Canada
M
Max Weg Offline OP
Max Weg  Offline OP
M

Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Mike! Still having good days and a few bad ones. If he was a member here about all we could do is try to contact him then suspend his account on Moparts. There is a similar thread going on now in the general forum.

Looks like he is still a member here?

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...hat=showmembers

Thanks for the info!!! Much appreciated.

Max Weg

Re: Joey Cole [Re: GOLDENCOMMANDO] #1709222
12/13/14 10:40 AM
12/13/14 10:40 AM
Tennessee
H
Hemi ragtop Offline
super stock
Hemi ragtop  Offline
super stock
H

Tennessee
I hate to see this post and I understand the OP's concern/grief. However, I dealt with Joey back in 09'? on the steel hood scoop on the Coronet. I first read about his work on the resto of Tom Hoover's old 66 Coronet (1996 mag). I contacted him, ordered the scoop and as I recall, it took a year to get it, (met him at the Nat's and picked it up).
As for the quality, it was superb. My car has won a number of large car shows, it is BLACK so imperfections are magnified. My painter had just finished his personal car with a glass scoop and tried to buy my metal one! He did VERY little prep on it, it came out great and is still as nice as the day I received/painted it.
Joey was at times hard to contact. Updates were a long way apart, but he treated me well, delivered a superior product for the price quoted, for not a $ more. I was and still am pleased with my business dealings with him. I hate to see a reputation ruined, but understand the concern with money out for an extended period of time with no contact.

Re: Joey Cole [Re: Hemi ragtop] #1709223
12/13/14 11:16 AM
12/13/14 11:16 AM
Canada
M
Max Weg Offline OP
Max Weg  Offline OP
M

Canada
I am glad you had a positive experience with Joey. I as well had purchased a scoop from him at first and he delivered, that is why I went back the second time but this is for a lot more money than a hood scoop!! I wouldn't have a problem waiting if he would at least answer his phone or reply to an email!! I think waiting 21/2 years for parts with no communication for 11/2 years is a little unreasonable. I have given him ample time to be in touch so he has nobody but himself to blame about his reputation.

Max Weg

Quote:

I hate to see this post and I understand the OP's concern/grief. However, I dealt with Joey back in 09'? on the steel hood scoop on the Coronet. I first read about his work on the resto of Tom Hoover's old 66 Coronet (1996 mag). I contacted him, ordered the scoop and as I recall, it took a year to get it, (met him at the Nat's and picked it up).
As for the quality, it was superb. My car has won a number of large car shows, it is BLACK so imperfections are magnified. My painter had just finished his personal car with a glass scoop and tried to buy my metal one! He did VERY little prep on it, it came out great and is still as nice as the day I received/painted it.
Joey was at times hard to contact. Updates were a long way apart, but he treated me well, delivered a superior product for the price quoted, for not a $ more. I was and still am pleased with my business dealings with him. I hate to see a reputation ruined, but understand the concern with money out for an extended period of time with no contact.

Re: Joey Cole [Re: Max Weg] #1709224
12/13/14 02:10 PM
12/13/14 02:10 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
I hear ya man and unless dying or dead, there`s NO excuse for no contact................PERIOD! I did an engine swap years ago for a "Friend" who took the car and would pay me the next day.................that was 10-12 years ago but he DID call telling me I will never get paid and that I would never find him. Within 24 hrs. I knew where he worked, lived and the lic. of his car. I let it go cos if not it would be a mess and I`d be in prison. I love street justice but the "Law" can possibly help as stated earlier. I`m glad some of you have trusted me w/your parts and $$$ and I will NEVER let anyone down intentionally and if there`s an issue I would HOPE you would contact me before a post like this ALTHOUGH the op`s issues are understandable. Good luck.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Joey Cole [Re: Thumperdart] #1709225
12/14/14 01:13 AM
12/14/14 01:13 AM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita

This is what he said ~July 1 when I inquired about a Max Wedge scoop for my '63 Dodge:

"Right now probably around 3 months due to customers and other parts ahead of you. Just real busy right now with the added summer stuff. ie. Lots of grass to mow! Lol."

kcole@toast.net was the email that I used to contact him.

Re: Joey Cole [Re: GY3] #1709226
12/14/14 11:06 AM
12/14/14 11:06 AM
Canada
M
Max Weg Offline OP
Max Weg  Offline OP
M

Canada
The email address is actually kcole1@toast.net if you try it without the 1'it will return an error message. I know this email works as he had no problem answering emails before he had my money. I am glad cuting his grass is a higher priority than completing work for people that have paid for it. I think you got away lucky by not sending any money. Don't send any money until he has completed the work for others and do it through paypal or some other safe method that if he does not deliver you don't have to go through the hassle I am.

Max Wedge

Quote:

This is what he said ~July 1 when I inquired about a Max Wedge scoop for my '63 Dodge:

"Right now probably around 3 months due to customers and other parts ahead of you. Just real busy right now with the added summer stuff. ie. Lots of grass to mow! Lol."

kcole@toast.net was the email that I used to contact him.

Re: Joey Cole [Re: Max Weg] #1709227
12/14/14 11:13 AM
12/14/14 11:13 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

like tubtar said, call the local police. sometimes they will go out and talk to them.

Re: Joey Cole [Re: Quicktree] #1709228
12/14/14 05:58 PM
12/14/14 05:58 PM
Wichita
G
GY3 Offline
master
GY3  Offline
master
G

Wichita
You're right,I missed the "1" in the email addy.

Guess I'll go scoopless when I have the car painted...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3