Re: Front shock recommendation a body [Re: mikeysmopars] #1899297
08/25/15 08:09 PM
08/25/15 08:09 PM
muskegon MI
v cummins Offline
v cummins  Offline

muskegon MI
Originally Posted By mikeysmopars
Here is a pic with it off the ground, I had the alignment done with typical zero degree toe and about 7 degree caster rocked in it.
All suspension parts are new and even had the box rebuilt. As far as acromion and bump steer I do not know but several people that has watched the car said shocks as well as folks on this forum. I'm just going to start eliminating suspects.

For example, if you start with zero degree toe in and your tie rod adjusting sleeve is level, any lift from that point wheels go toe out. And if you have a lot of drop, you will have excessive toe out when landing.

Front end shake or steering wheel shake could be caused by worn parts which you obviously don't have; or excessive toe out when landing. If you can check the angle of the tie rod adjusting sleeve at rest and let me know what that is, I can help you trouble-shoot a little further. I have run a body cars with no shocks and have not had wheel shake.

Re: Front shock recommendation a body [Re: v cummins] #1899462
08/25/15 11:43 PM
08/25/15 11:43 PM
ohio
67mprfan Offline
super stock
67mprfan  Offline
super stock

ohio
Originally Posted By v cummins
Here is a pic with it off the ground, I had the alignment done with typical zero degree toe and about 7 degree caster rocked in it.
All suspension parts are new and even had the box rebuilt. As far as acromion and bump steer I do not know but several people that has watched the car said shocks as well as folks on this forum. I'm just going to start eliminating suspects.

For example, if you start with zero degree toe in and your tie rod adjusting sleeve is level, any lift from that point wheels go toe out. And if you have a lot of drop, you will have excessive toe out when landing.

Front end shake or steering wheel shake could be caused by worn parts which you obviously don't have; or excessive toe out when landing. If you can check the angle of the tie rod adjusting sleeve at rest and let me know what that is, I can help you trouble-shoot a little further. I have run a body cars with no shocks and have not had wheel shake.

How fast wereshocks going with no front shocks and what purpose was the car being used for

71 demon stock stroke 440/indy ez-1 running 10.10 @ 132.14 mph in the 1/4 and 6.36 @ 107.46 mph in the 1/8 not in the same weekend but It did it then I sold it.
67 Belvedere that worked it's way in the 10's
Re: Front shock recommendation a body [Re: 67mprfan] #1899676
08/26/15 12:05 PM
08/26/15 12:05 PM
muskegon MI
v cummins Offline
v cummins  Offline

muskegon MI
Originally Posted By 67mprfan
Originally Posted By v cummins

How fast wereshocks going with no front shocks and what purpose was the car being used for

me thinks this is a trick question. 0 mph
but the rear shocks went 9.70s @ 131 stock eliminator
dead shocks only on bad tracks

Page 2 of 2 1 2