05/30/15 01:23 PM
05/30/15 01:23 PM
Central California
MoParFish Offline
mopar
MoParFish  Offline
mopar

Central California
Since this thread has the attention of some Victor owners, has anyone had their sheet metal valley plate crack in the 90deg bend below where it bolts to the head? Mine did in several spots and really started to notice the oil leak at Mopars at the Strip this year. Ended up just running a bead of Right Stuff all the way down each side for a temp fix. Too many heat cycles I guess. I was thinking about modifying an indy plate or getting one of Andy's plates. These heads were a bit challenging to to get to a point where I was comfortable with them but, I enjoy taking the road less traveled sometimes twocents thumbs

Sworn Member Central Valley MoPar Drag Pack. You can reach me at (done-et-chasing@going-rounds.gone)... :-)

[img]https://s6.postimg.org/v3mbggksx/SAC16.jpg[/img]image hosting more than 5mb
Re: Another Edelbrock Victor Saga [Re: BradH] #1839462
06/02/15 01:52 AM
06/02/15 01:52 AM
USA
B
B3RE Offline OP
mopar
B3RE  Offline OP
mopar
B

USA
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By Quicktree
... after seeing this I would not consider a victor head. why anyone would want to is beyond me if they are all like that.

Hey, they're no more effed up than my MP Stages were! laugh2

I was thinking Brad. Were the Stages you speak of ported by Dwayne Porter, have Hughes rockers, and bought by a Moparts member in PA? If so, I corrected those heads over a year ago. They ain't effed up no more. I wish I could find the pics, but I remember they were pretty bad. Off about the same amount as these Victors.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.
Re: Another Edelbrock Victor Saga [Re: B3RE] #1839528
06/02/15 08:32 AM
06/02/15 08:32 AM
northern,Ohio,USA
C
Clanton Offline
master
Clanton  Offline
master
C

northern,Ohio,USA
Has anyone put an oil drain at the back of the head?I may need a smaller restricter in the head also.The back of my v covers leak before 1st gear is over.

GOTBOOST!New improved with Victor heads.
http://www.enginelabs.com/mopar-big-bloc...t-of-necessity/
Re: Another Edelbrock Victor Saga [Re: B3RE] #1839668
06/02/15 12:59 PM
06/02/15 12:59 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
Originally Posted By B3RE
... after seeing this I would not consider a victor head. why anyone would want to is beyond me if they are all like that.

I was thinking Brad. Were the Stages you speak of ported by Dwayne Porter, have Hughes rockers, and bought by a Moparts member in PA? If so, I corrected those heads over a year ago. They ain't effed up no more. I wish I could find the pics, but I remember they were pretty bad. Off about the same amount as these Victors.

They weren't effed up when I sold them, either, considering I provided him w/ the necessary pedestal spacers & lash caps that I'd used to straighten 'em out. Check your PMs.

Re: Another Edelbrock Victor Saga [Re: BradH] #1839697
06/02/15 01:33 PM
06/02/15 01:33 PM
USA
B
B3RE Offline OP
mopar
B3RE  Offline OP
mopar
B

USA
Originally Posted By B3RE

They weren't effed up when I sold them, either, considering I provided him w/ the necessary pedestal spacers & lash caps that I'd used to straighten 'em out. Check your PMs.

Brad, I'm not insinuating that you sold someone effed up heads. I was simply alluding to the fact that just bolting a shaft onto the cast stands would be way off. I did the correction for his combination without the lash caps, and they look good. You had them set up for your combination, now they are set up for his. Nothing wrong with that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. beer

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5