11/24/05 03:34 PM
11/24/05 03:34 PM
Pacifica, CA
Devilbrad Offline
top fuel
Devilbrad  Offline
top fuel

Pacifica, CA
300th post here?? He he! I'm down for it!! Any color!!! I'm gonna have to start saving.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: IronYuppie] #18994
11/24/05 03:48 PM
11/24/05 03:48 PM
wisconsin
kmfdm Offline
pro stock
kmfdm  Offline
pro stock

wisconsin
Quote:

Underneath the sheetmetal, the Charger is essentially identical to the 300 and Magnum so there is significant cost savings by using all of the existing tooling, jigs, and various other components. A new chassis would have to be engineered, tested, and then adapted to the assembly line, or a special line would have to be created. If the Challenger is to be the first of the LY platform (more flexible than the LX, i.e. wheelbase, doors, transmission type), then these added costs are more of an investment for the new cars coming down the road. But on its own, a car with these changes would cost more than what went into the Charger.

That's my point. Because this car is on the same platform, it doesnt matter if they produce 5k or 55k. As long as they have the capacity they can do it. Like i said before, there is a very informative thread on allpar about this. A few people there really know what they're talking about. It's not necessarily what this car is, but how it's made.

74 Dart Sport
Re: new Challenger? [Re: kmfdm] #18995
11/24/05 05:27 PM
11/24/05 05:27 PM
Wilmington, NC
donbarnes Offline
Not THAT Don Barnes!!
donbarnes  Offline
Not THAT Don Barnes!!

Wilmington, NC
A few purists would howl, but if they do build this, and the purpose is to compete with the new Mustang- the smart thing business wise would be to name it "Barracuda" or "cuda". Name recognition alone would sell an extra twenty thousand of them. The Plymouth line may be gone, but I bet DCX stills owns the Cuda name

Re: new Challenger? [Re: donbarnes] #18996
11/24/05 06:11 PM
11/24/05 06:11 PM
Sacramento, CA
cal_gecko Offline
I Live Here
cal_gecko  Offline
I Live Here

Sacramento, CA
has ANYONE seen the alleged sketches that were released by DCX? I have yet to see any.

If they are only making 5-10,000/yr of this car, I'm sure none of us will end up with one. The dealers will be able to price them so high it will be ridiculous, and it'll be the super-rich who will end up with one in their garage. I'm sure there will be a waiting list a mile long, even if they're priced at 75-100k each

Re: new Challenger? [Re: kmfdm] #18997
11/24/05 06:31 PM
Polson, MT
IronYuppie Offline
super gas
IronYuppie  Offline
super gas

Polson, MT
Unlike the Charger, the Challenger will require significant changes to the platform which costs more money. Even if the upfront design and infrastructure changes cost only as much as those for the Charger, they would also have to sell as many in order to get the same benefit from their investment. However, if it really is the first of a new, more flexible "LY" platform, then the extra cost won't matter much in the long run, since the other cars will eventually benefit when they are redesigned.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: cal_gecko] #18998

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

has ANYONE seen the alleged sketches that were released by DCX? I have yet to see any.

Read the entire thread, and click the links, gecko. They sketches are in several of the links, and I believe posted in this thread.

Re: new Challenger? #18999
11/24/05 07:29 PM
11/24/05 07:29 PM
Farmington, CT
KISSAlien Offline
I Live Here
KISSAlien  Offline
I Live Here

Farmington, CT
Here it is again for the lazy people.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: kmfdm] #19000
11/24/05 09:33 PM
11/24/05 09:33 PM
Fort DODGE, Ioway
O
origcharger Offline
master
origcharger  Offline
master
O

Fort DODGE, Ioway
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

With an anticipated production of 5,000 to 10,000 units it will likely be sometime before the buyer of modest means is able to get his hands on one.

and why is that?????????????

In a nutshell, supply and demand.

Please find me an example of a car that this applies to. Dealer markups don't count.

I can't think of a single vehicle that does not get its final price based on the law of supply and demand. Dicker or sticker or sticker plus market adjustment, rebates and red tag sales, its all based on supply and demand.
And why don't dealer markups count, do you have a way to buy one with out going through a dealer?

