1925261
10/03/15 11:22 PM
10/03/15 11:22 PM
Nebraska
451Cuda Offline
enthusiast
451Cuda  Offline
enthusiast

Nebraska
Originally Posted By max_maniac
Originally Posted By topside
Reminds me of the Corvette guys that were trying to trademark "Survivor" to extort $ from others.
NSS - like Survivor - is a general term used publicly, and therefore I'd think pretty much impossible to actually register or trademark.
That said, for cars that are period-correct in appearance, I like Ron's VSS term: while "nostalgia" is a term we're used to, "vintage" better implies that the cars are an accurate portrayal of the period in which they ran.

There is no changing names to this class that will happen. ALL racers no matter what class you are in should be against what this group is trying to do because IF they get away with this (I really doubt they will) then others can go out and trademark all classes at the tracks and then charge everyone a fee for use. So will that be OK for all of you? If so I'll go start to trademark all the classes and set up a fee structure and sit back and take your $$$$$. There are some email addresses for the 2 involved and everyone should be sending them a message. I also like the thought of letting all the Sponsors know that we do not approve of this and also the Race Tracks where these events are held it.

My reasoning was that registering the VSS name would preserve it and provide protection against this group from just grabbing that name in addition to NSS out of spite.

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: 451Cuda] #1925305
10/04/15 12:41 AM
10/04/15 12:41 AM
East Coast
A
A/MP Offline
super stock
A/MP  Offline
super stock
A

East Coast
The problem is the phrase "nostalgia super stock" is a know entity and it rolls off the tongue like..."I cut my finger, get me a BAND AID". Just think how many times someone has googles this phrase. How many organization use it also. When anything has to do about money, you either feed it or starve it. Contact every track, car club, parts manufacturer, organization and enthusiast and have them ban every promotion that these 2 jokers subscribe to.Put the stink on them and no one will play with them. PEER PRESSURE will choke them while a legal avenue is pursued.

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925489
10/04/15 11:47 AM
10/04/15 11:47 AM
Seaford Delaware
JSR1485 Offline
super stock
JSR1485  Offline
super stock

Seaford Delaware
Their trakmark does not cover-nostalgic super stock

Switched to the dark side...
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: JSR1485] #1925516
10/04/15 12:16 PM
10/04/15 12:16 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
In the orginal post it states that they have registered a trademark on nostalgia super stock and nss. shruggy

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925527
10/04/15 12:43 PM
10/04/15 12:43 PM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
Happy Birthday VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
This is their Facebook page. I see they have deleted a lot of commits. including Mine..

https://www.facebook.com/NostalgiaSuperStockInc/timeline

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925748
10/04/15 08:22 PM
10/04/15 08:22 PM
Indiana
S
Shotracing Offline
Shotracing  Offline
S

Indiana
I'm a new user to moparts but have been reading for years so excuse my rambling. I'm very perplexed by all of these posts. Where are the facts? I only see speculations...

Everyone on social media seems to jump on the bandwagon before knowing what is truly happening. I'm building a NSS car and have some concerns

Can someone please give me the REAL facts so I can make a educated decision what the heck is going on. What is NSS charging clubs and how have rules changed?

VernMotor, you say posts on NSS Facebook page have been deleted. I've been reviewing every post for the last couple of days and nothing has been deleted. Please explain, I still see your post?

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925797
10/04/15 09:41 PM
10/04/15 09:41 PM
Mi.
G-Money1320 Offline
top fuel
G-Money1320  Offline
top fuel

Mi.
I have no dog in this fight but have a few friends who do and love this class of racing, and I would hate to see them not having fun racing their cars , some who have been at it since the 60's. I think it is pretty underhanded to go behind everyones back and trademark the names to profit on their greedy behalfs and call it something good for the whole class. B.S. if it was good for the class then they would call most if not everyone involved and get the whole classes input. I hope everyone who truely loves the class will boycott them and thrive in the way they have in the past. Good luck to my friends in their fight!!

416 stroker from Nick at Compu-flow. 11.14 in full street trim. Seems like a new best every time out.
11.06 open headers----so far!!
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925798
10/04/15 09:44 PM
10/04/15 09:44 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By Shotracing
I'm a new user to moparts but have been reading for years so excuse my rambling. I'm very perplexed by all of these posts. Where are the facts? I only see speculations...

Everyone on social media seems to jump on the bandwagon before knowing what is truly happening. I'm building a NSS car and have some concerns

Can someone please give me the REAL facts so I can make a educated decision what the heck is going on. What is NSS charging clubs and how have rules changed?

VernMotor, you say posts on NSS Facebook page have been deleted. I've been reviewing every post for the last couple of days and nothing has been deleted. Please explain, I still see your post?

They show INC after their name... this is a copy/paste
of their site
Nostalgia Super Stock Inc.
I dont play in this game so it has no bearing to me...
but its WRONG to try to control others.. whether they
are gonna try to squeeze you for a buck or not..... being
that that have the INC... are they the controlling factor
in this class
wave

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925832
10/04/15 10:28 PM
10/04/15 10:28 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa

The truth is they have copyrighted the terms. N/SS and Nostalgia Super Stock. It states on their website;

A Statement by Nostalgia Super Stock® Inc.

