12/17/08 11:00 PM
12/17/08 11:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I agree BG...This is getting out of hand...I started with the 65' car in 2004. I ran NSCA, NMCA and went to a couple of the CC Events only to find out t that time my 65' was not legal in max wedge. They only allowed 62'-64' max wedge cars..Then at Norwalk there was a vote and they decided to allow the 65's and call it
Max Wedge/Wedge...This added a few more cars to every event...Me along with a few others were just throwing out the idea of allowing all brands and the rules that have been accepted by most all groups...I think the main idea was to help CC Events get in the black and have a higher car count...Last year was a horrible year for me personally, I had (5)big operations and spent a lot of time in the hospital recovering..So needless to say I didn't get to race as much as I planned.. Plus we broke a lot of parts behind the motor...So I guess this makes me a keyboard racer to some...I will hope to have a much better year in 2009... Hope the series does better next year.. Good luck to everyone next year...

4886078-coronet096.jpg (17 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168741
12/17/08 11:39 PM
12/17/08 11:39 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Poppa J,Frist off it was great talking to you the other day,and we love your cars.Alot of good ideas get tossed around.Not everyone is going to agree,but unless someone is down right ignorant there is no reason for arguement.I always say"conversation between people is an exchange of ideas and knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance"We should all try to keep a civil tone.I understand whats a stake here,the preservation of some great mopar events.I honestly feel that If a group of the hemi and wedge guys would communicate together and meet with the event owners and sponsers that a program could be put together that would benifit everyone.We have constantly suggested things and offered sponsership for events but haven't been able to get anything going because to many have personal agendas and want control.I think Kevin was looking to try and garner some informational concencious to present to Charlie which is good.We need a group of people that represent what classes and format that would make the events better and stronger and establish a way to present it to the owners and sponsers.It would benifit us as racers as well as the events and the sponsers.If we all could get past our personal issues we(the mopar family)can insure our future venues for such events.If we can't pull together our future will be limited at best if not lost all together.Especially with our uncertainty of our economical status.I think that if we can come to general concenious and have some one do a detailed presentation to Charlie or whoever we can accomplish good things.I think Kevin has the right idea.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168742
12/17/08 11:55 PM
12/17/08 11:55 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I agree with you 100% BG...I just want the best as well...Some time soon I would love to see your museum of GREAT looking and running mopars. poppaj

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168743
12/18/08 12:01 AM
12/18/08 12:01 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
I agree BG...This is getting out of hand...I started with the 65' car in 2004. I ran NSCA, NMCA and went to a couple of the CC Events only to find out t that time my 65' was not legal in max wedge. They only allowed 62'-64' max wedge cars.. Then at Norwalk there was a vote and they decided to allow the 65's and call it

And the members that ran cars in the class were allowed to vote to change the class and that is the direction you should go in again There were some that didn't want to let in the 65's but the vote is what it is and I have no issue with that

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168744
12/18/08 12:08 AM
12/18/08 12:08 AM
Ohio
J
jdfpam Offline
enthusiast
jdfpam  Offline
enthusiast
J

Ohio
Am I missing something, what NSS class? Do you mean that they are thinking of adding a NSS class in addition to Max Wedge and Hemi?
If so, I think they should allow all makes and models that currently run NMCA NSS.
If they are not, and want to combine Max Wedge, Hemi, and allow X brand NSS, than I am against it. Of course, if they are willing to pay $3,000 or so to win, than I am for it!

Jeff Day
CC Events Max Wedge #2

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168745
12/18/08 12:36 AM
12/18/08 12:36 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Poppa J,Frist off it was great talking to you the other day,and we love your cars.Alot of good ideas get tossed around.Not everyone is going to agree,but unless someone is down right ignorant there is no reason for arguement.I always say"conversation between people is an exchange of ideas and knowledge,argument is an exchange of ignorance"We should all try to keep a civil tone.I understand whats a stake here,the preservation of some great mopar events.I honestly feel that If a group of the hemi and wedge guys would communicate together and meet with the event owners and sponsers that a program could be put together that would benifit everyone.We have constantly suggested things and offered sponsership for events but haven't been able to get anything going because to many have personal agendas and want control.I think Kevin was looking to try and garner some informational concencious to present to Charlie which is good.We need a group of people that represent what classes and format that would make the events better and stronger and establish a way to present it to the owners and sponsers.It would benifit us as racers as well as the events and the sponsers.If we all could get past our personal issues we(the mopar family)can insure our future venues for such events.If we can't pull together our future will be limited at best if not lost all together.Especially with our uncertainty of our economical status.I think that if we can come to general concenious and have some one do a detailed presentation to Charlie or whoever we can accomplish good things.I think Kevin has the right idea.

