M
mikeysmopars Offline
top fuel
mikeysmopars  Offline
top fuel
M

fresno ca
Quote:

As a spectator and pit guy, I would also prefer to have it all Mopar (and orphan brands AKA AMX).

I know that there is a big bracket race at Vegas around the same time and understand that you may get some early or late hangers from that, but it hasn't happened much before.

So I guess that I can't offer much help in how the promoter chooses to set up the race, except that I would prefer not to see a field of pipe racks with BBCs stuttering down the track. I have been to the bracket race also with another car (SBM Altered) and while it's a good race, it's not MATS.

Thanks to Mr. Painter for continuing this show, we hope to attend again in 2015 and go more rounds with both Orange Monsters in AFX. Changes to the Q16 will not affect our plans, so again, this is just an outside opinion.

I prefer to leave it as designed
Instead of letting more "Brand X " in we should be working
on encouraging True Mopar Enthusiast to come and support it.
We wouldn't even be talking about this if they did.

8343537-IMG_1301.JPG (37 downloads)

Founder and CEO of the Central Valley Mopar Drag Pack
Re: A question about Q16 at Mopars at the Strip [Re: Al_Alguire] #1702905
11/27/14 05:18 PM
11/27/14 05:18 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

I am trying to gather some info on how some of you feel about Q16 at Mopars at the Strip. I have contacted some via email and phone but thought this might be a better way. So here goes..

The first question at hand is this. What are your feelings about this class in general? Do you feel it is needed and will you be participating, or are you planning to in the future? Please try to be realistic with your answers.

Next pertaining to the power plants. What are your thoughts on the subject? How do you feel about NON Mopar powerplants running in Mopar bodied cars? Are you against the idea entirely or open to the idea? In otherwords door cars would have to be Mopar bodied but they could be powered by a brand X powerplant. ALL dragsters would be Mopar powered.

Next what about a Big Dog type class where S/Pro and Q16 were combined and put into one class with a race on Saturday and Sunday, for a good payout each day?

Just trying to help out and get some input from the guys I don't know personally. Please feel free to share your idea. Trying to help make this class better and continue to keep a venue to race at here.

I like to think that people that attend these events are a little more automotive savvy then those that attend NHRA events - at least they don't start drinking before noon . Door cars should be all Mopar. It is a Mopar event still, right? Dragsters should be running Mopar engines. Q 16 is ok. "Big Dog" run-off is a good idea also. Lets people see the really fast cars more. Personally, I would like to see a class for only "Chrysler" badged cars - ok, just kidding on the one.

8343720-DaStrip2.jpg (40 downloads)

Fastest 300
Re: A question about Q16 at Mopars at the Strip [Re: Crizila] #1702906
12/07/14 10:47 PM
12/07/14 10:47 PM
Salt Lake City
C
camastomcat Offline
top fuel
camastomcat  Offline
top fuel
C

Salt Lake City
Is there anymore info on this? Like 8 dragsters/8 door cars, Chevy engines, dragsters OK? Just wondering......

Re: A question about Q16 at Mopars at the Strip [Re: Al_Alguire] #1702907
12/18/14 04:47 PM
12/18/14 04:47 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline OP
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline OP
I Live Here

Las Vegas
One last shot at this deal.Anyone else have anything to ad?

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Page 2 of 2 1 2