MOPARTS ALERT!: Chris Pugh aka gabodyman of Dalton, Georgia, cashed my $140 money order on 4-16-02 never sent parts. On 3-19-07 he agreed to return my money; "april 9, it will be in the mail by that date""will do as promised. chris" Still no parts and no money!
Re: new Challenger? [Re: cal_gecko] #19001
11/24/05 10:54 PM
11/24/05 10:54 PM
USA
D
Detroit_Muscle Offline
Detroit_Muscle  Offline
D

USA
Quote:

If they are only making 5-10,000/yr of this car, I'm sure none of us will end up with one. The dealers will be able to price them so high it will be ridiculous, and it'll be the super-rich who will end up with one in their garage. I'm sure there will be a waiting list a mile long, even if they're priced at 75-100k each

Relax guys, I read in Popular Mechaincs and also in Allpar that the anticipated production number is 60 to 70 thousand a year. I would think there was a misquote along the way. No big deal. At 5 to 10 thousand a year, DCX wouldn't even have a solid business case to produce the car. Heck at those numbers how can they even justify calling the car a Mustang fighter?

Let's all take a collective deep breath and wait as details emerge.

I will go the the NAIAS in January and I will take as many pics of the car with the Lockness Monster and Bigfoot standing next to it, just to make sure it is for real.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: Detroit_Muscle] #19002
11/24/05 10:58 PM
11/24/05 10:58 PM
Twin Cities, MN
MN-ScatPack Offline
master
MN-ScatPack  Offline
master

Twin Cities, MN
Where or who can one send a response to about this car? I for one would love to email someone at DCX about this new car and tell them to NOT wait on it, build it quickly and just the way it looks now!

Anyone have an email address?

Re: new Challenger? [Re: Detroit_Muscle] #19003
11/24/05 11:02 PM
11/24/05 11:02 PM
Pacifica, CA
Devilbrad Offline
top fuel
Devilbrad  Offline
top fuel

Pacifica, CA
Quote:

I will go the the NAIAS in January and I will take as many pics of the car with the Lockness Monster and Bigfoot standing next to it, just to make sure it is for real.

Great line!! I cant believe the skeptics in this thread!! Sure, 7 pages ago it was easy to claim a photochop but now that we have word from DC that its the real deal (and dont even reply to this saying "What evidence???" Its been posted already!!!), you'd think they'd shut up or admit to being wrong, not keep pushing their stance. Thick heads dont allow much to get in....or out. Bring this beast on. We've all been waiting a long long time for this. It will have a Mopar badge, it will haul ass, it will be a V8 RWD, and its a 2 door, what else can you ask for?? This is 2005 after all.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: Devilbrad] #19004
11/25/05 12:13 AM
11/25/05 12:13 AM
NJ
J
Jeff_T Offline
super street
Jeff_T  Offline
super street
J

NJ
Quote:

Quote:

Great line!! I cant believe the skeptics in this thread!! Sure, 7 pages ago it was easy to claim a photochop but now that we have word from DC that its the real deal (and dont even reply to this saying "What evidence???" Its been posted already!!!), you'd think they'd shut up or admit to being wrong, not keep pushing their stance. Thick heads dont allow much to get in....or out. Bring this beast on. We've all been waiting a long long time for this. It will have a Mopar badge, it will haul ass, it will be a V8 RWD, and its a 2 door, what else can you ask for?? This is 2005 after all.

The best part about all these ridiculous arguments here is that the car doesn't come out for two+ more years! We are going to be arguing with these guys down to the day when we all go in to order our new Challengers and see the actual options and pricing list. Then they will tell us that what we ordered wasn't possible in that color or trans/engine combo, what mileage it will get, when delivery dates are and what we can put on our vanity license plates.

Let them argue while the rest of us realize that this Challenger is nearly the second coming of the Mopar Christ for Mopar guys worldwide. Rejoice!

Jeff 1993 IROC R/T 1972 Barracuda
Re: new Challenger? [Re: Jeff_T] #19005
11/25/05 12:37 AM
11/25/05 12:37 AM
Pacifica, CA
Devilbrad Offline
top fuel
Devilbrad  Offline
top fuel

Pacifica, CA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The best part about all these ridiculous arguments here is that the car doesn't come out for two+ more years! We are going to be arguing with these guys down to the day when we all go in to order our new Challengers and see the actual options and pricing list. Then they will tell us that what we ordered wasn't possible in that color or trans/engine combo, what mileage it will get, when delivery dates are and what we can put on our vanity license plates.

