Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Quote:

Quote:

So you guys are saying my transmission is going to self destruct? I'd like to hear something more than speculation on this. If you haven't worked through this problem please don't muddy the waters.

I'm never said it's going to self destruct.

I said that the bearing should not just slip on. If you put something in there to lock the shaft to the inner race then you SHOULD be good to go.

Tongue in cheek my good man. I agree on the lack of press fit not being ideal.

Re: Input Shaft Bearing Press Fit? [Re: Jeremiah] #1790643
04/01/15 03:37 PM
04/01/15 03:37 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
When I thought about how much slop is in the front bearing outer race to a stock case and how much is in the output shaft to the input shaft needle bearings and then on how much is in the pilot bearing to input shaft and what happens when you let the clutch out I imagined that all the slop makes the input shaft try to exit, moves away, from the cluster shaft, correct I like to keep the clearances stock as that has worked for me and probally everyone else on here in stock trannys, correct Add the after market parts into the mix and then you need to know if those additional clearances are designed in or missed in quality check process Worst thing that can happens is it breaks and wrecks the car, at speed, correct Talk about muddying the waters

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: Input Shaft Bearing Press Fit? [Re: Jeremiah] #1790644
04/01/15 06:45 PM
04/01/15 06:45 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

So you guys are saying my transmission is going to self destruct? I'd like to hear something more than speculation on this. If you haven't worked through this problem please don't muddy the waters.

I'm never said it's going to self destruct.

I said that the bearing should not just slip on. If you put something in there to lock the shaft to the inner race then you SHOULD be good to go.

Tongue in cheek my good man. I agree on the lack of press fit not being ideal.

I forgot what day it was

Re: Input Shaft Bearing Press Fit? [Re: Cab_Burge] #1790645
04/01/15 11:48 PM
04/01/15 11:48 PM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Quote:

When I thought about how much slop is in the front bearing outer race to a stock case and how much is in the output shaft to the input shaft needle bearings and then on how much is in the pilot bearing to input shaft and what happens when you let the clutch out I imagined that all the slop makes the input shaft try to exit, moves away, from the cluster shaft, correct I like to keep the clearances stock as that has worked for me and probally everyone else on here in stock trannys, correct Add the after market parts into the mix and then you need to know if those additional clearances are designed in or missed in quality check process Worst thing that can happens is it breaks and wrecks the car, at speed, correct Talk about muddying the waters

Kaboom....then possibly a mushroom cloud? I think it will be okay and as you know I keep an eye on things.

Re: Input Shaft Bearing Press Fit? [Re: Jeremiah] #1790646
04/02/15 12:39 AM
04/02/15 12:39 AM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Quote:

Quote:

Kaboom....then possibly a mushroom cloud? I think it will be okay and as you know I keep an eye on things.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Page 2 of 2 1 2