This is just a thought... Why don't someone set up a meeting before or after the banquet in February? This way Charlie and all concerned can voice an opinion.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: jdfpam] #168746
12/18/08 12:50 AM
12/18/08 12:50 AM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
Quote:

Am I missing something, what NSS class? Do you mean that they are thinking of adding a NSS class in addition to Max Wedge and Hemi?
If so, I think they should allow all makes and models that currently run NMCA NSS.
If they are not, and want to combine Max Wedge, Hemi, and allow X brand NSS, than I am against it. Of course, if they are willing to pay $3,000 or so to win, than I am for it!

Jeff Day
CC Events Max Wedge #2

Jeff it is not CC Events that has made any mention of running a NSS Class.. It has been a few members on here who feel that they (CC Events ) should do that. Those same members have chosen this forum to voice their opinion... I have my doubts that CC Events is going to be receptive to either changing the Max Wedge Division or would be willing to add a NSS Class.. .. But as I have said on here before , I can not speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do know that they really took a beating financially in 2008 and I think that for them to try and make a bunch of changes for the new season is not likely ........

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: jdfpam] #168747
12/18/08 12:54 AM
12/18/08 12:54 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Jeff Day
CC Events Max Wedge #2

Hi Jeff,
It was just a thought to adapt the rules Doug, Jim and a few other racers worked very hard on.
the hopes were to raise the car count...It wasn't well received by most...but that's cool, only a suggestion..jim

4886312-coronet096.jpg (25 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: nss guy] #168748
12/18/08 01:50 AM
12/18/08 01:50 AM
pa
K
Kyle Reasbeck Offline
enthusiast
Kyle Reasbeck  Offline
enthusiast
K

pa

You are exactly right, I race both, and it needs decided by the people that race in MW, that being said you need to start racing in either MW or NSS or keep your opinions to yourself. Sorry for the harshness but you haven't raced in either class the last year and maybe 2 times in 07.

Silence to the peasants!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Kyle Reasbeck] #168749
12/18/08 11:30 AM
12/18/08 11:30 AM
Indiana
MFR440 Offline
super stock
MFR440  Offline
super stock

Indiana
Current car counts of 20+ cars at nearly every race, around 50 cars at Norwalk (when weather is good), plus a sponsor should ensure that the M/W class remains unchanged; however if either of those things change then an adjustment may be necessary. I like the M/W class the way it is now, but I would vote to allow other N/SS legal makes in if it were necessary to ensure the survival of the class. For the most part, N/SS racers are a bit of a different breed, and don't mind the other makes as much (if you have ever attended the banquet at Monster Mopar, then you already know this!)

Fact is, CC Events is not even considering this change at this point - the poll was created to gather opinions to be presented to CC Events, which I also think is the right way to handle things. When we brought the same idea up at a previous race, we were VERY quickly dismissed, so if you truly want the other makes included, I wish you luck. I hope CC Events leaves the class alone until such time that they feel they MUST change.

I believe any suggestions for change should come from WITHIN the class, not from those outside trying to get in (change the rules so I can run syndrome). But everyone is entitled to share their opinions here - it's an open forum. I am sure the Blankenships will take these opinions for what they are worth.

Regardless of opinions and rules, thanks to tti for sponsoring the Max Wedge class!!

Brian Meyer
N/SS #3426
M/W #3426

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: MFR440] #168750
12/18/08 12:31 PM
12/18/08 12:31 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Like I mentioned, it would be great news to me....I can slow it down a bit and run C/NSS and would be very, very competitive. My mild motor right now doesn't have the beef to run a 10.40 index in the Hemi class. I don't care what they do, I will support the series.....but I do think to the Maxie purists it would be a hard sell.

Now, as Rodney King put it so eloquently years ago: "Can't we just all get along?"

At noon, EST time, everyone sing a refrain of Kumbaya and we will be together in spirit.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168751
12/18/08 04:19 PM
12/18/08 04:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I cannot speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do work with them very closely... I am not sure why the poll was even posted to be honest, I do know this.......... Charlie nor Eddie Blankenship or anyone that works for CC Events put it up here on Moparts....

Hey guys, great feed back. As I listed in the opening post. I will print this thread, and make sure that Charlie/Eddie gets it.

I think that getting feedback from ALL Moparts members is great. I do realize that Charlie NEVER gets on Moparts If you have a MOPAR series I would think that Moparts would be your second home
I do know that Charlie & Eddie can get very busy at times......I on the other hand LIVE on the internet

But at any rate feedback is great, no matter what.

Someone did make a great suggestion that there be a mtg held in Feb.

But (IMO) I think if getting anything resolved is gonna happen in 2009, it needs to at least get started ASAP. I also realize that Charlie took a HUGE loss in 2008 (rain). So maybe, just maybe this NSS class is one of the keys to making sure that the CC Events series stays around.