Let them argue while the rest of us realize that this Challenger is nearly the second coming of the Mopar Christ for Mopar guys worldwide. Rejoice!

HA HA!!!! And while you and I are enjoying beers together after driving half way across the USA in our new Challengers to hang out, they will be posting stuff like: "Its impossible for them to meet, thats just a drawing they are driving in!!! And its not even a DMX drawing!!! They are photochopped in those cars!!! That Brad guy is kinda cute though....."

Re: new Challenger? [Re: donbarnes] #19006
11/25/05 12:40 AM
11/25/05 12:40 AM
Indiana
MonGoo$e Offline
master
MonGoo$e  Offline
master

Indiana
Quote:

A few purists would howl, but if they do build this, and the purpose is to compete with the new Mustang- the smart thing business wise would be to name it "Barracuda" or "cuda". Name recognition alone would sell an extra twenty thousand of them. The Plymouth line may be gone, but I bet DCX stills owns the Cuda name

you would be suprised by the amount of young people that know of the Challenger as much as the `cuda. I'm 23, and people my age down to 15 years old i know knew what one was before i got a 74, first time i drove it they knew all about them, boys and girls alike.

My YouTube Channel, "Hoosier Garage"
https://www.youtube.com/HoosierGarage
Re: new Challenger? [Re: Devilbrad] #19007
11/25/05 12:43 AM
11/25/05 12:43 AM
Fort DODGE, Ioway
O
origcharger Offline
master
origcharger  Offline
master
O

Fort DODGE, Ioway
Quote:

HA HA!!!! And while you and I are enjoying beers together after driving half way across the USA in our new Challengers to hang out, they will be posting stuff like: "Its impossible for them to meet, thats just a drawing they are driving in!!! And its not even a DMX drawing!!! They are photochopped in those cars!!! That Brad guy is kinda cute though....."

If you guys can meet at my house in your new Challengers I will provide the non photochopped beers, offer expires in 2010.

MOPARTS ALERT!: Chris Pugh aka gabodyman of Dalton, Georgia, cashed my $140 money order on 4-16-02 never sent parts. On 3-19-07 he agreed to return my money; "april 9, it will be in the mail by that date""will do as promised. chris" Still no parts and no money!
Re: new Challenger? [Re: Devilbrad] #19008
11/25/05 12:45 AM
11/25/05 12:45 AM
USA
D
Detroit_Muscle Offline
Detroit_Muscle  Offline
D

USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I also heard a rumor that Santa Claus may make an appearance at the NAIAS to see if the phantom Challenger exists...

Re: new Challenger? [Re: MonGoo$e] #19009
11/25/05 01:00 AM
11/25/05 01:00 AM
Indiana
MonGoo$e Offline
master
MonGoo$e  Offline
master

Indiana
how about some color variations?

2167264-sublimechall.jpg (93 downloads)
Last edited by MonGoose; 11/25/05 01:01 AM.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: MonGoo$e] #19010
11/25/05 01:03 AM
11/25/05 01:03 AM
Indiana
MonGoo$e Offline
master
MonGoo$e  Offline
master

Indiana
how bout sum plum?

2167272-purpchal.jpg (47 downloads)
Last edited by MonGoose; 11/25/05 01:06 AM.

Re: new Challenger? [Re: xs29j8] #19011
11/25/05 01:08 AM
11/25/05 01:08 AM
Plano, TX
68440fish Offline
68440fish  Offline

Plano, TX
Quote:

I have several pictures of the black Superbird. It belongs to a friend in Austin

Hmmmm... never knew it was black. Guess I never really saw it before it was Blue. How do you know Mr. Ken? What is nice is that he did a lot of the work on the car himself.

Michael Plano, TX 68 Barracuda Notch Pro Patina
Re: new Challenger? [Re: KISSAlien] #19012
11/25/05 04:55 AM
11/25/05 04:55 AM
Sacramento, CA
cal_gecko Offline
I Live Here
cal_gecko  Offline
I Live Here

Sacramento, CA
Quote:

Here it is again for the lazy people.

Where can we see that this was an official DC released sketch, not another cooked up drawing by some 20 yr old kid like all the other sketches we've seen (new Camaro, 'cuda, Charger before it was released)..

Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25