The Corporation, including the Officers, the Board of Directors and the General Membership, has received two service marks; specifically NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK, US serial number 86306801, US registration number 4,707,093; and NSS, US serial number 86306798, US registration number 4,707,092; issued and placed on the Principal Register by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 24, 2015 to be used to provide various association services in US classes 100, 101 and 107 and in international classes 35 and 41.

Therefore, the Corporation states it intends to exercise its exclusive rights to the use of these marks, all rights and proprietary privileges reserved, unless specific uses by others are authorized and granted only by written and approved agreement(s).

For Nostalgia Super Stock® Inc.
Rich Berlisk, President
September 21, 2015

Bob Wilkiewicz, Secretary
September 21, 2015

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925838
10/04/15 10:40 PM
10/04/15 10:40 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By dvw

The truth is they have copyrighted the terms. N/SS and Nostalgia Super Stock. It states on their website;

A Statement by Nostalgia Super Stock® Inc.

The Corporation, including the Officers, the Board of Directors and the General Membership, has received two service marks; specifically NOSTALGIA SUPER STOCK, US serial number 86306801, US registration number 4,707,093; and NSS, US serial number 86306798, US registration number 4,707,092; issued and placed on the Principal Register by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on March 24, 2015 to be used to provide various association services in US classes 100, 101 and 107 and in international classes 35 and 41.

Therefore, the Corporation states it intends to exercise its exclusive rights to the use of these marks, all rights and proprietary privileges reserved, unless specific uses by others are authorized and granted only by written and approved agreement(s).

Rich Berlisk, President
September 21, 2015

Bob Wilkiewicz, Secretary
September 21, 2015

They SUCK.... and I dont play in their game..some
one had better trademark something that will work
for the racers....... or they will trademark that also
and both of them trademarked on the same day with different
names... someone better jump quick
wave

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925881
10/04/15 11:29 PM
10/04/15 11:29 PM
Indiana
S
Shotracing Offline
Shotracing  Offline
S

Indiana
Ok? What are the requirements and cost? I see no demands. Again I see people all fired up and no facts about how it effects us racers. Everyone is assuming these folks want money but no matter where I research I can't find any demands. Maybe they just want the name? I'm crossing my fingers this is the case.

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925890
10/04/15 11:35 PM
10/04/15 11:35 PM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Ok? What are the requirements and cost? I see no demands. Again I see people all fired up and no facts about how it effects us racers. Everyone is assuming these folks want money but no matter where I research I can't find any demands. Maybe they just want the name? I'm crossing my fingers this is the case.

This gives them the opportunity to ask/get $$$$ anytime they want to. Maybe not now but maybe next year? Want to give them that power over just a name tsk

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: max_maniac] #1925896
10/04/15 11:41 PM
10/04/15 11:41 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Originally Posted By max_maniac

This gives them the opportunity to ask/get $$$$ anytime they want to. Maybe not now but maybe next year? Want to give them that power over just a name tsk

Thats my opinion.... the class has been happy for
years without any one OWNING them... now a couple
of guys think they can OWN the name.. and the class
EDIT
Those two could need a blanket party... thats for
the guys that have been in the military... but we will
see what happens in the near future.... good luck to the
NSS guys
wave

Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 10/04/15 11:45 PM.
Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925901
10/04/15 11:44 PM
10/04/15 11:44 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa

Why should anyone "own" the name or rights? Can you see one good reason for their actions? The trademark gives them the right to demand their will at any time. Nobody needs or deserves that power.
Doug

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: dvw] #1925921
10/05/15 12:06 AM
10/05/15 12:06 AM
Indiana
S
Shotracing Offline
Shotracing  Offline
S

Indiana
Don't want to get in a pissing match,I enjoy this forum and look forward to running with you all hopefully soon.
Don't mean to be the Devils avocate but how do know these folks are after our money? Just cause a trademark is owned doesn't mean they will drag us through the coals.
Guess I just don't want to jump the gun before I know the facts.

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925972
10/05/15 01:23 AM
10/05/15 01:23 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa
Trust me if Doug, Jim, and Clay wouldn't have resigned from the national rules committee if there wasn't something way deeper going on. Email the two gentleman in question yourself and and see what they say, I did.
Bob Wilkiewicz stillrock69@hotmail.com
Rich Berlisk rberlisk@wi.rr.com

Doug

Re: N/SS racers read this! [Re: Shotracing] #1925977
10/05/15 01:30 AM
10/05/15 01:30 AM
Ohio
shorthorse Offline
enthusiast
shorthorse  Offline
enthusiast

Ohio
Maybe you should read the post again.

They trademarked the existing and previously independent rules committee name (NSSNA) also.
"This week, your NSSNA Rules Committee received a letter from Bob Wilkiewicz. Without our knowledge or consent, Rich and Bob have also trademarked the name of our rules committee. The impact of this became apparent immediately in their letter. They began outlining the rules of NSS racing as they saw fit as the new owners of the trademark."

2.They have already sent letters for negotiation of terms. As a corporation they will deal with groups/organizations and like any corporation, those negotiations will be private in the form of a contract. They will "probably" not demand anything from individual racers but that doesn't mean it won't affect them with additional fees to cover licensing. They will be dealing with organizations such as tracks, promoters and website operators.
"Also this week, Bob sent a letter to the NMCA asking them to reach out and negotiate terms to use the names they trademarked: Nostalgia Super Stock and NSS. They have indicated they will do the same to the other race promoters and website administrators."

First and foremost, it's about money and where do you think that's going to come from eventually?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4