According to the poll 79% like the idea

Anyway THANKS again to all who have thrown in their .

Signed, Kevin Christner
(NOT part of CC Events)

Just a guy who decided to jump in after seeing the other 2-3 threads about the CC Events 2009 season.

.Kumbaya to everyone

Last edited by Kev_73_Missile; 12/18/08 04:21 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168752
12/18/08 05:21 PM
12/18/08 05:21 PM
Col. Ohio
T
The Avg. Valiant Offline
super stock
The Avg. Valiant  Offline
super stock
T

Col. Ohio
I also would have to put in this could draw in more spectators as well, if its an all brand kind of thing. Seeing 50+ NSS cars going at it at every race would be awesome. 422 motorsports, wow, would love to see their cars more often. I really think this could help car count and payout, for those that win often.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168753
12/18/08 07:28 PM
12/18/08 07:28 PM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
Quote:

Quote:

I cannot speak for Charlie or CC Events, but I do work with them very closely... I am not sure why the poll was even posted to be honest, I do know this.......... Charlie nor Eddie Blankenship or anyone that works for CC Events put it up here on Moparts....

Hey guys, great feed back. As I listed in the opening post. I will print this thread, and make sure that Charlie/Eddie gets it.

I think that getting feedback from ALL Moparts members is great. I do realize that Charlie NEVER gets on Moparts If you have a MOPAR series I would think that Moparts would be your second home
I do know that Charlie & Eddie can get very busy at times......I on the other hand LIVE on the internet

But at any rate feedback is great, no matter what.

Someone did make a great suggestion that there be a mtg held in Feb.

But (IMO) I think if getting anything resolved is gonna happen in 2009, it needs to at least get started ASAP. I also realize that Charlie took a HUGE loss in 2008 (rain). So maybe, just maybe this NSS class is one of the keys to making sure that the CC Events series stays around.

According to the poll 79% like the idea

Anyway THANKS again to all who have thrown in their .

Signed, Kevin Christner
(NOT part of CC Events)

Just a guy who decided to jump in after seeing the other 2-3 threads about the CC Events 2009 season.

.Kumbaya to everyone

Kevin, Just a few things I want to address:
#1. I just feel the entire thread was misrepresenting of Chrysler Classic Events..You named it The "Official CC Events NSS Class Poll"
No one at CC Events was asked if they wanted it or if you could represent them on Moparts...
While every one has and is entitled to have an opinion, there was nothing that involved CC Events in this poll except the opinion of members here on Moparts. Some who race with the Series and others who have never even attended a CC Event. I just don't think it was fair to name it to sound like CC Events was interested or even considering a new class.. They were blindsided..
I know that you and several others on Moparts feel that Charlie should be on here, but he works hard and has little interest in web threads.. His main focus is to make the Chrysler Classic Events Series the best it can be for 2009 and with the tough economic times we are all facing it is a real tough situation for him to consider any other major changes at this time..

#2. It takes major bucks to run and maintain a Series such as CC events. It is real tough to try and sell any type of Sponsor on anything today.
Many of the sponsors the Series had in 2008 are still on the fence.If CC Events were to change the Max Wedge Class to accomodate the NSS guys, You could not even imagine the uproar that would have with-in the series... You saw some of it just on this thread, and most of the Max Wedge guys never get on Moparts anyway. Sponsors like TTI, who sponsors the Max Wedge Class would also have to be consulted with before any real decision could be made as well...So that too would be another major issue that CC Events would end up having to deal with, Not the guys here on Moparts posting on the thread.....

Many on here want to point at St. Louis and talk about how well that NSS works.. There is a reason for that..
Doug Duell and a great group of people that were dedicated to making it happen , rolled up their sleeves and put the effort and hours in it to create that event.. They also found sponsors and run the show on their own. In fact last year Duell had put together a deal with Charlie to run a NSS Race at US 131, and we all know about the rain that just wiped out that race completely. So CC Events could be open to a NSS Race such as what Doug Duell has put on. I am just unclear why some are pushing for an entire schedule of races and changing existing rules. That does not seem very fair to thoose who have supported the CC Events Series.

#3. If you really want to put together an Event or a NSS race or Class, then I say, you do your homework as Doug Duell has done at St. Louis. You put together a proposal that includes the rules and has the outline of how the race will run. You also find a sponsor to put up the purse...
Then you approach CC Events with a plan. That I think would be a lot more affective than "just pissing in the wind" as Bob George put it...

I am not here to bash any one , or stir the pot any more, I guess I would just like people to understand it takes a lot more than just saying " I want to see a NSS Class at CC Events for 2009"
It takes a lot of effort, money and dedication to make it happen.

