A
Adam71Charger Offline OP
pro stock
Adam71Charger  Offline OP
pro stock
A

Tacoma, Washington USA
Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
Jeesh that's seems like a long way to go for not much of a performance gain. The old distrib was crusty. I'm surprised the autoparts store brand didn't work. I've bought a few w/o issues, but I did use points. My old 69 coronet 318 2bbl liked about 36* total 8* initial. I bought 4 sets of "blue streak" points on close out. I might have a set in the box if you need one. On a side note that car ran 15.68 with nothing more than 2 gallons of 110 mixed w/ about 7 of 93 Locked the timing in at 38* and flipped the air cleaner lid. I laughed all the way back to the pits. Stayed right at 15.68-69 all day. Red lighted in the semi's.
Now back to topic, since you have vacuum pod problems that's were I'd start looking. Did you knock anything w/ an elbow when you were messing around? Check the grommet at the PB booster.

I dont have power brakes. I went with Pertronix more for efficiency of electronic ignition, plus I wanted to try it and the conversion didnt cost that much. But now that I've had problems with both remanded distributors and my ignition system, I'll probably go back to points. Im not familiar with Blue Streak, is that a brand?

Re: Fine Tuning a stock 1972 318 w/minor modification [Re: Adam71Charger] #1807767
04/20/15 03:01 PM
04/20/15 03:01 PM
Brookeville, Md
Mr.Yuck Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet
Mr.Yuck  Offline
Not enough dumb comments...yet

Brookeville, Md
Originally Posted By Adam71Charger
Originally Posted By Mr.Yuck
Jeesh that's seems like a long way to go for not much of a performance gain. The old distrib was crusty. I'm surprised the autoparts store brand didn't work. I've bought a few w/o issues, but I did use points. My old 69 coronet 318 2bbl liked about 36* total 8* initial. I bought 4 sets of "blue streak" points on close out. I might have a set in the box if you need one. On a side note that car ran 15.68 with nothing more than 2 gallons of 110 mixed w/ about 7 of 93 Locked the timing in at 38* and flipped the air cleaner lid. I laughed all the way back to the pits. Stayed right at 15.68-69 all day. Red lighted in the semi's.
Now back to topic, since you have vacuum pod problems that's were I'd start looking. Did you knock anything w/ an elbow when you were messing around? Check the grommet at the PB booster.

I dont have power brakes. I went with Pertronix more for efficiency of electronic ignition, plus I wanted to try it and the conversion didnt cost that much. But now that I've had problems with both remanded distributors and my ignition system, I'll probably go back to points. Im not familiar with Blue Streak, is that a brand?

I guess... They were being discontinued and Advance (I think) was getting rid of them. That was like 8 years ago though...not sure if they are still in business.

Page 2 of 2 1 2