No matter, this is only the way I see it, my opinion just as everyone who is on this board is allowed to do....Paul

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: The Avg. Valiant] #168754
12/18/08 07:54 PM
12/18/08 07:54 PM
Columbus, Ohio
JLC Offline
JLC  Offline

Columbus, Ohio
I also raced in the old NSS class years ago with a 68 Dart,great bunch of racers I must say.I remember when the 1965 cars were thrown out of the M/W class.Thats one of the reasons J.J. started the NSS class. I also believe if they would just open up the carb rule to allow single 4 "Carter,Edelbrock" carb the car count would go up. As far as the purist thing goes,then everyone would have to run a crossram intake. Just my opinion flame on.

4887541-CMB112.JPG (16 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: JLC] #168755
12/18/08 08:02 PM
12/18/08 08:02 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
If worse came to worse; you could put the Hemi and Maxie classes together to form one all-Chrysler NSS Class. There would be an uproar from a lot of the purists, but it would allow the series to survive and put less pressure on a sponsor to pay out.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168756
12/19/08 11:09 AM
12/19/08 11:09 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Kevin, Just a few things I want to address:
#1. I just feel the entire thread was misrepresenting of Chrysler Classic Events..You named it The "Official CC Events NSS Class Poll"

Paul, I disagree that my post would lead anyone to believe that I am "part" of the CC Events, of all the posts, NO ONE ask who I was, or if I was owner or part of CC Events. Reason being is that anyone who is active in this series, and active on Moparts, KNOWS that I am just a close friend of Charlie,Chris,& Eddie. Over the past 6-12 months I have made several posts on several threads explaining that in detail.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168757
12/19/08 11:25 AM
12/19/08 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

#3. If you really want to put together an Event or a NSS race or Class, then I say, You put together a proposal that includes the rules and has the outline of how the race will run. You also find a sponsor to put up the purse...
Then you approach CC Events with a plan. That I think would be a lot more affective than "just pissing in the wind" as Bob George put it...

I personally have no interest in putting together anything, unless it would be matchrace related. I have no car that would fit in the NSS class. But that being said I agree 100% that a proposal be put together on given to CC Events. So since CC Events does not get on Moparts I jumped in to lend a hand to both sides of this discussion.

But it would be kinda silly To wait until March, or April to begin the process, it needs to be done ASAP if ppl want it to "work" for the 2009 season. Thus is also the reason for this thread, Also kinda silly to not get the "racers/public" opinions & thoughts prior to making a proposal Now we have some concrete feed back on what ppl are thinking.

I was just testing the waters so to speak. So that were NOT "just pissin in the wind"

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168758
12/19/08 12:21 PM
12/19/08 12:21 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

#3. If you really want to put together an Event or a NSS race or Class, then I say, You put together a proposal that includes the rules and has the outline of how the race will run. You also find a sponsor to put up the purse...

I personally have no interest in putting together anything, unless it would be matchrace related. I have no car that would fit in the NSS class. But that being said I agree 100% that a proposal be put together on given to CC Events. So since CC Events does not get on Moparts I jumped in to lend a hand to both sides of this discussion.

But it would be kinda silly To wait until March, or April to begin the process, it needs to be done ASAP if ppl want it to "work" for the 2009 season. Thus is also the reason for this thread, Also kinda silly to not get the "racers/public" opinions & thoughts prior to making a proposal Now we have some concrete feed back on what ppl are thinking.

I was just testing the waters so to speak. So that were NOT "just pissin in the wind"

I agree with what Kevin is trying to do.Test the waters,see if the interest is there before wasting everyone's time.And doing it as early as possible,so that if the interest is there and a general concenious of the who,what when and wheres,can be presented in a timely ,professional,detailed and viable proposal to the event owners and sponsers.If I was an owner and sponcer,that is how I would want it presented to me.It's is very easy to dis-miss someones idea with out the back-up information,facts and antisipated projection of results.Try and get a business loan with only an idea,you won't get past the hi and hand shake followed by the sorrow we can't help you.With out the initial beginning steps which Kevin has instituted the whole idea might as well be like a fart in the wind.If Charlie doesn't want our help,we are all just a phone call away.He doesn't have to come on the site.Me ,I'am going to do what ever necessary to help the CC events and the Blankenships.I appreciate the Chrysler Classic envolvement with the Curt George Memorial Event.The Blankenships have handled it very professionally and respectfully.If we lose the CCs our family will continue to sponser the Curt Memorial Race with PRP but would rather it continue being part of the CC program of events.I'am commited to the Blankenships and their efforts to keep the CC events alive.

Post deleted by Defbob [Re: B G Racing] #168759
12/19/08 12:35 PM
12/19/08 12:35 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11